• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Official citizen's initiative for LEGALIZING CANNABIS in the European Union!

beginning_end

Greenlighter
I'm trying to get the word out about the european citizen's initiative Weed like to talk. :)

I didn't know whether to put this in european discussion or Cannabis discussion, so mods move as you see fit.

‘Weed like to talk’ aims at making the EU adopt a common policy on the control and regulation of cannabis production, use and sale.

It's accepted by the EU Commission, so this is the real deal, so to speak. You don't have to smoke weed to support a legalization, putting people in cages for their choice of medicine and/or recreation is pure insanity!

If you don't know what an ECI is, check out http://ec.europa.eu/citizens-initiative/public/how-it-works/answer

We need to reach one million signatures by November! We have around 64 000 as of now. You can check the current progress at https://ec.europa.eu/citizens-initiative/REQ-ECI-2013-000023/public/map.do

If you feel inclined, join the cause!! Since it's a grass roots campaign it's all about spreading the word and printing flyers and whatnot :)

You can also find Weed like to talk on Facebook and Twitter. If you're from Sweden go visit the Flashback thread about this initiative. =D
If you're Danish, put up flyers at Roskilde this year.
If you're from the UK, SPREAD THE WORD, most of you brits are unaware of this initiative!

I know there will be a lot of marijuana events around Europe this year, so how about printing a bunch of flyers and spreading them around those events?

The link to sign is HERE:
https://ec.europa.eu/citizens-initiative/REQ-ECI-2013-000023/public/

Also, you have to be of voting age to sign it.

When I pressed the sign button it showed that I already signed this. So, yeah, my vote is in.. =D

Salutations,

Hummm... Unless i'd be mistaking it seems in France a simple action such as pro-cannabic education happens to be punishable by law, because cannabis has been associated to a group of psycho-active drugs about which it is forbiden to even express any positively-biased views capable of promoting its decriminalisation, etc...

Well, i wonder if some other European countries around aren't the same. How can those people hope for better laws when no dialogue is allowed???

:?

Salutations BeforeTheBeginning,

Didnt know France had a nazi regime.

It's a problem with politicians, things would be different after a referendum as i wouldn't readily assume French politicians to be representative of the French population in terms of cannabis laws.

French people are a bit weird so it's not surprising

Don't anti-cannabic warriors say pretty much about the same of us "stoners"?...

=D

I can just picture Hollande being all like "let them snort cake!" Apropos, does signing petitions actually mean action in Europe?

Well in this case if it reaches one million the EU Commission will raise the question in the parliament

yet it's fine for people from outside the EU to sign it?

Oh I see now, have to provide passport number to sign