• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants (OD?) amphetamine causing vibrations in chest?

Båtmannen

Bluelighter
I wrote this perhaps 2.5 hours ago:
"Hello

I have taken alot of amphetamine. Perhaps 1 g. Not more than normally.

Now, if I feel my pulse in my neck, it's high, but within human limits. I also feel this if I lighly put my hand on my chest, It's about 155 BPM resting.
'
Now, if I squeeze my chest. I hear alot of vibrations, as if 300 BPM. Literally. I feel it just as much on my right side as the left. It's vibrations, beats etc. as if WW2.

I know that I would have a panic attack atm, but I've taken 15 mg zopiclone

What do you think?

... and am still in pretty much the same situation. I'm not going to the ER. No matter what you say, so could you please just answer?

... I'm waiting for this shit to go away.

I mean, sorry. I'm confused. My question is: is it possible these vibrations and hits inside my chest are muscles twitching. I'm checking the puls by my neck all the time and now it's not even 150 BPM anymore. But inside my chest this shit is still on.

I have taken 300 mg pregabalin and perhaps 15 mg olanzapin. I don't have any benso, but I'm fairly sure this will just pass, as it has before ... unless I go up and do something, of course.

I'm not even sure wether I can go to the toilet without my heart bursting.

More olanzapin won't make it worse, right?

I'm already tired, but I still have this in my chest.

In 9 hours I'm going to buy bens. I just hope I can sleep some before then.

Last edited by a moderator:
Avoid taking any more pregabalin as it seems to have a tendency to mess with one's seizure threshold, though this doesn't seem you immediate concern. If you do take more don't exceed a total of around 600mg. I'd also definitely recommend against using alcohol, for the same reason (plus mixing alcohol and pregabalin can turn uncomfortable pretty easily).

You clearly know what you're doing with this stuff, but sometimes the best medicine is the simplest. I really (really) suggest you simply don't use any more stimulants. If by bens you mean benzos, then that's a very good idea.

Try a room temp (not cold or hot) bath or shower, as this helps me (actually a cool shower helps) a lot when I've taken too many stims.

I'm sorry to hear you're going through this Båtmannen, sounds pretty fucking horrible. Close your eyes and focus on your breathing, and if that is too intense try focusing on sound. Remaining calm will go a very long way to seeing your through this unfortunate experience.

As a slight aside, do you normally take so much amphetamines? I assume you're using black market amps, as opposed to pharmaceutical Dexedrine/d-amphetamine or something?

Does anyone know whether the OP taking a beta blocker would help or be dangerous? I used to think it was a helpful aid in taking the edge off my stim use (I've never had a problem taking propranolol with methamp, for instance), but I also seem to remember I stopped doing that after I think I heard it could be a dangerous combo somewhere (something with qt interval or something? I totally forget the specifics).

the vibrations are overstimulated pectorals almost certainly - your pulse is high but not dangerously so
tpd's given you some real solid advice, and i too am sorry that you have to go thru this man
but it will be okay, do you have anyone who could come sit with you or anyone you can call? just a reassuring presence can do wonders for my bpm
take care

Avoid taking any more pregabalin as it seems to have a tendency to mess with one's seizure threshold, though this doesn't seem you immediate concern. If you do take more don't exceed a total of around 600mg. I'd also definitely recommend against using alcohol, for the same reason (plus mixing alcohol and pregabalin can turn uncomfortable pretty easily).

You clearly know what you're doing with this stuff, but sometimes the best medicine is the simplest. I really (really) suggest you simply don't use any more stimulants. If by bens you mean benzos, then that's a very good idea.

Try a room temp (not cold or hot) bath or shower, as this helps me (actually a cool shower helps) a lot when I've taken too many stims.

I'm sorry to hear you're going through this Båtmannen, sounds pretty fucking horrible. Close your eyes and focus on your breathing, and if that is too intense try focusing on sound. Remaining calm will go a very long way to seeing your through this unfortunate experience.

As a slight aside, do you normally take so much amphetamines? I assume you're using black market amps, as opposed to pharmaceutical Dexedrine/d-amphetamine or something?

Does anyone know whether the OP taking a beta blocker would help or be dangerous? I used to think it was a helpful aid in taking the edge off my stim use (I've never had a problem taking propranolol with methamp, for instance), but I also seem to remember I stopped doing that after I think I heard it could be a dangerous combo somewhere (something with qt interval or something? I totally forget the specifics).
Thank you very much for your time! I appreciate it, but what about my actual question about the chest? It's still there. Before I always thought it was my heart, but this time it's impossible, because it would be like the heart_literally_ beating like Slipknot drums. And if that would have been the case - I'd be dead. Right?

