• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

On which hallucinogen is it possible to act the most "normal"?

2c-b is pretty clear headed and easy to act normal on. First or second time I did it my mom kept repeatedly congratulating on how proud she was I didn't come home wasted.

Overall it more depends on dose and experience than a specific psychedelic.

Yes they are completely different drugs. 25-b-nbome is far more potent than 2c-b and also has a far lower safety profile.

Ive functioned at work on low dosed of LSD before. Infact it helped boost my productivity since it brought on such feelings of content.
This is a low dose though, hardly "tripping" but clearly a change in perspective.
I attempted it at school before too, and I was fine for the first couple hours but things got crazy after me and my friends smoked some cannabis. Everyone I saw after that could tell I was fucked right up, partly from my easily distracted state of mind, but mostly because my eyes were as red as the devils ass and pupils like this O_O

My vote is for AMT. Other than the pupils the size of flying saucers, you could be at a strong +++ and still do most normal activities without issue. Although you might run off on tangents about the universe when talking to people so try to minimize that. But it doesn't make you hallucinate enough to make you be unable to function.

2C-C and 2C-D as well because they have little mental component.

5-MeO-MiPT is a very functional drug but its more of a stimulant than a psychedelic and you're likely to want to hump everything and everyone.

4-HO-MiPT is another functional one in low doses. Its a very light trip until you pass the 15-20mg (depending on tolerance) threshold.

But the bottom line is that any psychedelic can be functional... its all about the level you're on. I can communicate and function just fine on 200mg of DXM but push that to 800mg and you even try to talk to me and its just not happening.

Even MDA... Low doses I'm functional, chatative, happy... high doses I'm so fucked at the peak I can't even make out your face much less act sober around you.

i don't even try to act normal, i just embrace the weirdness. it's very freeing, i recommend it.

i don't even try to act normal, i just embrace the weirdness. it's very freeing, i recommend it.

I would assume OP is asking this question because there are certain situations that going with the trip are out of the question. :p

As others have said, low doses of 2C-D because it's relatively neutral mentally (but not always!). I've been able to handle myself in public with it. Even when I took enough (40-50 mg) to have surprisingly vivid open-eyed visuals (walls breathing, tracers), I was still be able to think and function normally, although I decided not to keep it a secret (which is usually the best thing to anyway.)

Low doses of LSD (20-70 µg) can work too if you're okay with not being able to sleep for 12+ hours! I recently played a somewhat serious (but intimate) concert on a low dose. While I wasn't tripping hard, my sense of intuition was definitely altered (for the best). Might not repeat, but it was fun to try once.

Mushrooms: too unpredictable. They too often make me want to lie down alone somewhere. Probably terrible for stealth tripping.

For me, LSD. At pretty much any dose. On my second acid trip, my friend and I went down to the boardwalk in our town and walked around. Crowds of people everywhere, but we were able to somehow keep our composure no problem. It was almost like an enhanced social aspect. Kind of like we were a step ahead of most people. At the same time it was so unbelievably surreal, like being in a dream. Such an eye-opening trip. The best I've had yet. :)

It is virtually impossible to act 'normal' whilst tripping balls. 5-HT2a agonism is hard to hide. If nothing else, your dilated eyes will give you away.

Yeah the dilated pupils are unavoidable on a lot of different drugs, but I was more referring to the behavior alone, disregarding physical signs. For the purposes of this question I would consider the behavior to be normal enough if the user could be sufficiently aware of their surroundings, can have a light conversation without sounding insane, and can move/talk normally (like without so much stumbling or slurred speech that it couldn't reasonably be blamed on drowsiness from a sleepless night).

Lol, I remember one time on a medium dose LSD trip, I had to talk to my friend's dad, sister and psuedomother. It was so hard, I just let my friend talk for me and turned away and stared at the wall... 8)

I think it's generally easier to act normal on something like 2C-D. I took 10mg 2C-D at Halloween (which is admittedly a mild dose) and not a soul had a clue I was on anything. My girlfriend was convinced that I was entirely sober save from some pot. Quite a good drug for social settings I'd say.

Lol, I remember one time on a medium dose LSD trip, I had to talk to my friend's dad, sister and psuedomother. It was so hard, I just let my friend talk for me and turned away and stared at the wall... 8)

I think it's generally easier to act normal on something like 2C-D. I took 10mg 2C-D at Halloween (which is admittedly a mild dose) and not a soul had a clue I was on anything. My girlfriend was convinced that I was entirely sober save from some pot. Quite a good drug for social settings I'd say.

I feel like if you can have the conversation somehow without having to make eye contact it's pretty easy, like if you're playing video games or something.
Once you see them look in to your dinner plate sized pupils you start to panic and get nervous and stumble over your words.

The most important thing to keep in mind when trying to act normal is to make eye contact, even if your pupils are dilated. That, and have confidence. Of course this is easier said than done.

Of course, it's best to trip when you don't have to worry about acting normal.

It seems as though nearly every psychedelic has been mentioned, except perhaps DMT.

MagicalKat777 said:
But the bottom line is that any psychedelic can be functional... its all about the level you're on.

Indeed.

4-HO-DET produces (for me) a nearly emotionless trip, with little body high or body load, in sharp contrast to its isomer 4-HO-MiPT. I found ethocin totally boring, but even on 50 mg of the stuff I felt like I could function more-or-less normally.