View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Dissociatives Odanestron and dxm

polarthedog

Bluelighter
I read somewhere that this mixture can cause serotonin syndrome, but there must be a safe limit to how much of both I can mix together, has anyone else done this?

Receptor binding really doesn't affect the pool of free serotonin very much. The stoichiometry of serotonin molecules to receptors is very high.

People safely combine serotonin agonists (which tend to be less selective in terms of subtypes of receptor they bind to; ie they will displace more molecules of serotonin) with dxm without incurring serotonin syndrome.

There is a lot of noise about serotonin syndrome. Unless you are combining a releaser, an maoi, and or a reuptake inhibitor (or overdosing on one of those, or taking multiple in those classes, or taking like a bunch of 5htp on those, you should be fine).

I think it would be responsible to take only a therapeutic dose of zofran with the dxm just to hedge bets, and keeping the dxm in more explored territory (like don't be taking 2 grams of dxm and using zofran to minimize overdose effects, that's looking for trouble); these are just general good practices for poly drug use tho.

Receptor binding really doesn't affect the pool of free serotonin very much. The stoichiometry of serotonin molecules to receptors is very high.

People safely combine serotonin agonists (which tend to be less selective in terms of subtypes of receptor they bind to; ie they will displace more molecules of serotonin) with dxm without incurring serotonin syndrome.

There is a lot of noise about serotonin syndrome. Unless you are combining a releaser, an maoi, and or a reuptake inhibitor (or overdosing on one of those, or taking multiple in those classes, or taking like a bunch of 5htp on those, you should be fine).

I think it would be responsible to take only a therapeutic dose of zofran with the dxm just to hedge bets, and keeping the dxm in more explored territory (like don't be taking 2 grams of dxm and using zofran to minimize overdose effects, that's looking for trouble); these are just general good practices for poly drug use tho.
That’s what I would think, I was combining doxipin, remeron, and Zoloft with dxm regularly and I never really had any serious problems, the only problem was it caused some agitation, but again, I was mixing THREE antidepressants with it, I would take up to 500 mg in a night, I still take 18 mg of zoloft a day, so I’m having trouble believing that one odanestron is really going to cause an OD

Mescaline + zofran is a winning combination. Never heard about mescaline + dxm, sounds quite nauseating.
I love it, actually, I find that if you make tea out of just the green skin, mescaline isn’t very nauseating. But ya, I take 50-100 mg of Benadryl, lots of good weed, and ginger with it, sure, you might still be a little nauseous with all that though, but it’s beautiful, lay down and close your eyes, that should get rid of the rest of the nausea.

I do not recommend that combo just by itself though, you have to take other drugs with it to treat the side effects.

I’m asking about odanestron because I have 18 4 mg sublingual tablets, and I’d like to try using that instead of weed

On a side note, when I use mescaline and dxm, I also take kratom with it sometimes lol, I’m addicted to it, so it would ruin the trip if I didn’t take any, though sometimes i substitute poppy pods or subutex

I love mixing drugs, the sum of them all is greater than any of them by themselves. 1+2+3=34, it’s great. I never feel completely satisfied unless I’m taking a whole lot of different ones

Oh, and I’m not recommending anyone combine antidepressants and dxm, I’m just saying that you might be fine iIf you do, everyone’s different. And it makes since if you think about it that different peoples brains could handle higher levels of serotonin without necessarily having serotonin syndrome.

I wonder if me jphaving major depression has anything to do with being able to handle so much extra serotonin

I love mixing drugs, the sum of them all is greater than any of them by themselves. 1+2+3=34, it’s great. I never feel completely satisfied unless I’m taking a whole lot of different ones
This sentiment is one of those things on an at least nominally harm reduction website that proves a quandary.

Mixing drugs feels great, I think many of my best highs have been tailored combos of multiple substances.

But, mixing drugs confounds the pharmacology of each drug. Any drug that is a substrate for a metabolic enzyme will add to the queue, and there are quite a few mechanistic inhibitors that will shut enzymes down for days (like mdma with cyp2d6). The vast majority of overdoses I have read about (and the few close calls I have witnessed) have involved cocktails of drugs behaving idiosyncratically.

Each additional drug in your system will make the other drugs harder to predict, increasing the probability of harm.
I think this fact must not be understated when having conversations about polydrug use (especially when talking about 3+ substances).

This sentiment is one of those things on an at least nominally harm reduction website that proves a quandary.

Mixing drugs feels great, I think many of my best highs have been tailored combos of multiple substances.

But, mixing drugs confounds the pharmacology of each drug. Any drug that is a substrate for a metabolic enzyme will add to the queue, and there are quite a few mechanistic inhibitors that will shut enzymes down for days (like mdma with cyp2d6). The vast majority of overdoses I have read about (and the few close calls I have witnessed) have involved cocktails of drugs behaving idiosyncratically.

Each additional drug in your system will make the other drugs harder to predict, increasing the probability of harm.
I think this fact must not be understated when having conversations about polydrug use (especially when talking about 3+ substances).
Huh, to be honest ive never had any problems with it, I like mixing Valium, lyrica, alcohol, and morphine with a little speed to keep me awake too lol.

I've taken DXM with ondansetron. It was I think 300 mg with just one pill, which I want to say was maybe 4 mg? I'll have to look into that again. My heart raced a little at one point but that was after smoking cannabis once it really kicked in too. It was actually probably the cleanest trip I ever had on DXM and pretty notably psychedelic-like, though still in that weird way. I felt a little too manic for my tastes in that state at one point but that may be a personal problem.

