• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc On average, how quicky can one expect to experience addiction symptoms from GHB use?

Risingsunn

Greenlighter
I have been using GHB during the weekends recently. I take it strictly when I go out out once a weekend. I also take a one week break, once every 1-2 weeks. I take approximately 15-25 ML, in doses of 3.5ml to 5ml. when I go out, spread over a 6-15 hour time span.
I plan to use it twice this weekend, instead of regular single night.

I know there are alot of personal factors involved which determine the possibility of addiction.
My question is: How much GHB did you have to take (ml/day) and for how long untill you experienced symptoms of addiction.

Thank you in advance,

IMO you don't have to much to worry about just now. You are sensibly using it.

I got addicted to GBL for 4 months taking it 5 times daily. When I stopped the anxiety was unbearable and I had to use codeine and a Benzo to calm down.

Please be careful though because if you start abusing it you are in for serious problems.

Take care and stay safe.

IIRC for me there was a sort of abrupt change from only taking it for one single purpose to making it an all-purpose 'mood enhancer' using it daily / functionally. Even once a day to sleep is asking for problems.

Keeping it to partying occasions during the weekend should be fine.

Increasing your tolerance is NOT fine.

I've had a few periods that were several months long of continuous use. Kicking it was difficult and a super quick taper then gabapentin / pregabalin helped so much that I pretty much got away with minimal effort the first time that happened - the second time kinda. The third time indeed had unbearable anxiety.
I resisted increasing my tolerance - if you do not, having to take extra big doses or more frequently can make kicking it very hard and even quite dangerous.

Then without thinking about it twice, I was just done with it - happened to be a january 1st.

I started out thinking it was some loophole drug that I could just get away with abusing... it's not - I learned later how lucky I was not to have to go through heavy or dangerous shit. Do NOT abuse it please!

I've taken dosages of 5mL or more multiple times a day daily for a period of a little longer than a week with no withdrawal symptoms to speak of when I quit. I'm rather sure it takes a pretty long time to develop dependancy to the drug, but when you do I've heard its a bitch to get off of. It interacts with GABA B, whereas Benzodiazepines hit the GABA A receptor. I've heard of people using Baclofen and phenibut to get themselves of of GHB/GBL but it sounded like a real bitch of an addiction.

Thank you all for your insightful replies. Also happy to hear that you were able get off your addictions. Will definitely proceed to use with caution!