Info OFFICIAL THREAD: I can't upload pictures

Forum Moderator

Bluelight Bot
Staff member
The following is taken directly from Bluelight Support FAQ atop this forum:

How do I insert an image into a post?

You can just manually type out the code around the image again, like this: [img]image URL here[/img]. Try previewing your post to see if it works before you submit it. A second option is to use the 'insert image' button, as follows
  1. Press the 'insert image' button
    VBpXxdj.jpg

2. Insert the URL to the image in the pop-up input box and press 'insert' to insert it into your post
    g5meuRr.jpg

Additionally, from our Attachments have been disabled announcement: We have disabled attachments for our entire site. The reasoning is that it was quickly causing our database to grow to an unwieldy size. The desire to share an image can be met with the functions outlined above.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have tried Imgur and image BB, I hit the little picture button and paste in the link and I get an error message. I've tried the BB whatever code and the HTML code. What do I do?

what you copy needs to end in .jpg/.gif etc... if it doesn't, it won't work inside the bb code.

imgur has one link that you can just paste directly into your post, and it will automatically show up with an imgur border around it, like this:

Code:
https://imgur.com/gallery/uFxb11M

will display as

if you want it to show up normally , the picture by itself,

Code:
[img]https://i.imgur.com/etzwUCz.jpg[/img]

will display as

etzwUCz.jpg

Hey MrsGamp, it's because you need to upload them to an image hosting site first (eg www.imgur.com ), and then copy the link they give you and post it here :)

Are you talkin about attachments? As far as I know they were disabled, I dunno now.

Are you talkin about attachments? As far as I know they were disabled, I dunno now.
well it was a rather silly project - there's a thread here about dreams and I wanted to post my dream illustrated with photos ... but was all composed on my I-pad in "notes" section plus copy and pasted pics of web, which I then took screen shots of, and tried to upload as "photos".

In other words a time vampire enterprise to while away a few lonely hours ... bummer though cos I put a lot of effort into it.

It was a very specific nightmare that can only happen when you are in SNRI anti-depressants and suddenly run out. Those dreams are indescribably vile, vivid, and are experienced as lasting for years...

well it was a rather silly project - there's a thread here about dreams and I wanted to post my dream illustrated with photos ... but was all composed on my I-pad in "notes" section plus copy and pasted pics of web, which I then took screen shots of, and tried to upload as "photos".

In other words a time vampire enterprise to while away a few lonely hours ... bummer though cos I put a lot of effort into it.

It was a very specific nightmare that can only happen when you are in SNRI anti-depressants and suddenly run out. Those dreams are indescribably vile, vivid, and are experienced as lasting for years...

Make a video?

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣 Thank you, Shadys blueligther, I mean now i can do it more or less but i still have my problems from time to time, so thank you , great thread!!!

JJ

I do multiple picks, you clicking the copy link that pops up in the corner of the pick you posted? Click hidden then it will pop up the link to copy

Lol

Don't confuse the person lol let them do one link at a time it's easier, you can copy and paste a few pics onto bluelight in the same comment/thread but paste each link separately it's easier that way

Reactions: R3K