• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc One nasty drug

Michaelritchie30

Greenlighter
Back in late 2011 I was looking to get high. I was unable at the time to get weed, alcohol, or opiates at the time, my drugs of choice in those days. I made the stupid decision to drink a third of a large bottle of promethazine dm that night. I was blissfully unaware of the horror i was in for a couple hours later. Out of nowhere 2 hours later it hit me like a freight train. First came hallucinations and intense dissaciation. Then came intense panic and terror, intense delirium, intense chest pain, feeling of heavy vice like grip on my head. I tried to go to sleep but i felt on the verge of certain death. I shouted out "dad, im dying" I ended up at the er with intense burning sensation on my skin and hellfire visions. Suffice it to say when I was finally released the next day I felt lucky to be alive. The aftereffects were a 2 week psychotic break. I had to get this out there, do not abuse this drug! You may as well experiment with the lethal injection!

You OD'd on an antihistamine. The only reason promethazine is seen as a recreational drug is because it's often combined with codeine, and turned into lean. But it's the codeine, or alcohol in some lean, that's getting you buzzed. The promethazine adds some drowsiness but it doesn't get you high.

The last roommate I had was really big into diphenhydramine another antihistamine. He tried to get me to take some with him but seeing as how he took 20 pills at a time(25 mg), I thought he was really making a sucide attempt. When he was alive and well the next day he told me I HAAAAD to take some with him.

I took 10 to his usual 20 and was extremely uncomfortable for the rest of the night, though I don't remember hallucinating. Believe it or not I continued to take some more, though never as much as 10 pills again. At around 4-8 pills music sounds nice and sex/orgasm is AMAZING

Thank you for the comments . Yeah, phenargan and dxm, bad choice. Basically if you want a chemical that can show you what its like to have rabies, please try this stuff.! Ive also had many bad experiences on dxm by itself. Contrary to popular belief, its no kiddie drug!

Im not going to lie though. Dxm has given me more euphoria than any other substance ive ever had, and ive had access to meth, adderall, morphine, iv dilaudid, and oxycontin over the years. Ive also had more psychosis and panic from dxm than any other substance. Yup, worse than meth even, for me atleast.

I believe dxm to also be the culprit behind my one week holiday season 2014 stay in the hospital with severe bacterial pneumonia too.

I went on a 2 week binge and didn't suffer any physical damage (that I know of) but it fucked me up sooo badly cognitively. I seriously felt like I had dropped 30 iq points, and it also caused the most severe depression I've ever experienced, so I don't fuck with it anymore. Luckily I feel back to normal now. I believe it's extremely underrated in both it's strength as a recreational drug and danger. I mean, I feel much more comfortable smoking crack, so that should say something (not that I advise that either).

Yes, me too! I wasn't on any antidepressants at the time but my guess is that because I was using daily at the time, excess levels of serotonin could have built up in my brain. I'm no expert though. But towards the end of my binge, my usual dose (250-300mg) was causing all the symptoms of serotonin syndrome. At the worst point, with 300mg, I got extremely disoriented as soon as I felt it hit, extreme hot/cold flashes, made it 15 feet to my bathroom before throwing up numerous times and passing out on the floor. I was just barely conscious, my heart was racing, and I seriously thought I was going to die.

My experiences were a little different. I was also abusing diphenhydramine at the time and on the antipsychotic chlorpromazine. It was similar to my promethazine dm overdose , but also with high fevers, sweats, tremors, and muscle ridgity. Delirium, agitation, dissassociation, audio and visual hallucinations, and panic would go on for hours. For some reason i remember also experiencing intense hunger and thirst.

I agree, dxm is alot more powerful and dangerous than people realize. Id say in a different way my bad dxm experiences were just as bad as the time my appendix burst and i developed peritonitis , which was a certain death sentence before modern medicine. I think its safe to say, no matter who you are and whatever else you've been through, if you take a bunch of dxm, whether your experierence is good or bad, you'll never forget it !

Dxm has always given me horrible effects. First off ive never taken a huge dose except one time and the depression and bodyaches the next day were not worth the dissociative "trip." that shit is no joke though it'll fuck your world up. Takes me back to high school haha.

Damn dude, that sounds really rough. I'm glad you're alright. I used to abuse diphenhydramine when I abused dxm too, though not at the exact same time. I'm always amazed when I hear about people taking 3rd/4th plateau doses frequently without major health issues. I hate reading about kids treating it like it's weed or shrooms, it can be an amazing experience but it's incredibly risky. I had so many panic attacks on that shit too.

Dxm has always given me horrible effects. First off ive never taken a huge dose except one time and the depression and bodyaches the next day were not worth the dissociative "trip." that shit is no joke though it'll fuck your world up. Takes me back to high school haha.

Oh yeah the first time I tried it I got a 3 day hangover consisting of TOTAL anhedonia. Made the crack comedown seem fun.

I have had amazing experiences on DXM that top any psychedelic, the high 2nd/ low 3rd plateau hallucinations are unbelievable!

It's best when it's dark, I was sitting in the trailer living room of a friend. We were both trippin on DXM, lights were off and it was nighttime. I looked up and the normally flat roof sloped up like a cathedral type roof!

But yeah DXM has a really toxic feel and it loses its magic after multiple uses

I wouldn't be surprised if someone told me there are dxm products with a 25% to 50% mortality rate if abused. Maybe even higher with acetaminophen if you are ignorant of the dangers of that stuff. But these days i'm clean from dm and using gabapentin and norco in moderation. Even these substances are fun.

I wouldn't be surprised if someone told me there are dxm products with a 25% to 50% mortality rate if abused. Maybe even higher with acetaminophen if you are ignorant of the dangers of that stuff..
Yeah, there's no way it's even close to that. When there are deaths, it's almost always been 3-4 boxes of triple c's(dxm with clorpheneramine.). Not saying other combination products aren't harmful(and potentially fatal), as they most certainly are, and DXM only is the way to go, but making up random statistics helps no one.

I'm no expert im just guessing how bad it could be if taken in excessive amounts with redosing as well, maybe at the very least i should have included that in the above statement. I apologize if it was misleading as that wasn't my intention. In response to the reply regarding my pneumonia im a chainsmoker and around that time I had severe bronchitis and sinusitus and because of my dxm addiction I couldn't get the mucus up because of my suppressed cough reflex leading to the complication of pneumonia.