• DPMC Moderators: thegreenhand | tryptakid
  • Drug Policy & Media Coverage Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Drug Busts Megathread Video Megathread

Oklahoma: execution goes wrong

Seriously, why would they stop it..? He was probably in horrible pain the entire time.

Kind of makes me wonder why they don't just use a nebulizer and deliver the drugs through a vaporized solution.

It's almost as horrible as the women he shot with a shotgun then buried alive might have felt. But not quite.

Not really, at all. The guillotine is how I would want to die.

How is getting your head chopped off barbarically with the chance of still being conscious post-decapitation more humane than getting killed via bullet wound?

How is getting your head chopped off barbarically with the chance of still being conscious post-decapitation more humane than getting killed via bullet wound?

If the blade is heavy enough, there is really no way it wouldn't kill you. You might be alive for a few seconds afterwards, but the spinal cord is cut directly so all communication with the body is gone.

It can take over a minute for your heart to stop beating after a firing squad, I don't see how it is any less "barbaric" or "horrifying" to have several lead objects rammed through your chest at high speeds.

like i said, for me the issue is the possibility of being severely injured but not killed. with a firing squad that is highly unlikely since at least one of them will hit the target.

...uh, a guillotine will not miss. There's a SLIGHT chance it may not pass through the neck, but it would still sever the spinal cord. The blades typically weigh 90 pounds, that's plenty, unless you have an extremely thick neck (even then, it's going to do it's job.)

Anyway you think about it, there can be complications. That could be the bullet passing through a lung instead of your heart, or a blown IV line... shit happens.

It is so easy to create a drug overdose. I've fell out many times banging too much dope! Same in surgeries I've had, big enough doses and you're...just not there anymore! Crikey.

...uh, a guillotine will not miss. There's a SLIGHT chance it may not pass through the neck, but it would still sever the spinal cord. The blades typically weigh 90 pounds, that's plenty, unless you have an extremely thick neck (even then, it's going to do it's job.)

What if I have no neck:/

^Only rugby players have no neck.

Jeez America - get it right; China, North Korea, Afghanistan, United Arab Emirates, India - these countries know how to stage an execution.

Amateurs.
I hope they swabbed the injection site first for that guilt-cleansing medically-sound Christian form of killing. Anything else would just be wrong.

Terrible that they botched his execution.
If you are going to kill someone, at least do it right.

If I had to choose how to die, I might go with this