• N&PD Moderators: Skorpio | thegreenhand

Odd Drug Reactions/Metabolism

eribrysan

Greenlighter
Hey everyone, not sure I am posting in the correct place, but maybe someone could help me find an answer to a couple long held question.

A lot of the things (drugs - RX & street) I've taken in the past & some that i still take, cause the opposite bodily reactions than are normal/expected.

EXAMPLES:

- When I used to do cocaine, no matter how pure it was, or not, how much or little I railed, it would cause the common high for about an hour, while simultaneously causing extreme BRADYcardia. I'm talking a heart rate of 40-55. My normal resting heart rate is 90- 95.

- When I take Gabbapentin, and I usually take between 1,800-3,600 mg at a time, it makes me super energetic, focused, and euphoric. Ive heard/read that it turns most others in to zombies at way lower dosages. Also, after taking this dosage, I feel absolutely nothing (good or bad) for at least 2-3 hours. THEN the high kicks in.

- Once when I was in college, I needed to study for a big exam, so my buddy gave me a Provigil (midafinil) 200mg. I forgot about it and ended up falling asleep around 11pm, head in a text book. Woke up at 7am. Exam was at 1pm. I was panicked, then at about 9am I remembered the Provigil! So I'm thinking, I'll take this, it will make me super alert and focused so that I can cram. I took it and it knocked me the hell out. Like, I was passed out asleep within 30 minutes of swallowing it with 8 ounces of water. Slept right through my exam! And I took it after getting a full 8 hours of good sleep. But Adderall will keep me wide awake for 24 hours! I don't get it.

I'd like someone to explain all of this to me. Is my brain chemistry off? Why does my body metabolize certain (a lot of) drugs in the opposite manner?

Second question. Why do i have such an insane tolerance to certain medications? Take benadryl, for example. There was a time, about 3 years ago, that I was taking
Between 2,000 - 3,000 mg of benedryl PER DAY. That is 100+ capsules. A WHOLE BOTTLE. Not all at once, I'd take a handful of 35, 3x per day, to get high. I understand tolerance, what I don't understand is that I didn't build up to a handful of 35 from 2 single capsules. I started at a handful of 12. I mean, please correct me if I'm wrong, but a normal person would sleep for days if they just downed a handful of 12 benedryl. I mean, that's 300 mg.

I'd just like to know what y'all think, for my own edification.