What makes me believe it wasn't the heart is that the stomach moved according to the slower puls, measured at my neck.

Althought it was dangerously high anyway: like 155 BPM sitting, relaxing, and when I started typing or something it immediately started going towards and a few times above 200. When I walked a few steps it was like my heart was going to explode, even at the neck.

the vibrations are overstimulated pectorals almost certainly - your pulse is high but not dangerously so
tpd's given you some real solid advice, and i too am sorry that you have to go thru this man
but it will be okay, do you have anyone who could come sit with you or anyone you can call? just a reassuring presence can do wonders for my bpm
take care
Wtf? The pecs are contributing, but it comes from within as well.

I'm still in the panic attack, but when it was at it's height ... it was almost unimaginably terrifying. All I thought about was that I knew my mother were going to hear that I passed away, and she would also find out I failed her by using.

Honestly I don't know what the specific symptoms you described are indicative of. I'd imagine that your sense of perception (1g of amps will mess with our perception after all) has been impacted by the fact you're experiencing so much discomfort right now. I remember when I nearly overdosed on cocaine I thought my heart/chest was going to literally explode, but I have a feeling that had at least as much to do with the anxiety those kinds of heroic doses of stims can bring on than it did anything physiological.

Hopefully others will chime in.

Just noticed the above post. So what I'm saying is that your experience sounds a lot like an acute panic attack brought on by stims. I'm not saying your not in any danger or having other physiological issues right now, but that the panic attack is making it worse (and seem worse) than it would otherwise be. Not that that info helps all that much, as I have a feeling your already aware of what a severe stimulant induced panic attack can be like.

I actually did get some sleep, lol. BUT before that, when I was close to being asleep, I felt a sharp pain through the heart and a rapid loss of consciousness and instantly thought I had an heart attack, but after fighting for a few seconds it went away. The pain went away instantly. Then I started resting again and woke up with no comedown what so ever.

Honestly I don't know what the specific symptoms you described are indicative of. I'd imagine that your sense of perception (1g of amps will mess with our perception after all) has been impacted by the fact you're experiencing so much discomfort right now. I remember when I nearly overdosed on cocaine I thought my heart/chest was going to literally explode, but I have a feeling that had at least as much to do with the anxiety those kinds of heroic doses of stims can bring on than it did anything physiological.

Hopefully others will chime in.

Just noticed the above post. So what I'm saying is that your experience sounds a lot like an acute panic attack brought on by stims. I'm not saying your not in any danger or having other physiological issues right now, but that the panic attack is making it worse (and seem worse) than it would otherwise be. Not that that info helps all that much, as I have a feeling your already aware of what a severe stimulant induced panic attack can be like.
I agree. It got even worse before it went better (I guess it took time for the olanzapine to work), and in the end I couldn't feel my heart at all, unless I felt it at my neck. I had read your post by then so while I was in panic ... I was determined to make it.

Nice work! Glad to hear you are feeling better :) shit like that is always suuuper jarring for me. I hate the anxiety excessive stim use has caused me.

Nice work! Glad to hear you are feeling better :) shit like that is always suuuper jarring for me. I hate the anxiety excessive stim use has caused me.
I had 1 ml left in my syringe It was, perhaps 0,2 street quality. So today I took 1,5 g pregabalin and 24 mg buprenorphine and started feeling better.

So of course I took the last dose. It worked perfectly in the beginning, but now I have something like mixed amphetamine come-down and a weak pregabalin drunkenness,
combined.

I'm thinking of shooting up or parachuting another 1,5 g, to get some sleep. What do you think?

Tommorow is my last day abusing. I'll use 1 g amphetamine and 10 mg Clonazepam. I'm thinking whether I should take the benzo before the speed or vice-versa. Taking it before might weaken the rush, but it will also protect me from cardiac arrest and panic attack.

I vote you just take a little benzo, and sleep some more. How can you be getting any rush now anyway?

Beta blockers can cause a adrenal blockade. Don't mix with high dose stimulants. That would make matters worse.

Benzo's are not beta blockers, if you were responding to me, Mr. King.

I don't see OP mentioning one, either.