• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc On a Sale of Oops-R.I.P. How Stupid is a Deliberate Insulin OD to get Hospitalized?

I'm prescribed Gabapentin.

Lost pills are AWESOME to find. I hadn't taken benzo's in maybe 3 years (or more) and randomly found a 1mg Xanax down the side of the sofa. My tolerance to benzos was zero so I got a lovely warm buzz from just half a pill haha.
Unfortunately I definitely don't have anything lost as I tore the house apart searching the last time I was in withdrawal (like that scene in Requiem for a Dream where Jennifer Connolly throws everything all over the apartment when she's out of heroin).
Yeah, I am pretty sure I have found every lost pill in my house. I would definitely use CWE, you don't want to destroy your liver.
The gabapentin really helped me, when I wanted off morphine. Can you get Lyrica, because so many people on BL rave about how well it works for opiod withdrawal.

I have Valproate (Depakote) but not sure it would do anything for withdrawal?
I meant that if it could at least prevent you or keep you safe from having a seizure (since you were worried about seizures) while you push through the next few days being it’s an anticonvulsant. I just saw that in your other post that you got something to help you get through either way
Be safe

Definitely don't. Have you seen the movie Memento?

Say you have back pain or some serious pain or something maybe you don't have to do all that.

Definitely don't. Have you seen the movie Memento?

Say you have back pain or some serious pain or something maybe you don't have to do all that.

I have seen the movie, but don't remember much. Was there something involving Insulin?

They won't give me extra pain meds for just pain unfortunately. It's not like the U.S.

FUUUUUUUUUUCCKKK
It's a holiday on Monday.
So I can't request my meds until Tuesday. So it'll be Wednesday (possibly Thursday) when I get them.

I don't know what to do...I'm so sick of everything. I just went to do the Insulin thing (60 units instead of 7) but chickened out. Might as well wait until the lope and DHC are gone.

I have seen the movie, but don't remember much. Was there something involving Insulin?

They won't give me extra pain meds for just pain unfortunately. It's not like the U.S.
Would they give you pain meds for diabetic shock though? Idk much about it.

Don't want to ruin it, (even though it's old as fuck lol) but someone dies for this very reason.

They won't give me extra pain meds for just pain unfortunately. It's not like the U.S
It’s next to impossible to get pain meds in the US rite now, it actually seems easier over the pond with all the codeine & stuff.
At this point many doctors aren’t even giving patients pain meds after surgery. At this point they cut you open & tell you to take Tylenol (acetaminophen) or whatever you guys call it over there paracetamol.

Would they give you pain meds for diabetic shock though? Idk much about it.

Don't want to ruin it, (even though it's old as fuck lol) but someone dies for this very reason.

They wouldn't prescribe me pain meds FOR diabetic shock, but they would give me my normal meds. All your medical records can be accessed by any doctors practice/hospital (with permission from you, or a family member if you're not conscious) so they'll automatically prescribe me my normal meds and give them to me as prescribed, so while I was in the hospital I'd be getting enough to keep me well. I could even get by by only taking the codeine and pocketing the morphine in case I got released before Wednesday.

I'm just worried the paramedics wouldn't even take me to hospital. They might have some form of ultra-rapid-acting glucose to inject me with :/

It’s next to impossible to get pain meds in the US rite now, it actually seems easier over the pond with all the codeine & stuff.
At this point many doctors aren’t even giving patients pain meds after surgery. At this point they cut you open & tell you to take Tylenol (acetaminophen) or whatever you guys call it over there paracetamol.

How are the hospitals not full of people literally screaming in pain if they only give Tylenol after surgery?

Last time I had surgery was maybe 5 years ago, I had a massive infected intramuscular abscess in my thigh. Like, big enough I have a scar about 4-5 inches long from the surgery. The first thing I remember when waking up from the operation was the pain. It actually wasn't the kind of pain I expected, just a very strong BURNING sensation. But there was literally a nurse sitting by my bed ready to inject morphine into my canular (a little like a port, but into a vein and in your hand). She did slow-push it though. And while I was given 15mg, she gave me 10mg, then waiting a minute, and then 5mg, slow-pushing both. I remember thinking that was a weird amount of make-sure-I-don't-get-any-sort-of-rush considering I'd just come out of surgery and couldn't POSSIBLY be faking the pain for drugs.

