• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc Omeprazole - How Does it affect the BA of Other Meds?

ChemicallyEnhanced

Bluelighter
Does anyone know how taking Omeprazole (and the other drugs in it's family, but I'm asking about Omeprazole specifically here) affects the AB/Absorption/Effects of other meds?

Specifically, I'm wanting to know what effect it will have on Dihydrocodeine and Gabapentin??

Does anyone know how taking Omeprazole (and the other drugs in it's family, but I'm asking about Omeprazole specifically here) affects the AB/Absorption/Effects of other meds?

Specifically, I'm wanting to know what effect it will have on Dihydrocodeine and Gabapentin??
A website I've used to explore drug interactions is drugs.com. Originally I wondered about a prescription I'll be on for life, a thyroid medicine, but I also asked about my scripts and methamphetamine. (I smoke a lot of meth). At that website you type in the names of the drugs in question, and it lists the interactions known. I've asked my pharmacist about the information from drugs.com and so far it checks out ok. (If anyone has input on drugs.com, positive or negative, please let me know).
Peace.

I would imagine it would lower the BA of Gabapentin due to the increase in stomach pH from omeprazole. If I remember correctly, Gabapentin is absorbed more efficiently when your stomach is more acidic. Most gaba guides that you find online recommend eating something high in fats as well as drinking something like a soda to drop that stomach pH. I haven’t had my coffee yet so I may have this backwards, so lemme dig for some quantitative data to back this up.

Not sure on relationship between pH and DHC or opioids in general, would love to hear more from someone that knows.

I would imagine it would lower the BA of Gabapentin due to the increase in stomach pH from omeprazole. If I remember correctly, Gabapentin is absorbed more efficiently when your stomach is more acidic. Most gaba guides that you find online recommend eating something high in fats as well as drinking something like a soda to drop that stomach pH. I haven’t had my coffee yet so I may have this backwards, so lemme dig for some quantitative data to back this up.

Not sure on relationship between pH and DHC or opioids in general, would love to hear more from someone that knows.

I drink Coke Zero literally all day lol, so glad to hear that would help. I also take Naproxen with it.