• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Ok so i messed up. With Catapres (Bloodpressure meds)? How to Counter?

TheOriginalChair

Bluelighter
Already so i took the covid boost against my will because of my work... it hit m like a mothefucker. its been 2 days ive been in bed, so out of 30... i have like 15 left in 2 days... mind you.. i take em at night 2 .2 for sleep... but i woke up at 4am swetting balls my head hurts took two more...... nothing happend for 4 hours... 2 more went to sleep...mind you iim a chronic weed head i had nothing....but this and panadol.. psht... so...i woke up first day at 4am took 2.... during the day took 1... at night took 3 again... didnt sleep till 4am and took 2-3 of them there.... thats two days of abause.... so there you go...thats how fast i can down 15 pills mate.... in the constant hurt.... MY FATHER SAW THEM AND GOT CONCERNED BUT MAN IT WAS THE ONLY THING THAT WAS HELPING ME SLEEP....now i feel like my left ear is ringing...im lucky enough to have a good friend to brind weed over, talki to my parents about a a D8 syrup for sleep because after this episode i really dont wanna have to repeat it. sorry foy my english im from a Beautiful Island but US owned LOL.... MUCH LOVE CANT WAIT FOR RECOMENDATIONS? (should i take a bump of cola to contrarest, the fatigue and ear thing? keep sleeping? cause remember i also have the vaccine boost hitting me hard!! its been 3 days! i want to celebrate with fam and just cant its horrible.... let so many people down...now my dad things im hooked ok BloodPressure meds LMFAO...it was a 2 night episode.... im 30 years old man, i moved back for the holidays...but always had a polydrug addiction and they have always loved me and helped me out... i bout some coke and gatorade for electrolytes...havent taken a blood med since the mornig so i know they wont be in interaction... im feeliin better from the vaccine, what do you guys again recomend? MUCH LOVE AND THANKS>>>Always have love bluelight

I take Clonidine/Catapres occasionally for sleep as well, and I've never taken more than 0.2mg (2 pills for me) so personal experience will not be much help here.\

But generally the rule goes, if you've taken too many drugs then in most cases, more drugs probably is not the answer. How many ug is each pill? 50ug/0.05mg? 100ug/0.1mg?

(should i take a bump of cola to contrarest, the fatigue and ear thing? keep sleeping?
Definitely not. With how much you took, you may be experiencing rebound hypertension. Just try to sleep it off, eat, drink lots of water, and wait this out.

Go to a hospital if things get any worse.

I don't think you'd lose your prescription over this since it's not a drug of abuse. Just say you accidentally took a few more than you meant to while you were in bed recovering from the vaccine and feeling out of it. And please do not go overboard with the Clonidine again. Blood pressure meds are not ones to be fucking around with like this.

i did 15 .2 man.... od is like 2.5mgs//// i took em through out time....not all at once.... i did a few bumps of the cola since my eyesight was seeing dots.... im home alone everyone went to fetstives.... i got cannabis and like 2 bumps life of primo shit.... i left it alone since it gave me paranoia... i wont.... you can actually die rom these meds no? like im on 8mg suboxone.... since i eff'ed up ewith the meds i did not take the suboxone since i know it will lower my pressure even more...ive taken salty foods, gatorarade and the occasionall blunt....but if i feel dizzy i turn it off and im used to roll 2gs ina blunt mate.... THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR YOUR RESPONSE ARRALL

You might considering going to the hospital, man. That is a big dose and you're right, you can die from it, from low blood pressure. The fact you're seeing dots in your vision is concerning. When did you take the last one? How long has it been?

Better safe than sorry...

Don't take any more coke, it's a bad idea to mix uppers with blood pressure medication. At least that's what I've always been told, that it can cause damage to the heart. Though the logic does make sense, trying to counteract it some.

Do you have health insurance? If you do, just go, it's not worth the risk of possibly just falling out when no one is home. If not, I can understand the hesitation, but it still isn't worth dying over. I mean, you probably won't die, but it's possible. You've taken 3mg of clonidine now. How long ago was your first dose?

Hey buddy. I have to agree with many of what @Xorkoth had to say. Like pretty much everything on earth, too much of this can kill you. They lower blood pressure and if it gets too low, you're going to have a hypotensive crisis and at that point, you're not going to be able to walk or speak. I've taken too much Clonidine (Catapres) before myself, so I know what you're going through. I was on a 14 hours flight from NYC to Turkey and I was already withdrawing when I got to the airport. Sitting between two people, squirming, sick, anxious for 14 hours sucked and all I had was Clonidine.

I kept taking more hoping it would bring me some sleep, but it didn't. It only started to make me feel really fucked up in a variety of ways. Like you, I began to see the spots. They're like a blue/purple/red haze in your field of vision. When I got up from the flight, I almost fell down from the orthostatic hypotension. As I walked to my next flight, I knew I'd fucked up cause I had a headache, I could barely see and my heart didn't feel right.

It's something you've gotta be careful about. Just remember that there's no relief in taking larger dosages than what is appropriate. Clonidine in moderate dosages definitely helps with Opioid withdrawal, but like a lot of things, the benefit doesn't increase in a linear fashion as dosage increases. You shouldn't have to go to the hospital if you're awake and alert. It sounds like you have people close to you in your life as well, so if something does go wrong, they can help you.