Idk I just had major orthopedic surgery... They gave me a fuck lot of fentanyl and morphine afterwards... But I guess it depends where you are and what the conditions are.

How are the hospitals not full of people literally screaming in pain if they only give Tylenol after surgery?

Last time I had surgery was maybe 5 years ago, I had a massive infected intramuscular abscess in my thigh. Like, big enough I have a scar about 4-5 inches long from the surgery. The first thing I remember when waking up from the operation was the pain. It actually wasn't the kind of pain I expected, just a very strong BURNING sensation. But there was literally a nurse sitting by my bed ready to inject morphine into my canular (a little like a port, but into a vein and in your hand). She did slow-push it though. And while I was given 15mg, she gave me 10mg, then waiting a minute, and then 5mg, slow-pushing both. I remember thinking that was a weird amount of make-sure-I-don't-get-any-sort-of-rush considering I'd just come out of surgery and couldn't POSSIBLY be faking the pain for drugs.
Idk I just had major orthopedic surgery... They gave me a fuck lot of fentanyl and morphine afterwards... But I guess it depends where you are and what the conditions are.
This is just one (of many) examples of what I’m talking about. I posted this about a month ago

My homegirl just got a major surgery, got home & in excruciating pain & doctor gave her no meds to deal with post surgery pain. Next day she tried calling all day to explain that she’s in a lot of pain & if they can send her pain medicine for after care. The doctor’s office called her back & said they can’t because the doctor doesn’t believe in opioids that he said “take Tylenol”. She called back the next day because the pain is so severe & the doctor sent over hydroxyzine (allergy medicine?) ?? How the fuck are you allowed to cut someone open & refuse to treat the post surgical pain. That shits really f’d up. What the hell is going on with some of these doctors? How are you allowed to be so cruel?

—— There is so much more I could write but honestly I’m in too much pain today to even think straight. The number of pain patients that have committed suicide or finally gave up & went to the street to get something for pain & ended up loosing their lives to illicit fentanyl is frightening. It’s like no one cares what’s happening to the pain patients in the US (especially if you’re not privileged)

FUUUUUUUUUUCCKKK
It's a holiday on Monday.
So I can't request my meds until Tuesday. So it'll be Wednesday (possibly Thursday) when I get them.

I don't know what to do...I'm so sick of everything. I just went to do the Insulin thing (60 units instead of 7) but chickened out. Might as well wait until the lope and DHC are gone.
The US is now hard to get opiods, even illegally. Also please don't do anything that could cause you real harm.
I hate to admit it, but it really pains me to see the names and read the tributes to former BL members that have passed away. Please don't join them.

Last edited:
My wife has an orthopedic surgeon for her hip and he gladly gives her 100-200 oxycodones with a refill if she needs. But the doc knows my wife is not a seeker and has refused pain meds. (Plus she had her whole pelvic wall rebuild when she was younger from a car accident) He gave her 100 percs when she said she does not need any. Now her other doctors do not do that. In fact when she broke her shoulder in Feb the doc gave her 10 tramadol. He would not refill. Our GP had to give my wife 30 tramadols because she is a nice person. One doc covering for another. But I also had some leftover poppy pods for this reason. These 15 year old pods were strong as hell. My wife looked like she was in a hospital bed getting morphine. Her eyes were pinned. I like outsmarting doctors.

I am more of a wise ass. I had some dental stuff done and the one doc was going to give me 4 5 mgs hydros along with 8 pages of the dangers of opiates. I refused and said I could take care of myself. The second time one doc was really annoying me with the meds, so I said save it doc, I can go into a supermarket and get enough morphine for painkilling. I like throwing it in their face.

Can one go into a supermarket and buy some poppy seeds in the jars? One time just 4 bottles of McCormick poppy seeds was too much. Careful if you go that route. It could be too strong or too weak.

To me kratom and ibuprofen mixed is better than a lot of pain meds. Better than oxy. But I understand kratom may be hard to get in the UK.

If all else fails, make a safe space on your bed for a few days and tell yourself when you lay there all is well. Until you get your meds. The hospital trick is not a good path.

