• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

OD QUESTION

Tintman1974

Greenlighter
If someone got a hot bag and the amount they did is going overdose them , what type of time frame? If he goes 15 min and no OD is he gtg

That's hard to say.

I'm just going to assume we're not talking about oral usage of Opioids. Judging by your 15 minute question, I'm just guessing that oral usage doesn't make sense.

There are a lot of variables at play regarding overdose. Having other substances on-board is going to change things drastically. Basically, if someone is a poly-drug user and they're using Opioids, Xylazine and/or Alcohol, this means an overdose is very difficult to predict or anticipate.

If you're talking about injecting, insufflating or vaporizing Opioids then the 15 minute mark is going to mean more. I still don't think it's very safe to tell someone "yes, you'll be fine" in a situation like this. It's better to adopt a vigilant disposition and to live that constantly.

Yeah im agreeing with above. Theres so many variables that theres not gonna be a single answer. Whats the ROA? Whats the specific opiate? Are they taking other drugs? Whats their tolerance like? So many things are going to change that. If they blast a good ass bag, nod out for 10 minutes then get up and head out, are they gonna be alright? Maybe, you cant really say for certain. In my experience with things with high potency and shorter half life i was good if i didnt go down within 30 minutes, but ive seen plenty of other people blast a bag of fetty, walk out of a bathroom, go outside, smoke half a cigarette and then just fall over. Like Keif said its best to just live like every situation could lead to that so you're always vigilant. Always have narcan on hand and always watch out for each other, and if you're gonna be using alone try to make sure someone else knows what you're doing so they can come check up on you.

I had a friend die because of that exact scenario. She od'd in a house full of people because she didnt tell anyone else she was using, so when someone checked up on her a bit later and peaked in and she was just laying in bed curled up like she was napping, no one thought any different. But after hours passed and she didnt come down her boyfriend went to see if she was still asleep and found she had taken a shot, laid down to enjoy herself and went out. Had she warned him or anyone else in the house she was going to use and to check up on her they could have made sure she was alright. Its pretty easy to fall through the cracks. My brother od'd in a similar manner, he got some shit and brought it to his overnight shift as a repo man. He was the only one in the office on that shift and he took a shot and went out, when his boss got in in the morning and couldnt find him, he checked the bathroom and couldnt get the door open, when he forced it he found him pushed up against the door when he went out. I still have guilt over that situation because they said he od'd around 1230 at night or so and he had called me around 12:20/12:30, so had i picked up the phone instead of saying "Im in bed ill call him back in the morning" i might have been able to get an ambo to his work before he died. But i didn't, so look out for each other, even if they're a stranger.