• Welcome Guest

Forum Guidelines Bluelight Rules
    Fun 💃 Threads Overdosed? Click
    D R U G   C U L T U R E

One month heroin free - I'm done!

once you get addicted i found them to be significantly less fun. Not getting the same effect and essentially just stopping yourself from getting sick by using.
Totally this! That's why I went off.

Well, not *entirely* went off, because I LIKE the stuff ; but why I took myself off dependent use.
It just wasn't good for anything anymore, served no purpose anymore ; it wasn't fucking FUN.
On a massively reduced tolerance level it's actually good again, and I can consciously enjoy it like I did at the start. Instead of being on a constant frantic pointless search to get hold of stuff to shoot in my veins just so I wouldn't feel like utter crap.

Totally this! That's why I went off.

Well, not *entirely* went off, because I LIKE the stuff ; but why I took myself off dependent use.
It just wasn't good for anything anymore, served no purpose anymore ; it wasn't fucking FUN.
On a massively reduced tolerance level it's actually good again, and I can consciously enjoy it like I did at the start. Instead of being on a constant frantic pointless search to get hold of stuff to shoot in my veins just so I wouldn't feel like utter crap.

Yep me too. I must be getting older but most drugs for me now are only fun for the first day or so. Beyond a couple of days it's just like i'm staving off the effects of the crash/withdrawals to come.

The first day on opiates is honestly a thing of beauty really. You feel so happy and content. As if all the weight has been lifted and nothing you were conerned about before bothers you. But after the 3 day rule is broken. I feel like it does very quickly shift from there on to just maintainance and staving off feeling shit. Tolerance kicks in at that point too. And even staving off the feeling shit itself when you feel the wd kicking in and fix up that relief itself is euphoric. But after a few days begins to effect your whole life and within a week or less of that everything else in life has fallen by the wayside, relationships, finances, your appearance and hygeine, health both physical & mental. You don't enjoy it as much once you become half the man you were to start with.

Yep me too. I must be getting older but most drugs for me now are only fun for the first day or so. Beyond a couple of days it's just like i'm staving off the effects of the crash/withdrawals to come.

The first day on opiates is honestly a thing of beauty really. You feel so happy and content. As if all the weight has been lifted and nothing you were conerned about before bothers you. But after the 3 day rule is broken. I feel like it does very quickly shift from there on to just maintainance and staving off feeling shit. Tolerance kicks in at that point too. And even staving off the feeling shit itself when you feel the wd kicking in and fix up that relief itself is euphoric. But after a few days begins to effect your whole life and within a week or less of that everything else in life has fallen by the wayside, relationships, finances, your appearance and hygeine, health both physical & mental. You don't enjoy it as much once you become half the man you were to start with.
I started off just liking the effects. Then I got more reliant both physically and mentally and went down the predictable cliché route.

I finally realized it was fucking me over more than it was giving me at that point. And from then on changing my habits was actually more or less easy. I know it's not SUPPOSED to be that way. You're told from everyone from every side that if you EVER give up it has to be this soul-destroying 'lifelong' struggle etc etc.

I just simply knew one day the way I had been using wasn't for me anymore.

@TheUltimateFixx in the replies you wrote on my threads I get you were using heroin like approx. once a week but then you wanted to stop because of getting married?? how and what are you doing right now?

I started off just liking the effects. Then I got more reliant both physically and mentally and went down the predictable cliché route.

I finally realized it was fucking me over more than it was giving me at that point. And from then on changing my habits was actually more or less easy. I know it's not SUPPOSED to be that way. You're told from everyone from every side that if you EVER give up it has to be this soul-destroying 'lifelong' struggle etc etc.

I just simply knew one day the way I had been using wasn't for me anymore.

That's interesting, glad i'm not the only one who's like that. Shows how much of what is projected by the media and health services about it all is untrue.

I won't compare my time on heroin to someone using for years. I did a 3 month binge of smoking and a month solid of IVing to the point i was struggling to find a vein. After that i came to one morning, was staying with this girl who was a heavy user. Looked at myself in the mirror and just felt disgusted with what i saw. I had completely lost myself and become someone i would rather not be. Associating with people i'd rathr not know. I quit there and then Cold Turkey, her with a half oz of h still there, sat smoking it constantly beside me.
Eventually after the initial 3 days of being unable to do anything had passed, i ditched her and went to a sober friends house for the next week and cleand my act up. I actually found motivation in how far i'd let myself slip. The only way was up. I was back exercising within 5 days and did everything i could to make amends with all the people i care about for all the things i fucked up.

It's a sidenote here but i honestly believe crack cocaine is more addictive than opiates. Maybe it's just the way my brain works but honestly that shit destroyed me. I continued to score even when i knew i was fucked. The path to self destruction there is quick and knows no boundries.

@TheUltimateFixx in the replies you wrote on my threads I get you were using heroin like approx. once a week but then you wanted to stop because of getting married?? how and what are you doing right now?
I was good with being a weekend user only. In fact I'd settled down to that.

But I have stopped all use (for a significant period of time by now) because my partner massively objects. I can say that I'm not happy with this.

Who is doing the chasing? Someone bold enough to chase a dragon?! The too many heads to count monster Medusa kraken compulsion that is killing me not so softly might as well be doing coke that was stepped on by a Cartel responsible for gruesome atrocities

Cocaine is the sprinkling of more more more the pinnacle of compulsion entertained upon taken to the limits for me control was lost way back down there Major Tom Houston said don't bother saving that one pull the plug they are gone down a warped cosmic peephole of a chemical rodeo that no midget trapeze artist would trade a chimpanzee unicyclist's helmet for like Billy wears on the subway

Never got hooked on opiates who knows they always seemed to make me sick along with the warm fuzziness

girl don't even dream of promoting opioids. forget the pleasure factor, i love coke more than oxy/h but i can set coke down np but for some reason opiates have a different component to it that causes extreme compulse to use. that is why relapse is so prominent and why not even doing it once is best, even if you think you can control it.

I often think I will have control where it fails everytime lol

Translating my DOC for this situation

Some fires once started I can't stop until it all burns down yet the pyro (addicted self) keeps torching it dangerously downward despite the dastardly consequences

Last edited: