• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Odd vision side effect from mirtazapine

Stanfoo

Greenlighter
I'm taking mirtazapine solely for helping with sleep (45mg, anything less is ineffective). After around 40 minutes, I see white flashes when closing my eyes laying in bed. To elaborate, when my eyes are closed my vision is pitch black obviously, but I see random white flashes whilst eyes are closed. Maybe one or two flashes a minute, lasting up to 15 minutes.

I've never heard of anyone having this odd vision side effect. Just wondering if anyone can explain this, as I have no clue of the severity of this side effect and whether or not I should be worried.

i take 22.5mgs and get a similar side effect. i thought it was from synthetic dope sold as heroin until this post.

I used to get closed eye visuals when I used to take Mirtazapine, I used to see flashing images of faces it was quite bizarre. I think its a common side-effect.

These sort of pseudo-hallucinogenic side effects also occured for me with higher doses of mirtazapine. I don't think it is too much to worry about unless you find it very distressing.

However it may be worth mentioning to your dr next time you visit