Off topic get real

C

Coscuraffge

I want to know why my first post in this sub forum was never posted. Is ali on vacation or what?

Since when is The Lounge an OnT kind of forum? I thought the whole point of this place was to flame each other for LOL's. According to Skl, moderators in The Lounge can ban people they don't like because of the anarchic nature of the forum?

Well if that is the case I may as well spend my time elsewhere because I see many BS bans in the future. I am not satisfied with the feedback I recieved in my support post and would like more answers. Real answers. I post a lot here and I put a lot out there and feel I deserve more.

Directly challenging moderator attempts at performing their work will often times result in disciplinary action. It's no different than an IRL situation, say at your workplace.

Yes, The Lounge is generally off topic banter, but we are making an effort to clean that up in themed threads. If you're told to stay on topic by two different moderators, the right course of action is not to be a jackass and post a gif challenging that. It is to PM them, start a thread in Support, etc.

If you're not satisfied or don't want to abide by the rules set forth you are more than welcome to take your talents elsewhere.

i dont speak for bluelight nor on anyone elses behalf, my personal opinion is that you're too aggressive.

your belligerence when hammered alters your personality in an offensive and intense manner and its a vibe killer. that and when you post under the influence (self professed) of one substance or multiple regularly the repetition of behaviour grows stale and people get tired of your antics. ive seen a gentle side of you but its well outweighed by an angsty, in your face, intense persona and is one people dont want to deal with (especially in TL, what is intended to be light hearted, humoured discussion).

yes this is a harm reduction site and yes many members have substance problems, but when you make your problem someone elses (public) you've got to be accountable and expect rejection for your own altered regular and negative behaviour. if you were banned its probably because youve been a dick repeatedly and unbeknownst to you several members have voiced their discomfort in your presence and staff have HAD to take notice and act accordingly. being a drug based website doesn't automatically give you a "get out of jail" free card to behave at your worst in the name of being under the influence of drugs. the sites mission is to reduce harm and provide an outlet for informative (and in the case of TL, light hearted) discussion. it is not a soap box to be the biggest loudmouthed asshole you can possibly be whilst under the influence. maybe ride out the ban and come back with a different direction? and when you're heavily under the influence and find your posts getting silly or aggressive stop and tell yourself its probably time to get offline or hit cancel? <3

...kytnism...:|

Last edited:
See mel22's response to your trolling of her "recent mistakes" thread for further clarification. When you can that is.

Best of luck buddy.

I want to know why my first post in this sub forum was never posted. Is ali on vacation or what?

Posts aren't approved by staff members, they're automatically approved upon you posting them. Hit cancel instead of "post" maybe?

Since when is The Lounge an OnT kind of forum? I thought the whole point of this place was to flame each other for LOL's. According to Skl, moderators in The Lounge can ban people they don't like because of the anarchic nature of the forum?

There are forum guidelines at the top of the page, I suggest reading them.

Well if that is the case I may as well spend my time elsewhere because I see many BS bans in the future. I am not satisfied with the feedback I recieved in my support post and would like more answers. Real answers. I post a lot here and I put a lot out there and feel I deserve more.

Be more specific, reach out to individual moderators, you know how the game works, man. I have't read your support post yet, but if you're feeling so strongly about this, contact someone personally. Have a conversation. If you're still not satisfied after someone has taken time out of their day to address you concerns one on one, one by one, I really don't know what to tell you.

Directly challenging moderator attempts at performing their work will often times result in disciplinary action. It's no different than an IRL situation, say at your workplace.

This

cos, is there anything you'd like me to relay to TL before you are voted the next lounge pariah for this months vote?

be easy, buddy. not sure what the drama is about this time, but take a break and do some IRL stuff

To reiterate my first response in a more formal manner —

There has been a significant amount of discussion regarding this and while not always explicit, posts are removed, edited, commented on (against) by mods, thread titles state off topic posts deleted/infracted etc. It's abundantly clear that the wind is blowing this way with regard to theme threads so as to keep ttys in ttys and not shifting up other threads, so , an infraction really ought not to be so shocking. That it resulted in a ban is only by virtue of your having other infractions based on other problematic posts.

Also "jackassery" gives mods wide latitude and I think in a forum such as TL it's appropriate for them to have it. "Directly challenging a moderator" on changes to forum expectations that have been agreed to by staff and made known to users certainly qualified as jackassery.

In no way can moderators ban people simply for not liking them, were that the case, many more people including a few moderators, would probably be banned. Infractions happened because of problematic behavior. Bans come from repeated infractions. No one banned you. Phr infracted you for a post which was off-topic after he had made clear that off-topic posts weren't acceptable in that particular thread, and particularly when you persisted in doing so. He did not ban you. He simply gave you an additional infraction which, in addition to the infractions you have already received, led to a ban. Discipline on this site is progressive and therefore you need to look at your whole posting history that caused you to get so many infractions if your question is actually about being banned.

Last edited:
cos, is there anything you'd like me to relay to TL before you are voted the next lounge pariah for this months vote?
To be fair, although cosmic is in the lead, he has not won yet. The voting ends tomorrow.