I'm not recommending the combo if there's a potential risk but I will say that I also think that risk might be overstated. I did some brief digging and so far the only connection I've found between ondansetron and serotonin syndrome in an actual case is in a paper titled "A case of serotonin syndrome precipitated by fentanyl and ondansetron in a patient receiving paroxetine, duloxetine, and bupropion." However, fentanyl itself has already been more widely documented than that to be able to induce serotonin syndrome in combination with SSRIs.

I just found another one, titled "Serotonin Syndrome After Administration of Ondansetron During an Esophagogastroduodenoscopy and Balloon Dilatation." It claims: "The patient was on the following home medications, Trazadone, Aspirin, Atorvastatin, Lisinopril, Apixiban, Tamsulosin, Furosemide, Omeprazole, Metoclopramide and Metoprolol. The patient underwent general anesthesia with intubation, induction was achieved using Lidocaine, fentanyl, propofol, rocuronium, succinylcholine, and prior to extubation he was given Ondansetron." Their conclusion: "Ondansetron has been rarely reported as a cause of Serotonin syndrome, in our case it caused serotonin syndrome in a patient who takes Trazadone." Yep, it was definitely that simple....

I'm not saying there's no danger still, but shit.

I ingested this combo numerous times to no ill effect. Definitely changed the DXM high though.

In highschool I had a friend who was mixing opiates with alcohol. I told him it was a dangerous combination. He told me it was just part of the anti drug propaganda. I graduated and left town a couple months later. A few months later I came back to town and heard he died on an accidental overdose of opiates and alcohol.

In highschool I had a friend who was mixing opiates with alcohol. I told him it was a dangerous combination. He told me it was just part of the anti drug propaganda. I graduated and left town a couple months later. A few months later I came back to town and heard he died on an accidental overdose of opiates and alcohol.
I’m sorry for yOur loss. But everybody is different, and there are definitely relatively safe ways to combine multiple downers. I know because I do it regularly, and I’ve rarely had problems doing so. I also keep two narcan nose sprays in the house, activated charcoal, and NAC.

I’ve been mixing drugs like that for a decade. People die from lots of things, car accidents, heroin ods, lightning striking them, rabies, ect. Just because it happens doesn’t mean that riding in a car or injecting heroin is inherently unsafe.

Pardon me for my callousness, but your friend fucked up, it wasn’t the drugs fault that he died, or the mixture, it was his fault. A little narcan in his pocket ready for an accidental od, and he’d be here today.

The fact is, people will always mix drugs, you can’t prevent them from taking the drugs just by saying, don’t do it, it’s always going to randomly kill You or w/e your saying

The correct way to address the issue is to tell people how to safely mix drugs like I do, I’m alive because I research the drugs I do, if more people were taught about how to mix drugs, instead of having fear monger ing bullshit shoved down their throats, there would be a lot less dead people.

Sorry if that hurts your feelings, but harm reduction is more important than anybody’s feelings.

Misinformation kills more surely than any drug combination in existence

@PriestTheyCalledHim same goes to you, all I’ve seen you post on this thread is “don’t do it” no factual information to back that up .org anything. What if everyone posted stuff like that on this thread, Andy because of the lack of direction, I decided to just figure it it myself, And I died. DO you not see how wrong it is now to post shit like that in a harm reduction forum?

I guess I can understand where your both coming from, I think your probably trying to help me.

Last edited:
I ingested this combo numerous times to no ill effect. Definitely changed the DXM high though.
I just found another one, titled "Serotonin Syndrome After Administration of Ondansetron During an Esophagogastroduodenoscopy and Balloon Dilatation." It claims: "The patient was on the following home medications, Trazadone, Aspirin, Atorvastatin, Lisinopril, Apixiban, Tamsulosin, Furosemide, Omeprazole, Metoclopramide and Metoprolol. The patient underwent general anesthesia with intubation, induction was achieved using Lidocaine, fentanyl, propofol, rocuronium, succinylcholine, and prior to extubation he was given Ondansetron." Their conclusion: "Ondansetron has been rarely reported as a cause of Serotonin syndrome, in our case it caused serotonin syndrome in a patient who takes Trazadone." Yep, it was definitely that simple....

I'm not saying there's no danger still, but shit.
I've taken DXM with ondansetron. It was I think 300 mg with just one pill, which I want to say was maybe 4 mg? I'll have to look into that again. My heart raced a little at one point but that was after smoking cannabis once it really kicked in too. It was actually probably the cleanest trip I ever had on DXM and pretty notably psychedelic-like, though still in that weird way. I felt a little too manic for my tastes in that state at one point but that may be a personal problem.

I'm not recommending the combo if there's a potential risk but I will say that I also think that risk might be overstated. I did some brief digging and so far the only connection I've found between ondansetron and serotonin syndrome in an actual case is in a paper titled "A case of serotonin syndrome precipitated by fentanyl and ondansetron in a patient receiving paroxetine, duloxetine, and bupropion." However, fentanyl itself has already been more widely documented than that to be able to induce serotonin syndrome in combination with SSRIs.

These posts are examples of true harm reduction, no misinformation or fear monger ing, just facts, personal experience, and educated guesses.

Honestly, when I see someone fear monger ing, it makes me want to do the combos safely, then write an experience report just to spite them

Fentanyl precipitates serotonin syndrome? Do you remember how it does this? I thought it was just a highly selective opiate agonist, how does it affect serotonin?