• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc OMG Loperamide withdrawal is fucking DANGEROUS

ChemicallyEnhanced

Bluelighter
So I'd been taking a LOT of it and stopped for about 4 days. I just spent the past 30 hours in and out of consciousness in bed, first with the most horrific diarrhoea I have ever had and then just passing huge amounts of bloody water. The cramps were aching worse than any I'd had and fuck me the pain was awful.
I've never had such a hellish experience.

Has this happened to anyone else?

My dad now bought me a few and I've been taking them as directed and I've just managed to sit on the sofa instead of lying in bed but this is so torturous and UNEXPECTED.

Sounds like a case of peripheral opioid dependence, Loperamide is, after all, just another mu-opioid agonist when it comes to acting on the gut and slowing transit down. Continuous use of high doses will stop your bowels right up, but upon discontinuation, the brakes are removed and your bowel hits the redline.

Consider a taper. (First time I've ever reccomended a loperamide taper...) Also, start consuming more roughage and fiber. And if you're losing fluids and electrolyties, a supply of PEdialyte/Powerade/Gatorade on hand would also help, to avoid dehydration.

If you are losing massive amounts of fluids, or large amounts of blood are venting out your butt, you should probably see the urgent care or ER. Dehydration is pretty severe, as is blood loss. If you find yourself fainting easily, quickly fatigued, and unable to contain fluids I'd call in the doctors because you're on the endge of trouble.

Definitely 100% get some electrolytes into you! If you’ve full blown diarrhoea you are gonna be super depleted. If you’re having tachycardia and feeling faint as was said above definitely please see a doctor. Dehydration is a killer.

Also second the taper.

Sounds awful dude, I hope you’re feeling better soon.

Sounds like a case of peripheral opioid dependence, Loperamide is, after all, just another mu-opioid agonist when it comes to acting on the gut and slowing transit down. Continuous use of high doses will stop your bowels right up, but upon discontinuation, the brakes are removed and your bowel hits the redline.

Consider a taper. (First time I've ever reccomended a loperamide taper...) Also, start consuming more roughage and fiber. And if you're losing fluids and electrolyties, a supply of PEdialyte/Powerade/Gatorade on hand would also help, to avoid dehydration.

If you are losing massive amounts of fluids, or large amounts of blood are venting out your butt, you should probably see the urgent care or ER. Dehydration is pretty severe, as is blood loss. If you find yourself fainting easily, quickly fatigued, and unable to contain fluids I'd call in the doctors because you're on the endge of trouble.

Sorry, I should have added: I am opioid dependant anyway. I was taking the loperamide FOR opioid withdrawal. I've had opioid withdrawal many times but the agony and extent of the bowel problems have never even touched on this.

Boost or ensure.
Good shit, mate. Get them nutrients and clear liquids in ya.
best
Ptah
I've had opioid withdrawal many times but the agony and extent of the bowel problems have never even touched on this.
Lopermide is shit I would rather kick H off the dick than get on that. Sorry but there are other options that are safer and more effective.
One love
you should probably see the urgent care or ER
On point. Thanks as I missed the bleeding. Hoping its from over-wiping but do know lope is relatively dangerous option for opioid WDs.
Taper as suggested next time maybe. Not talkin down or anything resembling... but sounds like you are killing yourself to live. Please be easier on your body... it can only take so much doesnt matter what one is programed to believe.
Peace
Ptah

Last edited:

That's a very accurate description of my condition. I've been slowly improving over the past few hours so I'm gonna monitor how things are for a while longer.

Boost or ensure.
best
Ptah

Lopermide is shit I would rather kick H off the dick than get on that. Sorry but there are other options that are safer and more effective.
One love

On point. Thanks as I missed the bleeding. Hoping its from over-wiping but do know lope is relatively dangerous option for opioid WDs.
Taper as suggested next time maybe. Not talkin down or anything resembling... but sounds like you are killing yourself to live. Please be easier on your body... it can only take so much doesnt matter what one is programed to believe.
Peace
Ptah

No, by bleeding I mean LARGE amounts of blood in the toilet.

Loperamide is an opioid and high doses allow it to cross the blood-Brian-Barrier so it prevents almost all opioid withdrawal (and it can even get you high, though that wasn't my aim)

Yeah, now i know what you mean, but i think DXM would be much cheaper and better option + normal dose of Loperamide just to stop diarrhea

I'm never doing it again. Never ever. Also, never eating again.
I've lost 9lbs in one day...that's BAD, right? I think I'm slowly keeping fluids, though. My mums made me a couple of cups of tea and they seem to be staying in.

