L O V E +
    R E L A T I O N S H I P S

❤️ Welcome Guest! ❤️

Posting Guidelines Bluelight Rules
  • SLR Moderators: axe battler | xtcgrrrl | arrall

One true love???

Runnerchick1061

Greenlighter
What is love... Is it the same as passion... Is there only one person in our existence that can fulfill us 100%... Is even being fulfilled 100% a real thing...

please se before you respond... I want honest opinions... I want what you truly believe in and live you're life by.

Probably some a lot more than others.
Anything more than that I couldn't really say.

I think there is a difference between men and woman on this. I think as we mature we all change. Lives are different that years ago. I was with the same woman from 20 to 36 and then made a mistake. Never thought I would be a cheater and then boom a girl came into my place of work. One thing led to another and had an emotional affair and somehow actually never had sex. Did very imaginable thing but like anything it was a drug. One thing is I learned a lot and learned about communication. I am trying to recover but some things never can be back together. So one true person for 100 percent not so sure. Snoop dogg was on the Sunday morning show and to me said something profound. He said if you are not losing friends you are not growing...

I look at a couple friend of mine who have been together for nearly 20 years now. They have a very simple relationship and I think that helps.

What is love... Is it the same as passion... Is there only one person in our existence that can fulfill us 100%... Is even being fulfilled 100% a real thing...

please se before you respond... I want honest opinions... I want what you truly believe in and live you're life by.

I don't think that love and passion are the same thing (all the time). Pretty hard to explain as I'm sure its very different from person to person? I think its impossible to draw a line between passion / love as the scenarios are infinite.

I live my life by - I am in a LTR with a gorgeous loving guy, we both love each other very much and we are very passionate with and towards each other. I also really enjoy interacting with other people - just the day to day chit chat, the random stories, the disagreements - my partner cannot do that.

I myself am having a hard time with this subject. I've been in a relationship for 7 years, my partner spent most of those years taking advantage and abusing me emotionally. 2 years ago we both started going through a transition. She started working on becoming nicer; where as I started becoming emotionally withdrawn from her.
She believes that I am the only one for her and that I fill a void in her life that no one else will be able to.
Almost a year ago (8months ish) i told her I want to leave.. she convinced me to stay but all this time I've just been fighting with myself about what I want in a relationship. She was my first.. and I feel like I am missing out by attempting to fall in love with someone who I have withdrawn from due to self preservation as well as experiencing little to no attraction towards her (quite frankly she gained a very large amount of weight while I remain.. quite out of her league)

I've wanted to experience different aspects of life including multiple partners and casual sex. I am a highly sexual being and I feel like there is so much out there for me to give and receive but right now... that part of me is trapped.
I'm not so sure I will ever be truly satisfied with 1 single person whom I consider special in my life.. I just don't feel like I'm wired in the same monogamous fashion as most. I am also ok with the idea of my partners seeing other people

If your not romantically, emotionally or physically attracted to a person who has been abusive to you - why stay? Seriously what are you getting from the relationship?

I could be 100% incorrect with your scenario but people who are emotionally abusive can use the premise of 'change' as another control tool on you. You may feel that you can not be happy with a person because you have been in a emotionally draining relationship which can change the way you think about what a relationship actually is (should not be about self preservation).

If you truly love a person, he becomes the most important person of your life. You start to see only positive traits of his or her and your love's all negative things also seems his qualities. You only think about him/her all the time and you live totally in a euphoric state.

He did say "was abusive"... sometimes we don't see the problems at the time. also, being with only one person? Yeah, you need to date/sex several people to get a feel of what REALLY turns you on.

#Runnerchick1061: No, there isn't anyone out there that is 100% the perfect mate of your dreams. So many variables... As we age, and experince life, we change - hopefully for the better. What we did at 21 isn't usually what we do at 30 or 40, etc.

We do and should get our hearts broken a few times... I've loved in the past - but nothing like now... and I do love her so. Even the very best SO - there is going to be disagreements and fight.

Lets say you meet a guy.
He LOOKS 100% your dream guy.
But he speaks another language.
Or has a tiny penis... (Or a huge one)
Or is gay
Or is an asshole.

Or you meet an ugly guy,
But he's voice makes your knees wobble
has the perfect penis
An awesome lover.

Etc, etc, etc.... then at the same time - that OTHER person has to be attracted to you.

I really don't think my wife is replaceable... Even when she hits 50 and I somehow hooked up with a 22yr hot thing... well, that is just fun/sexy time... doubtful, a connection. My wife is nowhere near 50.
I've chatted and flirted with dozens of women (sex with a few of them) since being married and I know that my wife is the one for me to be with, that no woman can steal me away from her.

I think, what makes THAT ONE stand out from the rest, besides how holding, touching and love. - is when you both want to grow old and die together, cannot imagine any other way.