On mobile, can't use some text editing features?

someguyontheinternet

Moderator: CD
Staff member
Since the recent update the way markup/HTML type tags work in the text editing box seem to have changed. I no longer get a WYSIWYG preview and the buttons on the editor don't appear to work. Is this a me problem?

We have been working on updates, could you PM me a screenshot of what you see & don't see? (Or share it here). So us admins know what to determine what exactly we might need to do to correct this.
Cheers!

Since the recent update the way markup/HTML type tags work in the text editing box seem to have changed. I no longer get a WYSIWYG preview and the buttons on the editor don't appear to work. Is this a me problem?
Something like this happens to me when I fat finger a button above the text box. I think it's some sort of save draft or editing feature, no idea. It grays out the text editing/insert/markup buttons and locks them.

Tap the right most icon above the text box, looks like a folder with a magnifying glass.

If it's the issue I think, that fixes it. Sometimes have to tap it twice.

Well that seems to be the only button that responds to my touch however all it does is remove the ability to edit text

Well that seems to be the only button that responds to my touch however all it does is remove the ability to edit text
hmm :unsure:

try double or triple tapping it if you haven't already, or tapping it and then the text box and vice versa. I remember being frustrated when it happened to me and just started smashing buttons which is how I learned how to fix my similar issue, lol.

going into browser settings and deleting the cache for BL should fix it as well, you can also reset the cache for the entire browser/all websites but this will make you re-login to all your websites, you can specifically reset the cache only on BL tho

Had to be incognito, new tabs are the same deal so I assume some cached files are being goofy

if it works when incognito, it could well point to an extension.

try opening a regular, non-incognito window but disable all extensions. does it work then?

alasdair

Finally bit the bullet and nuked my cache and cookies. Have to log into everything again but it fixed the issue with the text editor. Buttons work and WYSIWYG is back. Feel free to close if you guys want

Reactions: Ds