Boost or ensure.
best
Ptah
This shit works. Give it a try. It isnt cheap but IMO worth it. It will start to get you ready to eat again.
I get it. I had to basically wear a pad of toilet paper between my ass cheeks to keep from bleeding like a womans padding.
It was from rough wiping and I rid it with wet wipes.
Yeah the toile fills with blood as the blood has nowhere to go but out or in. Brother I been thee without the lopermide.
Maybe there is and best bet is to see a doc as chef said; I did. They sent me to see another shrink and they thought I was drug seeking. I told them I just wanted to stop the madness (I was going through some rough times from all sides) and wanted something to help me sleep and to increase my appetite. Cant remember what the pills were but they worked and I went back to work. They only gave me this when I told them if i wanted narcotics they are freely available onda cona. Told them I had some they just didnt do what i needed. That tripped them out.

Last edited:
I'm never doing it again. Never ever. Also, never eating again.
I've lost 9lbs in one day...that's BAD, right? I think I'm slowly keeping fluids, though. My mums made me a couple of cups of tea and they seem to be staying in.
That 9lbs is water weight and it’s bad to lose that much fluid in one day. Keep up with drinking something to replace it and definitely get some electrolytes into you.

It kind of goes without saying, this is not something to just ignore, A rectal bleed can be caused by overexertion in the case of extreme diarreah or constipation. It can also be caused by overly vigorous wiping or low-quality toilet tissue. If you're losing more than a tablespoon or two of blood, something is VERY wrong in your lower GI tract - best case it's a simple case of haemorrhoids. Worst case you've got a performation somewhere in the colon, rectum, and/or distal part of the large intestine. To differentiate the two, you're gonna want to inspect your butthole somehow to, uhm. assess the damage. A very gentle pass using TP, applied with a blotting motion, can be useful to localize the bleeding if it's haemorrhoids - they are usually external, and are not super concerning, they should heal if kept clean. However if your exterior rear end is free of injury, by process of elimination, the blood is coming from inside your ass. It could be at your sphincter, or worse, deeper in the bowel. That, to me, sounds like an urgent care/ER trip.

I am at a loss for what you can do to treat it yourself. For an internal bleed, aside from staying in a reclined, comfortable seat, being very gentle when wiping (maybe use wet wipes or a bidet), and watchful waiting, there's not much you can do.

External bleeds can be treated by gently cleaning the damaged area wirh soap and warm water. Preparation H (which contains phenylephrine, of all things!) will act as a vasoconstrictor and topical analgesic, reducing blood flow and irritation. Loose fitting underwear also is helpful. If circumstances warrant you could even go commando and let it all hang free.

Rectal bleeding with symptoms of weakness, dizziness, or fainting is associated with at least 1 liter (2 pints) of blood lost is a medical emergency. Seek medical care immediately. Sudden loss of 2 liters (4.2 pints) or more of blood can be dangerous, if not fatal.

I dont think I need to say this, but, just in case, refrain from cramming horse dildos into your butthole if you're experiencing bleeding or discomfort. It's also not very good to have liquid feces near open, bleeding, cuts. I hope I don't need to explain why.

Last edited:
As for diet, staple foods for a weak gut are cereal, bananas, rice, applesauce, toast, tea, milk, and yogurt. (I would also add in eggs.) All easy-to-digest and yet still nutritive enough to keep you from starving.

Thanks to all of you for your quick replies and concern :) It's really appreciated.
I just urinated for the first time in 2 days (all water came out rectally before this) and it was actually clear so I'm not disgustingly dehydrated like I was yesterday and last night.
I don't think it counts as a clear liquid, but I've had some orange juice. It's the only fruit juice we have plus I need the glucose after nothing but water for a couple days.

How long do you guys think I should wait before eating? I'm still too scared because the level of pain was ridiculous. I fractured my spine and broke 6 ribs once and this is fucking WORSE.

Thanks to all of you for your quick replies and concern :) It's really appreciated.
I just urinated for the first time in 2 days (all water came out rectally before this) and it was actually clear so I'm not disgustingly dehydrated like I was yesterday and last night.
I don't think it counts as a clear liquid, but I've had some orange juice. It's the only fruit juice we have plus I need the glucose after nothing but water for a couple days.

How long do you guys think I should wait before eating? I'm still too scared because the level of pain was ridiculous. I fractured my spine and broke 6 ribs once and this is fucking WORSE.
Give it a good 24 hours then start with the foods sekio suggested. You want to be eating bland easily digested food. If you can get an electrolyte drink please do. Dioralyte is what it’s called where I live. You need to replace the lost electrolytes as well as hydrate. Don’t be over hydrating though as that will flush the electrolytes out. People have a tendency to drink as much as possible and they end up worse off. Make sure you’re getting a good 2.5L though. Your body really will be needing it.

Give it a good 24 hours then start with the foods sekio suggested. You want to be eating bland easily digested food. If you can get an electrolyte drink please do. Dioralyte is what it’s called where I live. You need to replace the lost electrolytes as well as hydrate. Don’t be over hydrating though as that will flush the electrolytes out. People have a tendency to drink as much as possible and they end up worse off. Make sure you’re getting a good 2.5L though. Your body really will be needing it.

We actually have Dioralyte :)