But I think you're fine. Just take this as a lesson.

I take Clonidine/Catapres occasionally for sleep as well, and I've never taken more than 0.2mg (2 pills for me) so personal experience will not be much help here.\

But generally the rule goes, if you've taken too many drugs then in most cases, more drugs probably is not the answer. How many ug is each pill? 50ug/0.05mg? 100ug/0.1mg?

Definitely not. With how much you took, you may be experiencing rebound hypertension. Just try to sleep it off, eat, drink lots of water, and wait this out.

Go to a hospital if things get any worse.

I don't think you'd lose your prescription over this since it's not a drug of abuse. Just say you accidentally took a few more than you meant to while you were in bed recovering from the vaccine and feeling out of it. And please do not go overboard with the Clonidine again. Blood pressure meds are not ones to be fucking around with like this.
Rebound hypertension is risky, please this is serious and we don't play with this. He should call a doctor and get more clonidine, it's not hard, in my country it is OTC. Another thing is, dinking too much water increases blood pressure, so most of antihypertensives are in fact diuretics.
And for curiosity, I take those too, and have been without when I was taking huge amounts at a time, it was really not pleasant nor safe experience.

I have prescribed Catapres that I don’t take very often - my experience is that it greatly potentiates anything else that affects lowering blood pressure. That includes benzos and antipsychotics especially Seroquel. I’ve posted elsewhere my near death experience combining catapres, seroquel and meth. It seems like a benign drug but it’s actually pretty powerful and worthy of some respect I think.

I’m glad the guy is alright.

OMG GUYS IT WAS A HORRIBLE NIGHT!!! i had to keep doing coke to stay alive, like a horror movie, i havent touched another one since...

Today, glad being fuckin alive.. i knew how irresposible i was, i took all those pills plus i took like 6mg xanax and some H....i looked around for the xanax and couldnt find em so high asf took em.... when i was trying to sleep it off thought clonodine and all that shit was gone....
something HORRIBLE started to happen
my body starting shaked/juked like electricity and feels like sleep paralysis, but my side neck hurt and my breath stopped, i thought i was falling asleep but my body was going num b and it started to hurt i wasnt takin in oxygen.... i couldn't move any muscle in my face, not even for n scream for help if i wanted too and that was every time i closed my eyes tryin sleep it off! fucking long ass night...as soon as i could break free and gasp for air i crawled to my bed stand i HAD to do a line and it was the only thing allowing me to feel my breathing coming back man.... my nose opened up and felt better for atleast 2-3 hours... fuckin havnt slept since.. im sorry for not responding,i know how irresposinble this was.. i took off notifications from my email...ive had many OD's with fent and but this was crazy i saw a flash and my body juked and i couldnt move nor breathe for a minute.... i took the last one Xork cause it was i saw my veins popping and was dizzy but was so messed up that i just took it since for a second i had hypertension....

I'm Really lucky to be alive cause of cocaine.... lol i know its not a laughin matter but im high asf on edibles...
Ive been smoking bud ever since and had a friend bring me two 300mg Edibles to eat.....

tonight ill sleep in peace, wont need to take a clonidine since i got the edible.. i appreciate everyone who wrote, i was feeling really ill cause of covid fucking 3rd booster shot and thats why i started popping those pills like m&m..... I learned my lesson for sure...

i completely forgot i wrote you.. man those Pills messed me up good.. i was going through a rough patch an also didnt have any $$ so i couldnt get benzos nor nothing and ive been super anxious and feeling super sicky body hurting from the booster shot and also i think my suboxones when were in pill form recently i havnt been able to absorb them well so i think ive been withdrawling..
He hit me up in PMs yesterday and today thanking me for responding and asking about some other stuff. Fortunately, the dude seems to be doing okay.

i completely forgot i wrote you.. man those Pills messed me up good.. i was going through a rough patch an also didnt have any $$ so i couldnt get benzos nor nothing and ive been super anxious and feeling super sicky body hurting from the booster shot and also i think my suboxones when were in pill form recently i havnt been able to absorb them well so i think ive been withdrawling..
Glad to hear back from you. The experience you described is very similar to what I went through taking seroquel and catapres while peaking on meth to try and end a binge.

It’s interesting you think the coke helped. I thought all those symptoms were from a hypotensive crisis caused by catapres/seroquel causing a super fast drop in high blood pressure when the high bllod pressure was caused by stims.

Glad to hear back from you. The experience you described is very similar to what I went through taking seroquel and catapres while peaking on meth to try and end a binge.

It’s interesting you think the coke helped. I thought all those symptoms were from a hypotensive crisis caused by catapres/seroquel causing a super fast drop in high blood pressure when the high bllod pressure was caused by stims.

Thanks for bein there to lookout and it gives me a piece of mind knowing thats what happens hahaha, i did meth a couple of times before i went to my detox and never enjoyed it, didnt get euphoria, only felt really sober and a little speedy*

i used to enjoy.. I.V Coke a LOT but it has to be really clean stuff for me to consider now.

For record main risk combining stims and clonidine is that low blood pressure can speed the heart up (a compensentory response). Combining with coke will be a double hit. However if heart rate is ok than it will probably help with blood pressue.

Adrenergic agents are typically given in hospitals to reverse clonidine type drugs (though you are monitored in a hospital of course).