• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Officially starting Rehab in 10 days...

Methacodone

Bluelighter
Ok, I've been on Methadone for 4½ years..
My current dose is 120mg... Here's the problem, I need to be 35mg or lower by the 30th of this month to enter treatment.
I'm going to do it.. no matter what. My dad has already paid the facility $120,000... for 3 months. $40,000 per month.
My dad is so awesome that if I need to be in there longer, he'll pay for as long as I want too.

SO. I'll have 8 days to go from 120mg to 35mg..
That's going down 15mg a day, which will get me to actually 30mg.

The good news is, I bought a 1/4oz (7 grams) of Black tar Heroin to hold me til I enter treatment.

So, I want to know the people who have gone through Detox/Rehab..
What can I expect?
I'd apperciate any/all the Info I can get.

I'm going to rehab for,

_Methadone
_Heroin
_Benzodiazepines.. Mostly Clonazepam.

So yeah, that's alot.

I have a friend who went to rehab for Heroin and Alprazolam (Xanax).
But he went to a low class Rehab.. just $3,000 a month.
He stayed in there for a month/½.. which his total bill was $4,500.

He said this is what I got Medications wise,

_Buprenorphine (for opiate WD/detox)
_Clonodine (for WD and high blood pressure)
_Phenobarbital (for seixure prevention (from the Xanax)
_Diazepam (for benzo WD/detox)
_Promethazine (for nausea/vomiting)
_Loperamide (for Diareah)
_Trazodone (for insomnia)

Those actually look perfect for my treatment.

Is that what you're treatment center had? Medications wise.

Yep looks about right, def stop that methadone ASAP as quick as you can cause that damn long half life gotta wait too long and be too sick before you start bupe from methadone. Good thing you got that tar, just switch to the tar til you go into rehab so you can stop the methadone asap..I cold turkey'd 130mg of methadone a year at the clinic and I went through bad times had to move and I did it cold turkey'd off of 130mg Methadone, took 4 days before the withdrawal started, after it started I was sick for 2 months, but you'll be fine since you'll have bupe in your detox. And Phenobarbital for the Benzo withdrawals you'll be just fine no worry of seizures nada. God bless your Dad man he is amazing to help you like that, as was my mother, she paid for my inpatient detox, it wasn't cheap. Just stay the course and make it work honor your father's sacrifice he truly loves you. Take care friend

Thanks everyone. I'm 27 years old.

I went into My MMT program to see the Dr and start the taper.

So, we did the math...
and it came out to be going down 11mg daily, and 8mg on the 29th to be on exactly 35mg on the 30th.

I'm nervous, and excited at the same time.. haha.

Can't wait to be Narcotics free.
If PAWS get TOO rough after treatment, I'm going to use benzos to calm myself down, AS NEEDED.

I'm really gifted to have a huge amount of benzos.
The Doctors I talked to said using Benzos and Clonodine are almost a must to have as needed after treatment for PAWS, it cuts 75% (3/4) of a chance to no relapse.

The good news is I'm going to get off both opiates and benzos at rehab.. which will drop my benzo tolerance like I'm back to being benzo naive.

Right now my avg dose for benzos is 6mg Clonazepam.
I mix them up most the time though, e.g-

3mg Clonazepam + 4mg Lorazepam
4mg Clonazepam + 2mg Alprazolam
40mg Diazepam + 4mg Lorazepam
65mg Diazepam alone
6mg Clonazepam alone
etc...etc...

Again, thanks for the support guys!

Good luck to you little brother/best friend.
Just remember, most of WD is Psychological.. Just don't think negative, think positive.. And I guarantee you that it'll help you.
Mom, dad, and I put in $120,000 to get you sober... That's 3 months in a 5 star facility with the backyard being a beach.

Youre going to be in paradise.. I know the site and setting will very much determine a better outlook for you.

Ill be praying for you everyday bro.

I know you will be very sick physically from WD since your last dose is on the 30th..from no Methadone for 3 days.

Im not going to say doing dope is a GOOD idea.. But I know it'll help you stay well until you enter treatment..
So I'm all in on that.

Good luck little brother,
I will miss you to death,
I love you a lot,
and I hope everything goes well for you.

I went to a four star on the lake rehab. They flew me out of my home state, gave me a comfy ride from the airport, and sent me to detox for a week and a half on Suboxone. I went in testing positive for meth, coke, opiates and opioids, benzos, barbiturates, MDMA, weed, amphetamines....so yeah I had a serious habit. The program was tough but I really liked learning about everything and feeling healthy again and being around people who understood what I was going through. You need to want it for yourself and hate your habit enough or it will eventually become part of life again. As great as my program was I still went back to using, quit, relapsed, quit,....life sober has to be more exciting than the fast life so my advice is do it for you, set sober goals that make life worth living, and don't look backwards. That missing the old days is what gets me every time! Good luck and enjoy returning from cloud 9!

