• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc On the Mulungu train.

Abewoods88

Greenlighter
I am very very pleased with mulungu extract I've acquired... very potent stuff. I was indeed surprised. I used to think Kava was a good benzo alternative, this is much much much better. Anyone else enjoy this stuff? Is there another ROA besides oral that anyone has dabbled with? I want to try plugging or snorting it somehow, but am pretty darn hesitant to do so. Is there a way I could refine it further into a more concentrated product? Thanks....

(Also, am not sure if I'm even allowed to ask about refining things... so please correct me of that's the case.)

Have you noticed an effect on your dreams? I've always been interested in trying it for that purpose, but I've never gotten my hands on it.

^^^yes it does seem to increase dreaming activity

I found mulungu extracts upset my stomach a bit. Still better than kava though I suppose.

Not sure if it could be further refined beyond since a plant extract, or what you mean precisely.

How do you guys find this stuff better than kava? When I tried it was ok, relaxing but nowhere near as fun or useful as kava and I felt tired and sedated the next day. Only area I would say this for sure beats kava is taste. It tasted so good I was worried I would ingest too much.

Without any thru Kava experience except with an self made drink that included lecithine and milk and soaking a few hours and straining. And capsules with an extract from a welllknown company. They seemed totally unlike Kava kava and Mulungu.

Kava I imagine could serve as a relaxant. Mulungu, the bark and the extract, were pure hypnotics. I slept very well on it without any residual groginess.

I'm very curious about this stuff. I've really tried to make kava work for me, but my stomach doesn't agree with it in any form. Which is odd because I do not have a sensitive stomach.

What type of extracts work? What strength?

Kava never really worked for me. Especially that diy drink had me gagging. The caps with extract got me to sleep once after I drank a Red bull at night (mistake).
Then I took 4 times the recommended dose of Kava extract and finally drifted off to sleep.

Could have been placebo but it calmed me down subjectifly. But there are lots of good story's on Kava. If you use it the right way with the right kind.

Once I found a source for some very good (and expensive) kava I definitely had some quite good effects. The initial high for the first 90 minutes was actually very impressive, almost narcotic like euphoria, then that tapers off into some mild relaxation. Higher doses were actually counterproductive for sleep, likely due to it's norepinephrine reuptake inhibition.

But it's so hard on my stomach, and gives me a dull headache, that it's just not worth it. Even extracts. All kava, regardless of quality, does this to me. So I eventually gave up on it.

I can't tolerate Kava at all. I have a pretty strong stomach (I can eat habaneros with no problem at all), but kava makes me violently ill.

I'm afraid that Mulungu would have the same effect on me.

I can't tolerate Kava at all. I have a pretty strong stomach (I can eat habaneros with no problem at all), but kava makes me violently ill.

I'm afraid that Mulungu would have the same effect on me.
Ime experience they are not alike effect wise Mulungu is the sleep aid of the two. And especially the extract, but also the tea went down easily.

If you can get your hands on some good Mulungu I would defenitely advise you that one to try at least once to see if it works for you.
Mulungu is on weight to weight basis more powerfull as Kava Kava so you don't have to down a lot.

Yeah Mulungu is by far the best herbal I have found, hands down. The flavor of it is so good too.... it definitely reminds me of temazepam. If I take it alongside opiates I get amazing Nods.

As far as refining it, I'm just wondering if we could get it to a place where it could be snorted, or plugged... Im hesitant to do it with the extract I have even though it seems quite refined, I dont think it would be comfortable with how much plant material remains.... I dont know too much about the alkaloids in the plant and if they can be isolated or if they have effects on their own. I know with many plants, you have to have the whole spectrum, or it doesn't do the same thing. Does anyone have anymore information on this stuff? Are the compounds found in mulungu psychoactive on their own?

Have you noticed an effect on your dreams? I've always been interested in trying it for that purpose, but I've never gotten my hands on it.
Yes, Dreams have become more vivid. I have had a few where it seems like an actual "viewing screen" where various patterns, colors, noises, and other things have appeared or even "created" by me. (Hard to explain) the dream world is extremely mysterious. High dose agmatine and some cannabis alongside the mulungu created very interesting dreams for me. I think it was 4 grams Agmatine, 10mg cannabis edible (indica), and 2 grams potent mulungu extract (like an off white fine powder that tastes amazing). I hope it works for you like it did for me.

