• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Bupe Off bupe for 5 days after a very short and low dose taper.

OnNoff4years

Greenlighter
I took suboxone for about 4-5 days (1st day 8MG, 2nd day 2MG, 3rd day 1MG, and 4th day .5MG) to get off of bad kratom (10G doses 4x a day) habit. I used kratom to get off of a bad 2 year subutex habit (doctor prescribed) about a year ago. The doctor suggested I go back on sub maintenance. I Do NOT want to get hooked back on subs, but it's been 5 days and I was wondering if I took 2MG or less of the sub if it would just extend the symptoms I'm having? Today is Thursday my last sub dose was early Sunday. I've scoured the internet for a few hours and can't find anything on this.

Edit: I have been off the subs and on kratom for well over 10-11 months.

Last edited:
Of course it would...

And why would you take 2mg is your last dose was ,5mg?

Plus there is no info online about this type of thing. Everything I see is about PWD. The only symptoms I'm having right now are RLS, irritability, some anxiety, and depression. I can't tell if those symptoms are from the subs or from the kratom. My stomach is obviously in not great shape either (all that leaf for so long). And my tolerance is probably not high because I was only on the subs for 5 days at such a low dose. I think the question is reasonable for here.

I'd say your tolerance is from the Kratom as 4-5 days of Subs is a drop in the bucket on the end of 11 months of K. I also think 2mg would be very disappointing at this point.

You should consider yourself Lucky to be doing so well, some people in the thread below have a rough time dropping Kratom and have to taper forever.

-Quitting-high-dose-Kratom-habit-via-taper

I made it through the tough part. Today is the first day I've felt a lot better. Kratom has been a big part of my life for such a long time. It really is a double edged sword. It is great if you can do it once in a while, or use it to get off of something stronger. It's been in my life on and off for the better part of 9 years. It's different for everyone and different depending on your doses and strains. 30x and 50x full spectrum was the kratom I originally ran into down in FL, and it was definitely similar to strong opiates in effect and withdrawal. I probably would be disappointed if I took 2MG, but they are staring me in the face. My doctor gave me way too much. I would have been OK with 2 or 3 2MG strips, but he definitely wanted to get me back on them.

You got off bupe with kratom and then got off kratom with bupe. Interesting.

Look at this way dude... You're already addicted to subs. You're addicted to opioids. Kratom and subs are too different ways to fill that hole you have created in your brain. There is no escaping it. You either have to CT and just suck up the pain, or taper.

In my experience sub withdrawal doesnt even get bad until day 5. Thats why I much preferred kratom withdrawal. It was over by the time the sub withdrawals would have started.

Benzos could help without prolonging withdrawal like the sub will do.

Good luck.

You are dependent on the activation of your mu opiate receptors, your body doesn't care/know wether it is kratom or bupe.

Whats your goal here? To get off opioids? Or to get high? They are mutually exclusive, if you want to take more bupe because you are breaking down and can't take the WD symptoms anymore, but still want to get clean, then why would you take a dose as large as 2mg? If you don't care about getting clean, and just want to get high, then as I said of course you are going to lengthen/worsen your WD symptoms with such a dose. If your goal is still to get clean, but you can't stay sobre anymore then you just be contemplating taking a .25mg dose of bupe, not increasing your dose.