• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Odd Phase of Meth Use

Rmschex

Greenlighter
Apologies in advance to everyone if this post is in the wrong forum. I just joined and this is my first post, so I may be a little rusty. That said, I'm also familiar with substance abuse and the like, so I don't need any lessons or constructive criticism or sarcastic remarks following my topic of discission, please. I'm here for some possible feedback, insight and hopefully I can get it!

Anyway, I've been a daily meth user for about three months now. I use about a quarter gram per day and I've stuck to intranasal to this point (I'm a recovering heroin addict and shooting was my route, as well as crystal for about a month, thats in my past for now thankfully and hopefully it stays as such). I was aware of my tolerance going up slowly after the first month or so, and it was expected, so the euphoric feeling not being as prevalent was not a disappointment rather than just "one of those things" that I have to accept by doing something like this on a daily basis.

so... at this point, three months in, I sleep regularly, each night from 4-9 hours, eat three or more times per day (although only once am I really "hungry"), and work and live the same life I've been living since use increased months ago.

My dilemma begins here: about three weeks ago I noticed that the burning sensation I'd come to know as routine had all but ceased, and the come upick has taken much much MUCH longer than normal (I'm talking not feeling the drug for nearly an hour, and even more baffling to me, the best part of the high/ peak for me sets in around 90 minutes to 2 1/2 hours after last use. My morning line(s) are always the best, obviously, yet I still feel good for the remainder and have not increased the dosage much for about a month now. the source and peak reduction is consistent (with one exception) so purity and legitimacy of what im getting has not changed as best I know. I don't understand this delayed onset, though... moreover, and almost like clockwork now, I'll take 3-4 doses throughout the day, and about two hours after my 3rd, usually going to work in the rvening, I begin to feel not so much "paranoid" as much as I simply have a hard time looking at people in the eyes, bc 90 percent of the time, I feel an odd penetrating gaze coming from my own eyes! I know this is mostly mental as well, but wtf?? and obviously the side effects are more prominent at higher doses....

has anyone experiencedown anything like this,as far as the onset/ come up goes? as stated earlier, euphoria at this point is very little but I still get a nice, even relaxed at times, buzz. I'm focused, have a good sense of well being, and the duration is typically anywhere from 4-6 hours each day, like clockwork. I guess my body clock is pretty much set on a routine course, which is fine by me bc in all honesty, I fucking HATED being spun, I couldn't stand all nighters or God forbid multiple days- that was never my thing. I have an addiction and I self medicate with crystal meth, plain and simple. my viewpoint of the morality, common sense, logic behind such a way of life is irrelevant. it is what it is for now and I'm simply reaching out for some insight.

if anyone has any thoughts on this job would greatly appreciate it. when you do something like this on a daily basis for months on end, I'd like to think one couldn't help but try and understand the changes that are taking place with their use. that's where I'm at.

thanks again, guys and gals :)