Same as me man. I'm from California but I live in Boston now.
They're covering both my flights back and forth to California.

So far I've tested positive for,

Opiates (Heroin)
Opioids (Methadone, Oxycodone)
Benzodiazepines (Clonazepam, Diazepam, Alprazolam, Lorazepam)
THC (Marijuana/Cannabis/Weed)

I was into XTC back when I was younger (17-21), I was an E-Tard as they say, lol.
I would roll Friday, Saturday, and Sunday every week for like a year straight.

Before I got ADDICTED (Not tried) to opiates, I was addicted to speedy ecstasy pills, Meth, MDA, and Sex.
Nothing beats having sex while rollin on E.

Alright, So I went from 120mg to 43mg in less than a week...
I'm feeling the WD already, very unpleasent.

So, since I'm sick and I'm going to rehab in 5 days, I went all out.
I went and bought an 8 ball (3.5g) of some Tar Heroin, and a ½g of some crystal.

I havnt used speed in years.. so I'll def be speeding from a low dose.

But 1 question, does smoking Tar H and Crystal at the same time produce a rush As good if I injected them together?
I've never used a needle, but I kind of want to... just to experience the difference.

god my friend don't start the needlework before going into rehab, you'll never get it out of your head and it may cause your relapse. stop yourself before you hit a lower bottom, you have to choose to stop digging.

Yeah definitely don't inject meth, it was the best rush ever and it took me being admitted to Emory Hospital in Atlanta for 2 weeks to stop doing it...even then the mental obsession from .25 of a gram of a shot of meth didn't leave me for about 6 months...awful please be safe

Just curious--you said you have been on methadone for 4+ years

Were you clean other than the methadone ? Or were you using on top of it? Were you stable for those years? What made you decide to go inpatient at this time?

I can't wrap my head around why you wouldn't just stabilize onthe methadone (120 is not a small dose, doing h on top of that doesn't do much), then SLOWLY taper. Methadone wd done slowly is painless. The way you're doing it, well, you are going to be in for a world of hurt. You didn't really leave enough time to taper. With the half lives you are going to be in bad wd entering the detox. And though you may be ingesting 35 mg when you go, from the buildup of taking methadone daily you will have about 70 mg equivalent in your system (add up the half lives). No bupe in the world is going to relieve that wd.

I have gone through wd from methadone cold turkey (hell) and gone thru wd/taper slowly (no issues). I stayed clean for almost 9 years. I am by no means trying to knock getting clean from the methadone. But dude, so so many red flags went up when I read your post!!

Would it be possible for you to stabilize at or below 30 mg withdrawal free before leaving for this detox/rehab? Or is the date set in stone? I feel that your success chances would be so so so much greater if you did that

I hope it goes well for you, you have the biggest thing going for you in wanting to be clean. I just question the half assed methadone taper as its making it so much more pain than necessary. Family support is great ! But no matter how much is spent it all comes down to you and putting in the work. I wish you the best. Even if its hard, you can eventually get through it. And what others have said--you need to really find things you're into when you get out to take up your time and to give you a passion.

I would say good luck but its not about luck ;). Go be successful !

I didn't start usiing H until last night, cuz my 'done dose was only 43mg, I get the chills, cold sweats, RLS, Nausesa/Vomitinhg, Aches and pain, muscle twitches, insomnia, etc etc.

Today I took 35mg, and I'm stopping there. The rehab said I need to be on a maximum dose of 35mg... I nly got 3 mores days, then I'm outa here.

When I chased the dragon last night during WD, BEST feeling ever. I got the goosebumps.. and an excellent 10 to 15min rush.. followed by an incredible nod.

Fun times!

Ok I gotta ask since that last part with the "fun times" comment. First I will say I've had my share of fun times too and times where I didn't want to use. You're partying cuz you're going off to rehab and want one last hoorah and I get that cuz if I didn't go out on a high note I thought a lot more about using whilst in recovery. I understand the pressure behind people wanting you to do well and successfully compete rehab too and the subtle obligation to do so when someone else is paying towards it. My question is quite simply: do you really want to quit? There is no shame in being honest. Sometimes it's not the right time. I'm speaking for myself here that when I didn't want to stop in my heart (regardless of me trying to convince myself I wanted to quit) then it did not end well for me. Drugs are like a dangerous lover. There is excitement and pleasure and destruction and one cannot pursue a normal life with that kind of lover. I wasn't always ready to give up the drama of the highest highs and lowest lows for the day to day. I hear the passion in your words to your "lover" and wonder if you do. The siren call gets really crazy loud when you try and break off that relationship. Louder than any actual lover because it is unrelenting and in your own head. If you see yourself just taking a vacation, doing the clean time thing, then going back to your lover when life gets boring or lonely or whatever than please be honest with yourself and your family. Just because you aren't ready now doesn't mean you won't be soon. If you aren't ready then be ready for a tough road, tougher than the person who is because there is drive and motivation behind their commitment. Or maybe I'm wrong?

