• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

RCs O-Desmethyltramadol

I guess i never responded to this but the M1 metabolite actually retains little of the serotonergic properties of tramadol (having only a fraction of the affinity for the serotonin transporter). This, combined with its much higher potency as an opioid, means that serotonin syndrome isn't much of a risk with O-DSMT. So in that regard it is quite abit safer than tramadol. More likely to result in a fatal overdose however.
Yea, I was just about to reply this. The M1 of tramadol (also known as O-DSMT) doesn't have much serotonergic activity at all.

Mannn.... seriously don’t go down this road. You’re gonna regret it.
I really regret deciding to try O-DSMT aswell. I had been juggling between Codeine, Dihydrocodeine and Tramadol for a few years and never had any real problems with physical addiction. At some point I wasn't able to obtain codeine/DHC anymore and ran out of tramadol for the month. I remember hearing about O-DSMT being sold before and looked it up not expecting it to be still "legal". When I saw that it was I was like "well, atleast it won't have as much SNRI activity as tramadol so its probably more healthy anyway". What I wasn't ready for is how much stronger of an opiate it really is, without even being as euphoric as tramadol. I always staggered my tramadol doses and the good feelings would slowly build up, the problem with O-DSMT is for me that I can just take a bigger dose instantly and suddenly all my problems disappear... On top of that, O-DSMT is way more functional for me and eventhough it also gives some energy because of it's NRI qualities I don't look so "wired" as I would on a high dose of tramadol.

How does tapentadol compare to tramadol? Both for painkilling effects and recreationally?

I’d never really come across it before, but recently seen it around a bit.

Does it have a dose that you shouldn’t exceed in a 24 hour period for increased seizure risk like tramadol does? I tried looking for that info but couldn’t find it.

How does tapentadol compare to tramadol? Both for painkilling effects and recreationally?

I’d never really come across it before, but recently seen it around a bit.

Does it have a dose that you shouldn’t exceed in a 24 hour period for increased seizure risk like tramadol does? I tried looking for that info but couldn’t find it.
Tapentadol is a great analgesic it’s not very recreational though which makes it attractive to Drs currently.

It doesn’t have the same SNRI issues as tramadol. 500mg max dose in 24 hours.

Tapentadol is a great analgesic it’s not very recreational though which makes it attractive to Drs currently.

Thanks for that. It’s not something I plan on trying, have just been curious seeing it pop up a bit lately.

Have you tried it? I've heard it to be similarly recreational to tramadol/ODSMT. I know in the past people claimed tramadol to be less recreational and addictive than other opiates/opioids too. I found the opposite to be true :). Its also a more stimulating opioid considering it has NRI properties.

Have you tried it? I've heard it to be similarly recreational to tramadol/ODSMT. I know in the past people claimed tramadol to be less recreational and addictive than other opiates/opioids too. I found the opposite to be true :). Its also a more stimulating opioid considering it has NRI properties.
I’m prescribed it and I’ll be honest, I’ve weird metabolism and I don’t feel high from any opiate and I’ve had a lot (chronic pain patient). I did feel high with tramadol because of the SNRI. It was a dirty high though and I asked to be taken off them.

But a lot of people I’ve spoken to all say that tapentadol isn’t recreational. It’s also made to be less recreational.

I really regret deciding to try O-DSMT aswell. I had been juggling between Codeine, Dihydrocodeine and Tramadol for a few years and never had any real problems with physical addiction. At some point I wasn't able to obtain codeine/DHC anymore and ran out of tramadol for the month. I remember hearing about O-DSMT being sold before and looked it up not expecting it to be still "legal". When I saw that it was I was like "well, atleast it won't have as much SNRI activity as tramadol so its probably more healthy anyway". What I wasn't ready for is how much stronger of an opiate it really is, without even being as euphoric as tramadol. I always staggered my tramadol doses and the good feelings would slowly build up, the problem with O-DSMT is for me that I can just take a bigger dose instantly and suddenly all my problems disappear... On top of that, O-DSMT is way more functional for me and eventhough it also gives some energy because of it's NRI qualities I don't look so "wired" as I would on a high dose of tramadol.

Yes I agree tramadol is more euphoric than O-DSMT.

However O-DSMT takes on a different character when IV'd, becoming quite euphoric due to the onset. Also a bit compulsive.

Wouldn't recommend it though. I IVd a gram over the course of an evening and felt horrible the next day, poisoned feeling. It was so off-putting that I told myself I'd never inject a drug ever again. I actually kept to it haven't inject anything since (and its about 10 years now).