• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Cocaine Occasional cocaine use for cognitive insight/perspective/enhancement?

JohnBoy2000

Bluelighter
From an investigative/research point of view, BL focuses primarily on psychedelics for this purpose.

Perhaps there's something to be said for ketamine under these terms as it's claimed even at microdose it can provide that perspective shift/insight.

My personal experience with ketamine is of course consistent with its pharmacology and related neurological effect - it's the opposite of a cognitive enhancer;
It's a downer, slows cognition.
Maybe for some unique insights can be had during the experience, thus applied after the fact, that can lend themselves to subsequent improved cognitive ability;

However, in contrast to methamphetamine where the entire purpose of the drug is specifically cognitive enhancement, I personally experienced no appreciable benefit from a respectably intense ketamine dose/trial.

Foregoing the well publicized harms associated with cocaine, for cognitive purposes specifically, enhancement, mental acuity, perspectives attained during the throws of it's max blood plasma concentration;

Thoughts?

Could it be or has it ever been successfully used for these purposes?

I mean, I've never heard college students using cocaine whilst studying for exams, or soldiers in war time using it for alertness or to improve perceptive sensitivity and vigilance.

Neither have I heard anyone say they accessed a "higher truth" or level of understanding typically un-attainable via day to day psychological states, that we may sometimes hear associated with LSD - whilst, or by way of using the coco derivative.

That being said, I mean I don't have sufficient experience to know with certainty that any of the above are fact, conclusively the case;

🤨

Last edited:
Cocaine has definitely been used to improve alertness in war times or just in fights/shootouts on the "streets".

Some people have found cocaine to be a muse. Freud was one. Thing is, it's almost never sustainable (Freud did had to quit eventually.) See this guy's posts over a couple months for an instructive example about what trying to moderate positive experiences with cocaine look like.

In my experience of coke (both snorting and injecting) it can provide a feeling or sense that something has shifted in reality. I would get like a voice in my head that said something like “Ah. Thank you. I see it all so clearly now”. I got the same feeling injecting some other amps. However with coke the shift is really towards the narcissistic tendencies in one’s personality. I also believe that it substantially reduces your situational awareness.

You can become hyper vigilant but only about whatever thing your attention is focussed on rather than your entire surroundings - again a common occurrence on amphetamine-type stimulants also. The other problem is that it is so moreish. It’s damn near impossible not to work your way through a whole bag once you start.

I don’t see any real merit in trying to utilise cocaine as a nootropic.

Reactions: SKL
Didn't Freud link every idea to dicks or am I thinking of someone else? Either way, Freud had some wild ideas, probably from using a lot of clean coke

Cocaine can only be used very infrequently to stay safe from addiction and the horrible change in personality that comes about when someone’s balls deep in the stuff.

I was addicted when I was younger but have somewhat successfully (minus one fuck up a couple falls ago) been able to use it sparingly since. Part of it comes down to not seeking it out like I used to, so I only rarely see it. And as many know, it’s the kinda drug you can forget about til it’s right in front of you, then your drooling...

I wouldn’t say there’s much insightful to it, beyond giving you a depressing perspective on life. Me and my buddy discussed this, cocaine does have somewhat of a psychedelic vibe to it. It increases thoughts and offers a new perspective on your current issues, they’re just really negative thoughts and only useful to certain individuals that find motivation in those moments of despair. (The comedown period..)

These days it’s a drug I like to use for sex. Snorting lines and edging is next level. It’s pure hedonism, and I love it.

-GC