• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Dissociatives Odanestron and dxm

Fentanyl precipitates serotonin syndrome? Do you remember how it does this? I thought it was just a highly selective opiate agonist, how does it affect serotonin?

I'm afraid I don't know that, I just know I've seen several cases of fentanyl plus a SSRI causing serotonin syndrome. It's not the only opioid either, I've seen multiple cases of oxycodone doing the same. Perhaps it's a rare potential complication of opioids in someone who already has high serotonin levels, but I haven't really investigated that area much.

There's some research into the subject, like this I just found: Opioid analgesic drugs and serotonin toxicity (syndrome): mechanisms, animal models, and links to clinical effects. It even mentions fentanyl and oxycodone in the abstract as being odd culprits.

I’m sorry for yOur loss. But everybody is different, and there are definitely relatively safe ways to combine multiple downers. I know because I do it regularly, and I’ve rarely had problems doing so. I also keep two narcan nose sprays in the house, activated charcoal, and NAC.

I’ve been mixing drugs like that for a decade. People die from lots of things, car accidents, heroin ods, lightning striking them, rabies, ect. Just because it happens doesn’t mean that riding in a car or injecting heroin is inherently unsafe.

Pardon me for my callousness, but your friend fucked up, it wasn’t the drugs fault that he died, or the mixture, it was his fault. A little narcan in his pocket ready for an accidental od, and he’d be here today.

The fact is, people will always mix drugs, you can’t prevent them from taking the drugs just by saying, don’t do it, it’s always going to randomly kill You or w/e your saying

The correct way to address the issue is to tell people how to safely mix drugs like I do, I’m alive because I research the drugs I do, if more people were taught about how to mix drugs, instead of having fear monger ing bullshit shoved down their throats, there would be a lot less dead people.

Sorry if that hurts your feelings, but harm reduction is more important than anybody’s feelings.

Misinformation kills more surely than any drug combination in existence

@PriestTheyCalledHim same goes to you, all I’ve seen you post on this thread is “don’t do it” no factual information to back that up .org anything. What if everyone posted stuff like that on this thread, Andy because of the lack of direction, I decided to just figure it it myself, And I died. DO you not see how wrong it is now to post shit like that in a harm reduction forum?

I guess I can understand where your both coming from, I think your probably trying to help me.
Yeah. Charcol tqstes like absolute dog shit tho... they gave it to me in the ER after my sewer slide attempt. They cherry flavored it 🤢

I agree with you, harm reduction is ESSENTIAL but its about how you go about it. I feel like there should be a healthy amount on bolth sides. Telling how to do somthing in the safest way is important, expessialy on a forum like this. But its also important to talk about what can be unsafe if you dont know the harm reduction.

For example, i use dxm alot, its my favorite drug besides tram but im also on lexapro and trazadone. If it wasnt for people saying hey dont do this if you are on such and such medication than i would never hqve seeked out harm reduction in the first place.

The thing is bolth these things should be in the sqme stqtement. WITH EVIDENCE empty claims on either side cqn be hqrmful

Really, it should be formatted along these lines
1. What is the mixture?
2. What can happen if ur unsafe with said mixture?
3. What you cqn do to prevent said consiquence.

Then everyone is happy because it covers all sides of the story.

I’m sorry for yOur loss. But everybody is different, and there are definitely relatively safe ways to combine multiple downers. I know because I do it regularly, and I’ve rarely had problems doing so. I also keep two narcan nose sprays in the house, activated charcoal, and NAC.

I’ve been mixing drugs like that for a decade. People die from lots of things, car accidents, heroin ods, lightning striking them, rabies, ect. Just because it happens doesn’t mean that riding in a car or injecting heroin is inherently unsafe.

Pardon me for my callousness, but your friend fucked up, it wasn’t the drugs fault that he died, or the mixture, it was his fault. A little narcan in his pocket ready for an accidental od, and he’d be here today.

The fact is, people will always mix drugs, you can’t prevent them from taking the drugs just by saying, don’t do it, it’s always going to randomly kill You or w/e your saying

The correct way to address the issue is to tell people how to safely mix drugs like I do, I’m alive because I research the drugs I do, if more people were taught about how to mix drugs, instead of having fear monger ing bullshit shoved down their throats, there would be a lot less dead people.

Sorry if that hurts your feelings, but harm reduction is more important than anybody’s feelings.

Misinformation kills more surely than any drug combination in existence

@PriestTheyCalledHim same goes to you, all I’ve seen you post on this thread is “don’t do it” no factual information to back that up .org anything. What if everyone posted stuff like that on this thread, Andy because of the lack of direction, I decided to just figure it it myself, And I died. DO you not see how wrong it is now to post shit like that in a harm reduction forum?

I guess I can understand where your both coming from, I think your probably trying to help me.
The logic you're using here is basically "hey man I roll the dice all the time and never turn up "snake eyes" (double 1) so it will never happen ....even though I keep rolling those dice....
The lack of wisdom to sound advice from people who are quite obviously more knowledgeable than you is disheartening.
The advice given to you warning about your completely reckless drug use is meant to keep you safe and alive.