• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

One time large dose meth use. Will I have permanent brain damage?

AgentZer092

Greenlighter
I ingested a total of 300mg give or take of meth Tuesday night into weds morning. I started by snorting .03 and parachuting .06. I felt like I was coming down at 10pm and wasn't really high so I redosed about .05 orally. I redosed .07 at 3am and .12 at 11am for my final dose. I came down weeds night and slept for 2 hrs and then took xanax the next day and slept for 8hrs. I've been able to sleep each night since then and have tried to eat a lot and take a lot of vitamins etc.

Since weds I have been obsessing over neurotoxicity and brain damage. I now realize I took too much and redosed too much for a new meth user. I am wondering if I will be able to recover mentally from this one use. Wed and Thurs I would blackout from standing up but that has since faded. I am still lightheaded and feel foggy in the brain so that has me concerned as it is now Sunday.

A side note to this is that in March I split a half gram of what I thought to be h with a friend. We were suspicious of it to begin with but stupidly went ahead and consumed it in a single night. It definitely wasn't h. Now that I know what meth feels like I know it was meth. I had similar symptoms of blacking out and a few days of being lightheaded. I eventually got over this but now that I know this time that it was meth I cannot stop stressing about what I mightve done to my brain. Everything I search is about long time meth users so I was wondering if anyone has experience with single day large dose experiences and how long I should take to recover. Also what type of brain damage I may have done to myself.

Thanks for your time

You should be okay. Try not to use for a while, and you should feel normal again. You're not doing yourself any favors by obsessing over it.

The major concerns with amphetamines and neurotoxicity are when people use regularly or binge for an extended period of time. Someone on BL created a really good, comprehensive post explaining amphetamine tolerance and neurotoxicity a while back. You may be able to find it with a Google search.

I've never taken meth so I can't speak from personal experience on that one in particular, but from my experiences with amphetamine and what I know about meth, you should be okay with time.

It's also hard to tell how much meth was really consumed without knowing the quality of what you had, but 300mg is almost certainly too much for someone who doesn't have tolerance to amphetamines and you're probably toying with neurotoxicity. But after just that one time, I doubt you'll be able to notice any symptoms of brain damage after taking a break. Just try to be more careful about regulating your usage in the future :)