I actually REALLY want to quit and get off drugs.

My dad made a deal with me...
and is making me wanting to get off much easier.
He said, 'You come home from rehab, clean off of everything... I will buy you a brand new 2016 Chevy Camaro, it'll be ready for you waiting in the driveway after I get the call from the facility saying that you completed everything necessary and is clean from all drugs'

How fucking awesome is that?

I'm super excited!

Getting through the rehab isn't going to guarantee you will remain sober. (not trying to burst your bubble) Your dad sounds like he really wants the best of everything for you and so do I. You need to have a plan in place so you won't relapse, that will be your real challenge.

But why the detox/inpatient ? If you were stable on the clinic (given length of time there I'm guessing you were?) why not taper off slowly?

Most detoxes will advise that; they don't usually recommend going to traditional detox for methadone wd. Especially as you were at a fairly high dose. Once those wd really kick in from the taper, the subs aren't going to be enough. Will you get off? Well, yes, if you stick with it you'll come home clean. But you're putting yourself in a situation where you're going to be in for a really bad week/two at the least...

I'm just not understanding the rush to go from 120 to 35 so you can enter inpatient ASAP. A longer taper would have been more effective/less painful if you really wanted to go The inpatient route. A true taper with methadone would probably be your best bet.

Don't be offended if I'm wrong--but it sounds more like your family wants you off, they don't understand much about methadone, and are pushing you into this with incentives for you like the car. Something to think about. Also, as someone said, getting through rehab is the easy part; staying clean on the outside is the challenge. Rehab you are away from all the temptations and pressures of everyday life, it's a vacation from the real world. If your dad had a clue about addiction, the car would be in the driveway yet in his name, you would be taking weekly or twice a week random drug tests for at least 6 months until te car was yours....at least if it were my kid and I was trying to give a car as incentive. I've seen too many people court ordered to rehab who go in, put the time in and a week later are getting high. Not saying you will be. Just saying a car waiting for you may keep you in detox/rehab when you're going through the tough withdrawal from not properly tapering. But it's not going to keep you clean

Please don't think I'm being mean to you. I would like to see you succeed, which is why I'm bothering to comment. You're young enough to have a life ahead of you and a family who cares. I just don't want to see you set yourself up for failure when you have an easier route with a better chance of succeeding

Last edited:
Well hell yeah a new Camaro is an awesome incentive and a really great graduation gift but I agree with crzydiamond too that a wiser route from your parents standpoint would be regular drug tests to keep it. It's good to say that you really do want to get clean. My confusion came in when you also made comments that say you really love drugs too. In order to stay clean in the long run though you can't love drugs. That's my personal struggle because reality isn't all happy and carefree like being high makes it seem. There's a great movie called Drugstore Cowboy where the main character after living an adventurous life stealing drugs from pharmacies decides he wants to be clean and it's a struggle being around drugs, trying to find work, living in a shitty apartment, and so on. It's easy to choose to be clean if there is an amazing reward to it besides the better health (which is kinda hard to see short term). It's easy to be clean when things are going well. What everyone needs to ask themselves though is if they lost everything from their home and job, to friends, and respect, and had to face a lot of deep set emotions and memories resurfacing, would they be able to face it all and not return to their old love for comfort to cope? Drugs have to become that crazy homicidal ex where despite the good times it turns your stomach to think they could show back up in your life and utterly destroy it within seconds. It's those one nighters or weekend flings that drag you back in. You have to love your life without drugs more than you loved your life with them because of how you feel not because of what you have.

Listen to these smart people. In my youth I was in an inpatient rehab/therapy program for over a year. I had never used h at that point. More than a decade later life got tough and I ended up with a bad dope habit which I never would have been able to kick without leaving the place I was. A month clean and the only reason I haven't used is my situation. You need something else to fill the hole that drugs leave in your life when you stop using. Getting out of rehab and coming back home will leave you with a hole bigger than you had when you left for rehab probably. You will come back home and after a couple of days you will be free from your schedule in rehab with nothing but time to kill and an itch in the back of your mind reminding you of the good days, especially when that old friend looks you up or you pass the old "spot".