• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

One month after first roll for second roll?

Xelcesior

Greenlighter
Hi all,

I just tried MDMA for the first time last month, and it was very pleasurable. For my second roll, it will have been a month break. I have been taking 5-htp after the first roll to help me out. Will my second roll be diminished or just as good? Don't plan on doing it for a long time after this.

hello dear internets friend and welcome to the wonderful bluelight :)

it should be just as good if not better! enjoy and have fun but please be sensible and safe.

see you around.

Yep, presuming you've got the same quality MDMA (and confirmed legit through testing), you'll have a great time. It won't absolutely have the same WOOOOOOOOW factor as the first time, since you know what's coming, but as far as tolerance and response is concerned you'll roll just the same :D

While 1 month is the minimum advised wait between doses, it's still preferred to wait longer. Though given you don't plan on rolling again for a little while after this occasion, you've got nothing to worry about :) enjoy!

Should I still take 5-htp to help with serotonin recovery and then stop a week before?

Yea it will be just as strong, but like trozzle said, it looses alot of that wow factor. No roll has ever came close to as amazeballs as my first time.. And also, the once a month works for quite some time, but from personal experience, it will eventually catch up to you taking the minimum amount of time for breaks. I've been rolling every month ever since i first tried (almost two years ago) and id say it lost alot of its "magic" about 6 months in or so. Dont get me wrong, its still fucking awesome, which is why i continue this use.. But honestly probobably shouldn't ?

Placebo or not, there's no (confirmed/obvious/even suggested) harm to supplementing 5-HTP, so why the hell not heh it's cheap enough :) and yes, I'd cease any supplementation of 5-HTP at least a week prior to your intended roll :)

As others have said, you'll most likely have a great time, and 1 month is fine if you're going to wait awhile until the next time. Regarding the 5-HTP, I've found it's really only helpful to take for 3-4 days after rolling. I usually take 200mg of 5-HTP when I'm completely done rolling and am about to go to sleep, and then 100mg for the next 2-3 nights. For your next roll, I'd advise taking magnesium and vitamin C the day leading up to the dose (magnesium prevents teeth grinding and vitamin C gives me a fuller roll and helps with the comedown). Have fun.

Don't take 5-HTP for about a week before you roll again or it will diminish your roll.

Don't take 5-HTP for about a week before you roll again or it will diminish your roll.

This, and its dangerous to use close to a roll. Since you have only rolled once, im sure youll be fine with a single month break, and it may even be better cause youll "understand" it more. After this....bump your wait to 2 months, then after the next roll dont do it without a 3 month break. This way you wont lose the magic at all :)

Okay, so I dosed around ~170mg for my birthday. It was definitely good... I definitely felt the empathy and love for my friends, even those whom I do not fancy much. However, the peak definitely could not compare to the first time. It lasted probably 1.5 hours, and it was quite sudden when I started to come down. My first roll lasted around 6.5 hours. The second roll also didn't have that "omg my brain is jizzing" feel like the first roll. I guess I should have waited more since I dosed 250mg the first roll (.125 for initial dose then redosed with same amount). I am going to let my brain rest for at least 6 months before I try rolling again.

This is simply a myth. If anything, it would increase the rolling experience. But any changes in experience are likely to just be placebo.

and its dangerous to use close to a roll

Not true either really. If you're referring to serotonin syndrome then it's again a myth. To be perfectly honest, 5-HTP struggles to actually increase brain levels of serotonin instead being used in the periphery. Hence why this 'it dulls the roll' or 'enhances the roll' is often placebo.

Okay, so I dosed around ~170mg for my birthday. It was definitely good... I definitely felt the empathy and love for my friends, even those whom I do not fancy much. However, the peak definitely could not compare to the first time. It lasted probably 1.5 hours, and it was quite sudden when I started to come down. My first roll lasted around 6.5 hours. The second roll also didn't have that "omg my brain is jizzing" feel like the first roll. I guess I should have waited more since I dosed 250mg the first roll (.125 for initial dose then redosed with same amount). I am going to let my brain rest for at least 6 months before I try rolling again.

was it the same material as your first roll? tested? did you do the 170mg all at once or was your initial dose lower?

I tested like two pills out of my batch with a test kit from Dancesafe... they showed up as positive. I am not worried that they were cut; the experience was identical to the first roll but diminished in terms of overall intensity. My second roll definitely did not feel overly speedy or anything. Perhaps the dosage is a bit lower, but not by much. I encountered that same "walking on air" sensation, felt like a "puddle of love", wanted to talk to all my friends even the ones I sorta dislike... it just lacked the wow factor from my first roll. Honestly, I should have just waited longer since my sleeping habits and diet are far from good.

I tested like two pills out of my batch with a test kit from Dancesafe... they showed up as positive. I am not worried that they were cut; the experience was identical to the first roll but diminished in terms of overall intensity. My second roll definitely did not feel overly speedy or anything. Perhaps the dosage is a bit lower, but not by much. I encountered that same "walking on air" sensation, felt like a "puddle of love", wanted to talk to all my friends even the ones I sorta dislike... it just lacked the wow factor from my first roll. Honestly, I should have just waited longer since my sleeping habits and diet are far from good.

I don't think dosing to close is the reason for lacking the wow factor. Chances are you'll never get that wow factor again, so stop chasing it. When your mind knows what to expect you won't be getting the wow-factor any more. :)

I think chasing the wow factor is a lot of the reason why some people "lose the magic" very quick, and why some people never seem to loose it. MDMA isn't wow for me (other than the first time), but it's still fantastic.

You say that you got the same walking on air sensation, puddle of love, talking with your friends feeling, well - that's MDMA. But try changing your environment, take it at home, in a club, at a rave, outdoor psy festival, ect. Changing the scenery will give the rolls a different feel to it.

^ agreed.
the "wow" factor just isn't the same when you know what to expect. but if you get the walking on clouds feeling (i've only had that the first three times or so) and feel like a puddle of love then it's definitely working as intended.

still, i'm a bit confused. in the above post you talk about milligram doses of mdma, in your last one you're talking about pills (and having them tested with a test kit).

In my experience, you will still get the wow factor effect on occasion. Somewhat out of the blue, it's snuck up on me (particularly during the come up of a relatively high dose on an empty stomach) and just slapped me across the face good and proper, leaving a stupidly big grin in its wake. Those moments of "I can't believe this is actually happening" still occur, just don't chase it or you'll never catch it.

^ agreed.
the "wow" factor just isn't the same when you know what to expect. but if you get the walking on clouds feeling (i've only had that the first three times or so) and feel like a puddle of love then it's definitely working as intended.

still, i'm a bit confused. in the above post you talk about milligram doses of mdma, in your last one you're talking about pills (and having them tested with a test kit).

For clarification, I acquired some powder which did show up positive for MDMA (did not try it ever though). However, some of the powder was not reacting so I am thinking either fillers or something else. The pills I acquired showed up positive with only MDMA, though.

I wouldn't be surprised if people just crush up plain coloured pills and onsell it as "powdered crystal". Would still test positive, but purity would be loooowwwwww. And you may find chunks that don't react very well with the test reagent.

A month is the perfect amount of time to wait for your next roll!! You will love it just as much but it won't be as amazing when it hits since like the others have said, oh know what to expect