Yes, Dreams have become more vivid. I have had a few where it seems like an actual "viewing screen" where various patterns, colors, noises, and other things have appeared or even "created" by me. (Hard to explain) the dream world is extremely mysterious. High dose agmatine and some cannabis alongside the mulungu created very interesting dreams for me. I think it was 4 grams Agmatine, 10mg cannabis edible (indica), and 2 grams potent mulungu extract (like an off white fine powder that tastes amazing). I hope it works for you like it did for me.
That's awesome! As you can tell by my screen name, dreaming is one of my favorite hobbies (probably only second to writing and playing music)! Maybe one day I'll get my hands on some Mulungu and get to try it out for myself.

Sweet Dreams!!!
Dreamflyer
:sleep:

That's awesome! As you can tell by my screen name, dreaming is one of my favorite hobbies (probably only second to writing and playing music)! Maybe one day I'll get my hands on some Mulungu and get to try it out for myself.

Sweet Dreams!!!
Dreamflyer
:sleep:
I know we can't source things, hopefully I'm not out of line by saying the big names in internet shopping can help out. :/. We'll see if I'm considered a bad boy now. :p

I know we can't source things, hopefully I'm not out of line by saying the big names in internet shopping can help out. :/. We'll see if I'm considered a bad boy now. :p
No worries. I can always research distributors online. It's just not a huge priority of mine right now. I have enough crazy dreams already! :)

How potent are these extracts vs. crude leaf, like 5x, 10x etc? I am curious about mulungu as well but I would need to import and don't even know whether I could import leaves (kava was succesful so I think it should be possible). Or aren't pure leaves worth bothering?

How potent are these extracts vs. crude leaf, like 5x, 10x etc? I am curious about mulungu as well but I would need to import and don't even know whether I could import leaves (kava was succesful so I think it should be possible). Or aren't pure leaves worth bothering?
When a vendor had both the bark of Mulungu, not the leaves, and an extract. Both worked equally effective at a equipotent dose.

But be sure to get the bark not the leaf, I have no idea what the difference but is. Maybe more actives are found in the bark. The seeds for example are toxic.

Yesterday I took a mulungu tea, more than 30 minutes low boiling.. along with +5grams of lemon balm (said to be a potentiator)
Not bad, I surely had some effects apart from the kratom I was on, but well, if you're super relaxed on several grams of kratom, after dosing all day long... (+10gpd) then well, it's not that "noticeable"

I mean, I knew there was something else in my body, something pretty distinct, but it's difficult to notice the real effects in terms of come-up, peak and "fade out"
I just felt more in peace, more calm in a ecstatic way, and ready for sleeping, with a subtle body euphoria that was pretty different than kratom body high, even red strains..

I used mulungu bark more than once, when you're not on something else is pretty noticeable and distinct, very special, and the ecstatic peace you get seems to be very good for meditation purposes or just chilling, nodding out a bit. It's pretty non recreational but super useful medicinally talking.
Never tried the extracts but I've heard that you can smoke it to get a good buzz... I may try once.
I'm trying to get at least 300 grams to extract myself but I don't know how easy/difficult could be, to get some type of hash material. Probably quite easy.

This stuff is interesting... I have some 2:1 extract and I took 1g and felt drowsy but not enough to fall asleep, 2 hours later I took another gram and felt like I had taken a sleeping pill, strong sedation and just fell asleep almost instantly.

I am curious how this stuff interacts with nicotine/tobacco addiction. In the morning I had significantly less desire to smoke cigarettes, and when I did smoke the buzz felt blunted. I guess a lot of people uses it to quit smoking, as an nicotinic antagonist it binds more tightly to the receptors than nicotine.

This stuff gave me insanely vivid and LUCID dreams!

In fact I was a bit concerned at first, because it was pulling the thoughts I was having as I was drifting off to sleep INTO the dreams. I've only had that happen before when experiencing sleep paralysis. I did not experience any sleep paralysis though, just the intensity and how it pulled my thoughts into it were similar.

When I woke up after ~90 min of sleep to pee, for awhile I just layed there and was unsure if I was awake or still dreaming or not.

It was pretty insane stuff for dreaming, that's for sure.

Is it safe to consume it regularly to counter insomnia? Is tolerance a big an issue? I might try to get it for purely use as sleep-aid and wonder is it worth a try for such use.