This is just one (of many) examples of what I’m talking about. I posted this about a month ago

My homegirl just got a major surgery, got home & in excruciating pain & doctor gave her no meds to deal with post surgery pain. Next day she tried calling all day to explain that she’s in a lot of pain & if they can send her pain medicine for after care. The doctor’s office called her back & said they can’t because the doctor doesn’t believe in opioids that he said “take Tylenol”. She called back the next day because the pain is so severe & the doctor sent over hydroxyzine (allergy medicine?) ?? How the fuck are you allowed to cut someone open & refuse to treat the post surgical pain. That shits really f’d up. What the hell is going on with some of these doctors? How are you allowed to be so cruel?

—— There is so much more I could write but honestly I’m in too much pain today to even think straight. The number of pain patients that have committed suicide or finally gave up & went to the street to get something for pain & ended up loosing their lives to illicit fentanyl is frightening. It’s like no one cares what’s happening to the pain patients in the US (especially if you’re not privileged)

Fucking hell. Whatever happened to "First, do no harm"?? She should sue for every reason she can think of. Medical Negligence, Pain and Suffering, Emotional Distress, Medical Malpractice.
I'd make sure I ended up owning the fucking hospital if a doctor did that to me.

A doctor once took me off my (life-saving wouldn't be an exaggeration) SSRI without telling me while I was in hospital. I'm on 16ish meds so I didn't notice the pills missing since I get so many at once anyway. But I started having panic attacks multiple times a day which I hadn't had in several years and was considering suicide. Until I spoke to a nurse who told me the doctor had taken me off them.
I was in hospital for pancreatitis, btw, and this doctor was an Endocrinologist and he said it was because "I thought you didn't seem like you needed them". FFS. He was VERY reluctant to even re-prescribe them when I was nice about it, wasn't until I had to be an asshole back and be like "If you don't re-prescribe it immediately, I will sue for everything I can. I will not sure this hospital, I will not sue the NHS, I will sue YOU!".
I got them back then :)
Ended up not suing mostly because a nurse (who was 0% to blame) asked me the next day if I was feeling better and she said "I'm so sorry about that. It never should have happened. He was totally in the wrong and it's been reported to head of department because he isn't authorised to change patients psych meds". And, honestly, that was all I wanted. An "I'm sorry" and "I'll get your Sertraline for you immediately".

The US is now hard to get opiods, even illegally. Also please don't do anything that could cause you real harm.
I hate to admit it, but it pains me to see the names and read the tributes to former BL members that have passed away. Please don't join them.

Well, on the plus side if I did die, you never know. People who I talk to a lot might wonder why I've stopped posting, but nobody I know IRL knows about BL so there'd be no one to report it :/

It's really fucked up that as pain patients we are so under-prescribed we consider - and sometimes do - very dangerous things to ourselves in order to get the meds we need and should be given in the first place.

P
Fucking hell. Whatever happened to "First, do no harm"?? She should sue for every reason she can think of. Medical Negligence, Pain and Suffering, Emotional Distress, Medical Malpractice.
I'd make sure I ended up owning the fucking hospital if a doctor did that to me.

A doctor once took me off my (life-saving wouldn't be an exaggeration) SSRI without telling me while I was in hospital. I'm on 16ish meds so I didn't notice the pills missing since I get so many at once anyway. But I started having panic attacks multiple times a day which I hadn't had in several years and was considering suicide. Until I spoke to a nurse who told me the doctor had taken me off them.
I was in hospital for pancreatitis, btw, and this doctor was an Endocrinologist and he said it was because "I thought you didn't seem like you needed them". FFS. He was VERY reluctant to even re-prescribe them when I was nice about it, wasn't until I had to be an asshole back and be like "If you don't re-prescribe it immediately, I will sue for everything I can. I will not sure this hospital, I will not sue the NHS, I will sue YOU!".
I got them back then :)
Ended up not suing mostly because a nurse (who was 0% to blame) asked me the next day if I was feeling better and she said "I'm so sorry about that. It never should have happened. He was totally in the wrong and it's been reported to head of department because he isn't authorised to change patients psych meds". And, honestly, that was all I wanted. An "I'm sorry" and "I'll get your Sertraline for you immediately".
Pancreatitus and my fucked up liver is how I got opiods. I cannot have anything with acetaminophen/ paracetamol. They have to give opiods because of my cirrhosis of the liver.

