• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Off Herion using THC-O

So I’m 6 months clean from herion after 2 rehabs and 1 extended hospital stay near death! I started vaping THC-O and it’s helped so much! The feeling is very similar to herion and I can safely use it to stay clean!
Holy shit—good to see you again! After the health emergencies you described, I was beginning to fear the worst. . .

Congrats on getting away from tar—6 mos clean is amazing, I really respect that. Glad you've found a much less harmful substitute, I'll have to check it out. (I think THC-O & Delta 8/9 weren't as big out here because of the legal weed, I haven't bumped into it anyway.)

Holy shit—good to see you again! After the health emergencies you described, I was beginning to fear the worst. . .

Congrats on getting away from tar—6 mos clean is amazing, I really respect that. Glad you've found a much less harmful substitute, I'll have to check it out. (I think THC-O & Delta 8/9 weren't as big out here because of the legal weed, I haven't bumped into it anyway.)
Yeah I was super lucky!! I found thc-o fills that obsession to smoke something and the high is very similar so it settles my cravings down!

Congrats on your progress towards a more fulfilling life.

I’m particularly interested in your experience with THC-O-acetate. In what ways is the high similar to being on heroin (smoked heroin?)?

I never had the opportunity to try THC-OAc but from what I know it should still feel pretty similar to some cannabis products, it probably acts as a pro-drug to regular THC as well. On the other hand, I’ve also seen some reports describing a different kind of experience, parhaps even considering it a “harder drug”. So yeah it makes me curious about its pharmacological effects.

Were you a weed smoker before?
And what about opioid WD? Have you experienced some kind of post-acute withdrawal syndrome (PAWS)?

Congrats on your progress towards a more fulfilling life.

I’m particularly interested in your experience with THC-O-acetate. In what ways is the high similar to being on heroin (smoked heroin?)?

I never had the opportunity to try THC-OAc but from what I know it should still feel pretty similar to some cannabis products, it probably acts as a pro-drug to regular THC as well. On the other hand, I’ve also seen some reports describing a different kind of experience, parhaps even considering it a “harder drug”. So yeah it makes me curious about its pharmacological effects.

Were you a weed smoker before?
And what about opioid WD? Have you experienced some kind of post-acute withdrawal syndrome (PAWS)?
Hey! Well for me it starts in my head feeling full and ears ringing loud then creeps over my body. It feels like a cross between getting an alcohol buzz and a narcotic high. I do experience minor wd, sniffles and cranky colon lol but doesn’t last long. I smoked weed in my 20s and I’m 44 now.

Not convinced of the safety of thc-o but congrats on getting off h.
Something about thc-o doesnt sit right imo/e. Just my take.
Glad to see you posting, though.
Peace
there's a little nagging weirdness in a lot of the hemp noids -- delta 8 gives me distinctive gaba like WD syndrome -- the cannibanoid system controls so many other systems, i would not be shocked at all if one of these had a more substantial physical addiction profile, or downstream mu activity etc.

there's a little nagging weirdness in a lot of the hemp noids -- delta 8 gives me distinctive gaba like WD syndrome -- the cannibanoid system controls so many other systems, i would not be shocked at all if one of these had a more substantial physical addiction profile, or downstream mu activity etc.
Same experience on my end.
I was never a proponent of "hemp noids" until a couple years ago. D8 and THC-O afterwards. The D8 didnt seem to cause much of a WD but also have a weed card from state and had bud. But that THC-O threw me when I put it aside... it was a terrible experience. Nothing ever in my decades of smoking flower and coming off has caused this WD other than BZDs.
I just dont trust it and I would encourage anyone who partakes to do so in small doses and not habitually. Or just use flower instead.
We just dont know enough about these noids to promote the safety of them imo.

Yea I used CBD, Delta 8, mixes like that some regular THC too.

I know if you're craving opioids, THC won't scratch that itch, but after you're clean for a while it's nice. I get the same nods , relaxed, unconsciousness, fairly euphoric melting feeling from these synthetic cannabinoid compounds. I do the gummies and or tincture mixes.

And it's definitely helped with pain management.
Federal government can kiss my ass over delta8 and other substances they aim to ban soon.
We are a nation of drug users, make something less dangerous available to us for fuck sake. I'm in a not legal state. Delta8/9/10/CBD made from hemp is all we have, is it really the worst thing in the world we get "high" on something legal and relatively safe.

It's about as habit forming as regular marijuana. The biggest problem I see it it's an unregulated industry right now. So just like those fake vape cartridges that were putting kids in the hospital, the general public, police,and politicians see all delta8,9,10, thc0 as dangerous.