• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants Oily hair/skin caused by meth?

Oleander

Bluelighter
I use crystal (though very cut because I can’t find anyone else atm) snorted daily usually about half a g or less. I’ve noticed lately, like I’m the past week, my hair has been more oily than usual as with my skin. I do have oily hair and skin naturally but this is a definite increase. I wash my hair either everyday or every other day to not damage it and wash my face twice a day. Is the meth causing this? I can’t remember this ever happening before when using so idk if it’s not related or related to whatever I’ve been getting from this guy. Let me know if this has happened to you and what you’ve done to help it. Thanks!

Yep. Common side-effect. No way to avoid it while using, just maintaining it. It won't matter how good or bad the batch is.

Your sweat will spread your body's oil, and basically make an oil soup on top of your head lol

Keep up with the hygiene, try to make healthy food choices, hydrate, and try getting more blood flow to your skin to avoid worse problems than being oily.

I thought stimulants and methamphentamine above all caused dry skin so I find rare that your hair or skin is more oily.
I have mostly dry skin/hair and I notice that when I eat greasier things (burgers, pizza, chocolate, French fries) my skin the next day is definitely more oily. Also, when I wash my hair a lot, I notice that it gets dirty faster. Perhaps that is also a factor.

I thought stimulants and methamphentamine above all caused dry skin so I find rare that your hair or skin is more oily.
I have mostly dry skin/hair and I notice that when I eat greasier things (burgers, pizza, chocolate, French fries) my skin the next day is definitely more oily. Also, when I wash my hair a lot, I notice that it gets dirty faster. Perhaps that is also a factor.
Depending on the dose, stimulants can cause your blood vessels to constrict and draw blood from limbs into vital organs which leads to poor blood flow to the skin's surface but overall stimulates CNS leading to your heart over clocking, raising blood pressure and body temperature. Sometimes you might feel cold but your core body temp is overheating which can damage your organs.

Just gotta have either an actual or mental checklist of self-care if you're gonna use.

Just gotta have either an actual or mental checklist of self-care if you're gonna use.

On point. This could be expanded beyond drugs, too.

I'm quite good with hygiene but shit man after a week of meth I smell like a dead baby skunk in a dumpster surrounded by gas clouds of methane and sulfur.... because I don't take care of myself when binging, don't shower, don't do anything except do meth and abuse my penis like it owes me more meth.

One of the hallmarks of a functioning addict is hygiene and self care.

I'm quite good with hygiene but shit man after a week of meth I smell like a dead baby skunk in a dumpster surrounded by gas clouds of methane and sulfur.... because I don't take care of myself when binging, don't shower, don't do anything except do meth and abuse my penis like it owes me more meth.

Lol been there before. Reminds me of the animals that die of exhaustion from sitting on the pleasure button.

I do notice way more acne when I use stimulants.. I usually have really clear skin. I think it's just easy to not care about taking proper care of yourself (eating and sleeping) on stimulants and that adds up. They do dry out your skin so ironic that one would be greasier. I'm not sure where the answer is to this but I don't think this is something you've made up.

Washing your face twice a day is going to cause it to become oilier. Keep it to once a day or once every other day.

Washing your face twice a day is going to cause it to become oilier. Keep it to once a day or once every other day.

Oh yeah this can also be a factor. But, I understand that people with oily skin should wash their face twice a day (when waking up and before going to bed). Only people with dry skin should do it once a day.
How old are you @Oleander? When I was a teenager/kid had a very oily face with pimples and it was just a hormonal issue of age. Over the years, my skin is now very dry.

Oh yeah this can also be a factor. But, I understand that people with oily skin should wash their face twice a day (when waking up and before going to bed). Only people with dry skin should do it once a day.
How old are you @Oleander? When I was a teenager/kid had a very oily face with pimples and it was just a hormonal issue of age. Over the years, my skin is now very dry.

Nah I think he has a point. Our faces are not biologically designed to be washed. We are not biologically designed to take showers with soap.

When you remove the natural oils on your skin your body reacts by creating MORE oil!!!! this is basic science!

soap on your skin fucks up your body's natural way of hygiene!

I am one of the few people who has had the experience of not taking a real shower for over 3+ months. I was in a hardcore "wilderness" rehab program during that time. After about 2 weeks of not showering you become used to your own smell and it becomes natural. Just like our ancestors. Showers are essentailly a 20th century invention. It's not natural. We are supposed to smell, a little bit.

Nah I think he has a point. Our faces are not biologically designed to be washed. We are not biologically designed to take showers with soap.

When you remove the natural oils on your skin your body reacts by creating MORE oil!!!! this is basic science!

soap on your skin fucks up your body's natural way of hygiene!

I am one of the few people who has had the experience of not taking a real shower for over 3+ months. I was in a hardcore "wilderness" rehab program during that time. After about 2 weeks of not showering you become used to your own smell and it becomes natural. Just like our ancestors. Showers are essentailly a 20th century invention. It's not natural. We are supposed to smell, a little bit.

I don't know bro, since I shower and wash my face every day with warm water and gentle cleanser, my face no longer has a single pimple. Before that, I had something like a seborrheic dermatitis with small pustules.

I don't know bro, since I shower and wash my face every day with warm water and gentle cleanser, my face no longer has a single pimple. Before that, I had something like a seborrheic dermatitis with small pustules.

gentle cleanser.... after using meth.... bro..... come on

you need some hardcore bar soap

you just fucked your brain with one of the strongest drugs known to man and you're using "every day gentle cleanser"??????????

come on bruh, you need some hardcore shit to wash off all those hard drugs

stop kidding youself

gentle cleanser.... after using meth.... bro..... come on

you need some hardcore bar soap

you just fucked your brain with one of the strongest drugs known to man and you're using "every day gentle cleanser"??????????

come on bruh, you need some hardcore shit to wash off all those hard drugs

stop kidding youself

No bro, I am not OP and have never tried meth but I will take what you say to be true. I don't think someone who takes meth is very concerned about the health of their skin haha.

I always found that meth dried out my face but left me somewhat greasy or oily everywhere else. However, given the amount of lube flying around in my meth binges it was a bit hard to tell what I was generating and what came out of a tube.

Hey I’m 29. I think it’s the thing with the body heating up and it causes this. I have normal/oily skin but oily hair. Thanks for all the responses. I was just curios if anyone else noticed this or it is me tripping lol

No bro, I am not OP and have never tried meth but I will take what you say to be true. I don't think someone who takes meth is very concerned about the health of their skin haha.
Lol I do care about my skin and use meth but I understand the contradiction. Even though I use I still do the best with my skin and hair and try to repair my skin from the meth. It really does a number sometimes