• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

On which hallucinogen is it possible to act the most "normal"?

SpeedyBaboon

Bluelighter
Obviously, tripping is some crazy shit generally, and it can sometimes be hard to control one's thoughts or actions on hallucinogens. But I was wondering if any hallucinogen's trip would be fairly easy to control in public so that the user wouldn't seem like they're definitely on something, and so they could at least manage to follow a train of thought without zoning out. (I'm not sure if "zoning out" is a common experience on hallucinogens, but it would make sense, and I certainly experienced it while I was on shrooms.) I've heard of people doing LSD and shrooms at places like school before, which sounds kind of difficult, especially based on my experience with shrooms (I was so out of it I can't imagine being able to function whatsoever in public on them lol). Obviously most hallucinogens are unpredictable by nature and bad trips are always possible, but which one would be most likely to allow the user to be almost completely in control of their actions and behavior, but still have a party in their head? Just curious. Thanks.

Every time I did Acid at school I had to leave, every time. Mushrooms were no problem for me. If they are for you, well that's all I got.

A mid to low dose of 2c-I, nothing over I'd say 15, maybe 16 mgs?
But for how shallow and clear headed it is at lower doses, it be very easy to compose yourself of this dose of this substance.

But I'm the end it's going to depend on your personal chemistry and what works for you,
For example I can compose myself fine on pretty high doses of LSD but even a baby dose of Psilocin has me connecting with the godhead, so to each there own.

Also I'm not sure but, kinda sounds like a what's should I take forum

Hope this helps love!
Namaste

Thanks for the replies guys.

To clarify, I wasn't asking what I should take; I'm not planning to take hallucinogens in public any time in the future, it was just a hypothetical question out of curiosity. Hopefully that's not against the rules, although I do see what you mean, as someone who is asking for themselves could easily just ask as a hypothetical to avoid it being obviously rule breaking I suppose.

I find certain phenethylamine psychs much easier to remain composed on. 2cd springs to mind.
But then again, so does cannabis.

Really though, it is all about set and setting in my opinion. I've had moments of clarity, followed by utter confusion, in the same trip.
How well rested, well nourished and comfortable you are with your surroundings will make a huge difference, regardless of the substance.

Last edited:
I find certain phenethylamine psychs much easier to remain composed on. 2cd springs to mind.
But then again, so does cannabis.
Well, I don't know too much about 2C-D (or any of the 2C-x drugs really), but I wouldn't really consider cannabis to count in this case. It only really becomes hallucinogenic in high doses, or if it's VERY good cannabis. I was referring more to hallucinogens that produce full blown trips with visuals and everything, yet still allow the user to act fairly normal around others.

To me it seems like a no brainer. MXE. On low doses absolutely nobody will be able to tell anything is up, as the pupils and general appearance remain completely unaffected. Even at moderate doses one could get away with being around parents or at work, although that's not necessarily recommended. This is just my experience, however. I find psychedelics like LSD, shrooms, 2cb, 25i etc to be extremely difficult to remain composed on, not to mention massive pupils that are a dead give away.

Be careful with MXE though, it is very addictive. I've known of people using it daily for up to a year straight, at home, work, and school. It's not something you want to end up happening.

Set and setting is the most important factor. But aside from that, I am always able to act normally on DOC, and perform normal tasks, even when my vision is washed in visuals. My pupils dilate though for sure, but not as extremely as with many other things. Socializing is not difficult. During a strong experience I can get a little bit of awkwardness if the social setting isn't fully comfortable, during the peak, but it's not that offputting.

It was pretty easy with AMT too though with that I am more liable to look like I feel really good.

In general phenethylamines are easier to do this with than tryptamines.

MXE has a psychadelic pull.....we should probably start a thread asking if people really think it counts as a psych?

i can't imagine any of them....i have "passed THAT test" several times (not THE test).....most of the times they probably thought he's just drunk

Be careful with MXE though, it is very addictive. I've known of people using it daily for up to a year straight, at home, work, and school. It's not something you want to end up happening.
Wow, yeah, I can't imagine tripping every single day. It's fun but I wouldn't want it to lose its "magical" quality. I'm sure you know what I mean.

I'm just saying that psychedelics are best enjoyed when you don't have to act normal
That may not be the answer you're looking for but imo all of them in sufficiently high doses will make it difficult to act normal, on the other hand most others in sufficiently low doses (ones like DMT and ibogaine excluded) can be pretty easy to act sober on.
It all has to do with dose and psychedelic experience.
I've acted quite normal on 25mg of 2ce except for the fact that my pupils were dilated

Any, providing you take a low enough dose.

Or alternatively none, providing the dose is high enough.

I don't really think this is very good question because it is so strongly dependent on set, setting and dose before it is dependent on the inherent properties of the drug.

I don't really think this is very good question because it is so strongly dependent on set, setting and dose before it is dependent on the inherent properties of the drug.
Oh I know, obviously personal body chemistry, set and setting are all very important factors, but most drugs produce at least in the same ball park of effects when different people use the same drug. And as for dose, I was specifically referring to doses that would actually allow the user to fully experience a trip, which at the same time allowing them to act normal if they try.

If you have to concern yourself with acting 'normal' on a hallucinogen, then why bother taking the hallucinogen.

this

Lucid, were you recommending nbomes? I'll admit that I don't know the dose, but I had my first ever trip a few days ago. I bought some "acid" at a music festival, which upon further questioning I found out was 25b. Anyways, there is no way in hell I would want to be anywhere I had to act normal for most of that trip. Besides how I was acting, my pupils got very dilated. Enough so to where I feel like it would be fairly noticeable. I personally wouldn't try that if I didn't want anyone to know I was tripping. At least not near whatever dose I had.