• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

On a benzo taper, relapsed, really need your advice

Captain Relapse

Greenlighter
I've been on a taper but totally screwed up, in some pretty strange circumstances.

I live in a Conservative Middle Eastern country (British National) and have been tapering K-pins; 4 to 2 to 1mg daily over 6 weeks.

Been tough but just swallowed a stash of Xanax as I was fed up of feeling like shit. Took 7mg so far with my 1mg K-pin.

My question to taper relapse.

How much will this affect my taper, what to expect, will my 1mg dose (which is tough) have to be raised? Or can I continue safely as before on maybe 1.5.

In short, will this mini binge fuck up my taper majorly?

Really guys, asvice needed. Been searching like a maniac and cannot get anything of use to me online.

Looking forward to your input.

Peace guys, thanks in advance fir the help ??

Your on the right path of tapering down your dosage, keep it up and your body will adjust to the lower amount you are taking.

There are some supplements and other medications that may help. I would look into Phenibut, it is a pro-drug to GABA, and crosses the Blood-Brain Barrier a lot easier than GABA alone. Other Gabapentanoids such as Gabapentin or Pregabalin could also help with the withdrawals, but ask your General Practioner about these first as they could give you a Prescription for one of these substances.

Other than that I can only recommend you keep your dietary intake in its boundaries and good exercise as much as you can. Any further questions you would like to ask feel free too.

how long did you take benzos for and what dose?

i've been through the same process as you are going through many years ago. Its really tough so good for you for facing reality and putting a stop to this mess

to answer your question in short....yes and no. no because your receptors are so fried it may not even matter that much depending on how long youve been on kpin? but its critical that when you finish your taper then you bettter not go near benzos or you will set yourself back weeks....during your taper its not such an issue, just a mistake. for gods sakes, do not have any benzos after you have finished the taper

How much longer do you have left on this taper? and on the last 2 weeks of your taper you should be switched to valium which is weaker then kpin. (the idea is to reduce the half life).

the reality is your in for a really really rough ride once you finish your taper (depending on how long you were using benzos and frequency etc?) and there really isnt anything you can do to stop it. essentially your Central nervous system is "re-learning" how to function...and of course our CNS effects almost every single function in our body, thus expect symptoms in every part of your body and mind. You have built up a debt in your body and your body remembers how it functioned before the drugs messed it up by forcing it to become surpressed

After you have finished the taper the real withdrawal starts. Im not trying to scare you, but this is the reality of benzo dependence. you need to be tough dude, really tough. otherwise this hole you dug will get blacker. its such a problem now that they gave it a name now..."benzodiazepine withdrawal syndrome". I suggest you google Dr Ashton (i think) and her benzo research she did. you will find alot of info from that.

My heart goes out to you, i know what your going through. you better come to this battle with a strong heart

relapses happen, so don't feel too bad - sucks that your docs are so inexperienced with tolerance and wd's
have you read the Ashton Manual by chance? its an amazing guide to benzo tapering - chapter two especially so
check that link out - i hope it helps and keep at it bro

Thanks lads, appreciated.

In response, 3-4 months daily fluctuating between 2-8 mg kpins with occasional 2-12mg xanax. Some ativan in there sometimes as well.

Taper supposed to be going down to 0.5 this week (kpin) but I really feel that this is too fast, its what led me to eat two boxes of Xanax ofer 2 days (60 0.5mg tabs).

Read the Ashton, but in the Middle East they are less educated than even I am in regard to benzo withdrawal, so it's useless as they wont take this schedule into account.

I'm in such a high profile job that I am scared. I have a team and we are investing Billions into the World Cup infrastructure. I simply cannot be f#*kes up during work.

Scared guys, I am a recovering addict 3 years clean (H & C IV, morphine, benzos).

?❤️

=
Read the Ashton, but in the Middle East they are less educated than even I am in regard to benzo withdrawal, so it's useless as they wont take this schedule into account.

I'm in such a high profile job that I am scared. I have a team and we are investing Billions into the World Cup infrastructure. I simply cannot be f#*kes up during work.

so what? can't you just stick to your own schedule? do you have enough benzos to do so or are you being given the tablets by an Arabian doctor?

don't be scared man you just had a wobble in what sounds like a pretty grueling taper so dinnae beat yourself up o'er it.
and ha does your team know about your previous, habits?

mibbe theyyre noit hallal,,,thats why they wont porescribe anything,,,,,,,,sorrreeee,,,,lol

Lol they will prescribe, but my "good" doctor is tapering too fast, my orivate doctor is happy to give me 80 xanax and 2-3 boxes of ativan a month.

I'm sticking with the "good" doctor, hopefully my appointment with her on Monday we can switch to valium and drop 10-5-2 over a month or so... I dunno if that will work.

Can maybe get lyrica to help also? No idea if that will ease the process or not...

Cheers for the help guys ??

Wow, your other doctor was doing you a disservice giving you all that Xanax and Ativan. How are you feeling now? Make it a point not to binge again because it will set you back. Hang in there! Lyrica would help with this but gabapentin works too and is less expensive.