Th
Well, on the plus side if I did die, you never know. People who I talk to a lot might wonder why I've stopped posting, but nobody I know IRL knows about BL so there'd be no one to report it :/

It's really fucked up that as pain patients we are so under-prescribed we consider - and sometimes do - very dangerous things to ourselves in order to get the meds we need and should be given in the first place.
The worst is that I don't abuse my pain killers, I never run out. I quit 60mg of morphine when I felt I didn't need it.
However after 7-8 years on the same low dose of oxycodone my tolerance has gone up and because of State law I can't get more. My doctor would give a lot more, he said so, but is scared. They put doctors in jail for prescribing the same dose, after the state lowered it. This is a bipartisan effort in the US to fuck over pain patients. During the opiod pill " crisis" less than 18,000 people died in one year, I believe that includes suicides and 4-5 thousand heroin deaths and people didn't have Narcan. In 2023 over 118,000 died from illegal fentanyl. More than twice the number of US soldiers killed in Vietnam.
There answer, open up the boarder with Mexico, where most of the illegal fent comes in and make countless millions suffer. Both sides of the political isle are too blame.
I know it may sound paranoid, but something evil is going on. They are trying to kill off opiod users.

P

Pancreatitus and my fucked up liver is how I got opiods. I cannot have anything with acetaminophen/ paracetamol. They have to give opiods because of my cirrhosis of the liver.

Sorry to hear that! Somehow despite 7 years of drinking 6 bottles of wine a day plus 18 months with hep c and my liver is pretty much okay :/

Pancreatitis is how I got started, too. I was only on Sertraline (Zoloft) at the time, never any other prescription meds (except, like, antibiotics). I was both bulimic and an alcoholic and both cause pancreatitis so I pretty much had destroyed mine at the ripe old age of 21.
I was in the hospital 11 weeks and the whole 11 weeks that had me on:
Chlordiazepoxide (Librium) 50mg - when requested
Morphine 10mg IV - every four hours (six times a day)
Lorazepam (Ativan) 2.5mg - four times a day
Haloperidol 1.5mg - four times a day

So I was pretty much physically dependant on opioids and benzo's by the time I was okay to leave the hospital.

Are you diabetic? (as a result of the pancreatitis)?

Th

The worst is that I don't abuse my pain killers, I never run out. I quit 60mg of morphine when I felt I didn't need it.
However after 7-8 years on the same low dose of oxycodone my tolerance has gone up and because of State law I can't get more. My doctor would give a lot more, he said so, but is scared. They put doctors in jail for prescribing the same dose, after the state lowered it. This is a bipartisan effort in the US to fuck over pain patients. During the opiod pill " crisis" less than 18,000 people died in one year, I believe that includes suicides and 4-5 thousand heroin deaths and people didn't have Narcan. In 2023 over 118,000 died from illegal fentanyl. More than twice the number of US soldiers killed in Vietnam.
There answer, open up the boarder with Mexico, where most of the illegal fent comes in and make countless millions suffer. Both sides of the political isle are too blame.
I know it may sound paranoid, but something evil is going on. They are trying to kill off opiod users.

It's very, very hard to get opioids prescribed here now.
I recently tried to get my meds increased due to increased pain and was told that now chronic pain patients will never be prescribed opioids and those who are already prescribed them will never have them increased.
And then they act all shocked that so many people obtain opioids illegally.
I have an appointment coming up with the pain clinic who can overrule the doctors decision, but if they don't increase my morphine, they can shove it up their arse, I'm gonna buy morphine sulphate on the dark web. NOT to abuse. Just to make my pain tolerable and so that I can function.
Right now some days I can barely make it to the bathroom or the kitchen for a drink due to the level of pain. Nobody should have to live like this when they are affective medications available.

Th

@Jnowhere you don’t sound paranoid to me, I think something’s really weird (almost evil) going on with all that too.
Hugs 💜

also
@ChemicallyEnhanced I hope you stay safe & everything works out for you too sweetie. (I’m super cranky today so hope I’m not coming off that way too much). Keep us updated with everything when you can okay
Hugs 💜