• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

One more word about getting high with loperamide (Immodium)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anyone considered that the much quoted "Blood - Brain - Barrier Study" of Loperimide was paid for by the patent holder (manufacturer) of Loperimide. They stood to gain a LOT OF MONEY if they could get Loperimide approved as an OTC drug. That approval would NOT have been given if the "BBB STUDY" showed that Loperimide had abuse liability.

Just an ignorant guess into the economics of Loperimide.

Snowbear

Snowbear said:
A few years ago, I posted a thread similar to this (different group) and I suffered tremendous public humiliation. Let the stonning begin!
Many people have already been hung up by their toes and had stones and feces thrown at them for things like this. I think we're all sick of it to the point where no one has it in them to humiliate/talk shit/whatever anymore, because we know it doesn't work and we just don't care. Let the 2 people who claim this works enjoy this placebo (or the fact they have serious health problems and a BBB that isn't fully formed).

^ I'm hoping they do. ;)

I don't know a ton about this subject, but I know the BBB isn't fully formed in fetuses, and it still might not be fully formed at birth, I can't say for sure. Surely a problem could arise which would prevent it from developing all the way, and it would cause serious illness, if not death. What I'm thinking is these people's BBBs are almost all the way formed, and just have tiny loperamide-sized holes left in them. That would explain everything.

It can be. One time when I had just started suboxone maintence, I was itching to get high (no pun intended). So I took 32mgs of bupe, and it didn't do a fucking thing. I was with a friend who was shooting heroin, so I got a (CLEAN, UNUSED) rig from him and loaded it up with water. I went in his bathroom, shot up some water, pretending like it was heroin, and it seriously decked me. Before the shot, I felt nothing at all, other than a slight, slight tingle/buzz. After the shot, I was nodding like I just shot a half gram of dope. It was pretty damn amazing.

Placebo is a hell of a drug.

We may as well derail this thread, Guido...

Last edited:
johanneschimpo said:
It can be. One time when I had just started suboxone maintence, I was itching to get high (no pun intended). So I took 32mgs of bupe, and it didn't do a fucking thing. I was with a friend who was shooting heroin, so I got a (CLEAN, UNUSED) rig from him and loaded it up with water. I went in his bathroom, shot up some water, pretending like it was heroin, and it seriously decked me. Before the shot, I felt nothing at all, other than a slight, slight tingle/buzz. After the shot, I was nodding like I just shot a half gram of dope. It was pretty damn amazing.

Placebo is a hell of a drug.

We may we well derail this thread, Guido...

I thought shooting water was dangerous, unless of course that water is a saline solution.

^Its safer than shooting heroin or pills, isn't it?
A lot of water would be bad, as it would fuck up your electrolyte balance and whatnot, but 1mL of water isn't going to do anything. Its when they're pumping in a lot of water, like an IV line at a hospital, that it matters to use 0.9% saline solution

johanneschimpo said:
...because we know it doesn't work and we just don't care. Let the 2 people who claim this works enjoy this placebo (or the fact they have serious health problems and a BBB that isn't fully formed).

How the fuck are you a moderator of this forum? It's completely obvious you know about as much on the neurochemistry slant of this subject as a fourth grader who just checked out a library book. Do you have anything else to offer to the thread besides gems such as "loperamide sized holes," and "it has to be placebo i'm tellin ya" insight? Unless you actually have any real-world experiences with the topic, or have some decent understanding of it, leave the retarded commenting to the OD plebians like me...

^ Apparently you don't understand sarcasm. If you think I'm serious when I say "loperamide-sized holes" then the joke is on you.
Also, I know a lot more about neurochemistry, and chemistry in general than you do.
I'll leave it at that, instead of tearing you a new asshole or warning you.

In a perfect world, yes. I was hoping it would just die, but every time I think its dead, some retard bumps it. Oh well.

^it's like that pharofentanyl [in gods eyes] thread that went on for almost a year..

Yeah, we don't want threads that actually contain a combination of spirited discussion, bullshit, and debate anywhere near the front page of the forum. Seriously, how fucking boring is this place lately? That Pharoh thread was the greatest post-Negro thing that ever hit this forum.

Jo- Do you honestly think the OP of this topic cannot differentiate the difference between placebo and actual effects after multiple mutiple uses? This is not some guy who popped random pills his friend gave him and felt a buzz. He has extensive opiod experience.

Warn me all the fuck you want, your lack of neurochem knowledge was made readily apparent within this thread. "ITA KANT CROSS DA BBB DUHZ!!!UZ A MORON"

Why are you even in OD if you dont like it that much?

It says a lot when someone says how boring and shitty this place is then posts in it. Oh, but youve been around since 2001. Sorry, let me bow down and kiss your ass. Fuck that. This "it was better when..." bullshit is getting old. If you dont like it, get the fuck out. Obviously in the 7 years youve been here youve contributed a whopping 530 posts, and I guarantee most of them are posts that verbally suck mod-not-to-be-named's dick, so about 5% of them were actually useful. We wont miss you, I promise.

This is a message to everyone: If you dont like OD now, or you think it was better "back in the day," keep it to yourself. We do a lot of work to make OD what it is, and its actually pretty offensive when we hear that shit. Thanks.

Last edited:
RiseFromRuin: It can't cross it. Show me a study that says it can, by just swallowing the pills on their own. No nano-encapsulation or anything like that, just how the OP claimed to do it. Its not possible. Go read up on what the blood brain barrier actually is, and how it works, before acting like you know what you're talking about.

Either this guy cannot tell the difference between real effects and placebo, or he's one in a million (and has some sort of problem with his BBB).

Regardless, this thread is boring and played out, and proven to be false dozens of times already. There are ways you can talk civilly, but apparently you don't know how to, so enjoy your warning.

So anyway, show me some proof that loperamide crosses the blood brain barrier. I am eagerly awaiting whatever medical journals you can dig up that will tell me this.

Status
Not open for further replies.