• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Relapse Okay, finally I relapsed

Nicocastillo7

Bluelighter
Well, as the title says, I had a relapse, it really wasn't that much, I had a habit of many drugs before all this, but I was taking 750mg of tramadol every day, as many know, today was 2 weeks since I stopped in cold turkey and horrible withdrawal, I only took tramadol again, but a dose of 225 (a very low dose) and I feel very good, relaxed and comfortable, I hate that this has happened, I feel that it failed, that I failed my family but above all I failed myself, do you think I will have serious withdrawals tomorrow? I do not plan to take it again, because I really feel guilty even though I feel well high at the moment, I suppose it will be easier when the quarantine ends and I can be with my friends

Last edited:
Relapses happen but it’s how you feel about it and what you end up doing that matters. I have had quite a few relapses on the drugs I try to avoid (heroin and cocaine mainly) but each one was filled with a lot of guilt and more n more time between each one.

Today is today, tomorrow is a new one.

This is also why I just stopped keeping track of my clean days. It can give one a sense of accomplishment but it can also make you feel like shit that your back to day 1. I think it’s just better to look at it as a day to day journey. Someone with 10yrs clean can just as easily relapse as someone with 1 anyways.

-GC

Relapses happen but it’s how you feel about it and what you end up doing that matters. I have had quite a few relapses on the drugs I try to avoid (heroin and cocaine mainly) but each one was filled with a lot of guilt and more n more time between each one.

Today is today, tomorrow is a new one.

This is also why I just stopped keeping track of my clean days. It can give one a sense of accomplishment but it can also make you feel like shit that your back to day 1. I think it’s just better to look at it as a day to day journey. Someone with 10yrs clean can just as easily relapse as someone with 1 anyways.

-GC

I think I will stop counting the days this way, in a way it makes me more anxious, I guess I should leave it like that .. I will try to stay sober, the damn pills feel great .. I hate that they bring so much pain between them