If you win, cosmic, we will have another poll to determine whether your Lounge Pariah award will start after your site wide ban ends or whether it starts right away and run concurrently.
It is my best guess that it will run consecutively, since it is an award after all, with a spiffy user title plus a free name change and you can't fully enjoy that award while you're on a complete site ban. Democracy will speak, though.
If that ends up being the case, your Lounge access will be restored Oct. 9th.

Yes, The Lounge is generally off topic banter, but we are making an effort to clean that up in themed threads. If you're told to stay on topic by two different moderators, the right course of action is not to be a jackass and post a gif challenging that. It is to PM them, start a thread in Support, etc.

If you're not satisfied or don't want to abide by the rules set forth you are more than welcome to take your talents elsewhere.

You can act all you want here, but you know as do most that you have been gunning for me since forever and nothing has ever changed that. I deleted the percieved as a direct challenge to your authority infraction-worthy post before you even pressed the button. I didn't know you were serious because I still can't believe how serious you are.

i dont speak for bluelight nor on anyone elses behalf, my personal opinion is that you're too aggressive.

your belligerence when hammered alters your personality in an offensive and intense manner and its a vibe killer. that and when you post under the influence (self professed) of one substance or multiple regularly the repetition of behaviour grows stale and people get tired of your antics. ive seen a gentle side of you but its well outweighed by an angsty, in your face, intense persona and is one people dont want to deal with (especially in TL, what is intended to be light hearted, humoured discussion).

yes this is a harm reduction site and yes many members have substance problems, but when you make your problem someone elses (public) you've got to be accountable and expect rejection for your own altered regular and negative behaviour. if you were banned its probably because youve been a dick repeatedly and unbeknownst to you several members have voiced their discomfort in your presence and staff have HAD to take notice and act accordingly. being a drug based website doesn't automatically give you a "get out of jail" free card to behave at your worst in the name of being under the influence of drugs. the sites mission is to reduce harm and provide an outlet for informative (and in the case of TL, light hearted) discussion. it is not a soap box to be the biggest loudmouthed asshole you can possibly be whilst under the influence. maybe ride out the ban and come back with a different direction? and when you're heavily under the influence and find your posts getting silly or aggressive stop and tell yourself its probably time to get offline or hit cancel? <3

...kytnism...:|

You're right kyt. I should probably take it down a notch sometimes. I really appreciate this response and I mean that <3

But I disagree about The Lounge being light hearted. It's not light, it's heavy and it is in your face, most of the time. The description is misleading. It's for this reason why I love it now, but understand why most don't stick around. Sometimes things go too far, and I am not at all saying this situation is even one of them, I am just saying that I believe you know this to be true.

See mel22's response to your trolling of her "recent mistakes" thread for further clarification. When you can that is.

Best of luck buddy.

This confuses me just a little zephy. If you are implying I went too hard on MEL in the "recent mistakes" thread, well I'll have to disagree because MEL is typically ruthless and often needs (wants) to be met with brute force imo. I am positive she took no offense to it and appreciated the ROCKY gif I left her with that night.

Maybe I don't understand what you mean?

be easy, buddy. not sure what the drama is about this time, but take a break and do some IRL stuff

True that. Thanks brother.

To reiterate my first response in a more formal manner —

There has been a significant amount of discussion regarding this and while not always explicit, posts are removed, edited, commented on (against) by mods, thread titles state off topic posts deleted/infracted etc. It's abundantly clear that the wind is blowing this way with regard to theme threads so as to keep ttys in ttys and not shifting up other threads, so , an infraction really ought not to be so shocking. That it resulted in a ban is only by virtue of your having other infractions based on other problematic posts.

Also "jackassery" gives mods wide latitude and I think in a forum such as TL it's appropriate for them to have it. "Directly challenging a moderator" on changes to forum expectations that have been agreed to by staff and made known to users certainly qualified as jackassery.

In no way can moderators ban people simply for not liking them, were that the case, many more people including a few moderators, would probably be banned. Infractions happened because of problematic behavior. Bans come from repeated infractions. No one banned you. Phr infracted you for a post which was off-topic after he had made clear that off-topic posts weren't acceptable in that particular thread, and particularly when you persisted in doing so. He did not ban you. He simply gave you an additional infraction which, in addition to the infractions you have already received, led to a ban. Discipline on this site is progressive and therefore you need to look at your whole posting history that caused you to get so many infractions if your question is actually about being banned.

Yeah I don't think I was being a jackass in the least in accordance to Lounge protocol at the time I was "infracted" resulting in a "ban". The changes made to forum expectations may have been agreed upon by staff but they were not made known publicly until well after the infraction I was given. He infracted me knowing it would ban me. His plan was to ban me from TL for a total of two months. Read the threads, I know you are smart enough to put two in two together. It doesn't matter to me anymore. I am fine being the Lounge Pariah. The nature of that "infraction" resulting in "ban" prior to the vote was obvious in its intent. A warning would have more then sufficed.

Last edited: