• ✍️ WORDS ✍️

Welcome Guest!

• Words Moderators: Mysterier

Old Man Burning.

mona

Bluelight Crew
The sun warm's the right side of his body. His skin burning, bubbling, blistering. He doesn't care. It's leathery texture and wrinkled appearance has seen enough sweltering days to know that it won't miraculaously return to it's more youthful days. Youth and beauty don't mean much to him anymore. He just wants to bask in the warmth. To wear a hat to shade is struggling eyes.
The seat of his pants are starting to stick to his skin, he would try to move only he's worried that he might leave a sweaty reminder of where he once sat. Summer makes no excuses for those who are prone to sweating. Although, The sun. Let's him know he's alive, he's there.
The left side of his body feels the welcoming cool breeze escaping from the darkness of the trees behind him...although the sun still burns so strongly, it is 6pm and the day is drawing to a close. Clouds are brewing overhead and he can smell rain in the air...but the heat from the sun is still so overbearing that his senses are slightly confused. The temptation of rain...standing naked and letting each drop slowly run down his overheated skin, watching the steam rise and disappear into the fading light. He thinks back to a day when he would stand so...in the street. Not a second thought at baring his body to the heaven's...soaking himself in nature's shower. Closing his eyes...listening to the drumming of the rain upon the corrugated iron roof under which he once resided. He can still hear it now.
The grumbling of an approaching bus awakens his dream, frocing him back to reality. The heat knocks the wind out of his belly...
He slowly climbs the stairs of the bus, pays for his ticket and takes a seat. He stares back at the chair on which he sat... a sweaty reminder now the only proof of his time in the sun. It slowly evaporates...disppears.
Was he ever there?

That was really good, alot of imagery...when you read it you actually felt you were there..keep it coming.
------------------
Meet every situation head on.

Nice! I get a very clear idea of what this person is feeling.
PLUR
smile.gif

The most sensational pieces of writing for me, is when I walk away, and can't confuse myself horribly. Was that a fleeting glimpse of a movie I saw? Was that a paper-cutting from some indie-magazine? Or were there really after all words, painted so beautifully!
Mona..that's talent and skill
smile.gif
Thank you for writing that.
Loves,
-Amina
------------------
Contingency Account for WritnPage during software glitches.