• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Nyquil

Inds

Bluelighter
Friend has talked about getting some cool highs with this stuff and visiting wonderland when he drifts to sleep. I couldnt find nyquill nighttime so I bought something called equate which looks like it (green liquid, some alcohol content) and was wondering if this stuff will do?
Ingredients as follows: (per 30mL)

Dextromethorphan Hydrobromide 30mg
Doxylamine Succinate 12.5mg
Acetaminophen 650mg
Alcohol (says it's 'non-medicinal ingredient', lmao)

The whole bottle is 350mL. Is this close enough to nyquill nighttime? If so, what's a safe dose? Half the bottle maybe? I weigh 150 pounds.

For 1 thing that’s way too much Tylenol in there to take in one go. I would just return the bottle and get a dextromethorphan hbr ONLY product like the gel caps and take ~300mg’s. That would be the safer option to trip. And better.

OP, are you in the US? If so then I think what you've got is the Walmart (or maybe it's Target) generic for NyQuil.

Nod A lot is exactly right--your bottle has too much Tylenol in it to do what you want...you'd poison your liver before you got very high off of it. I second his advice, if this is something you want to experiment with, look for something whose only active ingredient is dextromethorphan

Robitussin non drowsy has no acetaminophen in it to harm your liver. Gell caps are also sold but I think they're really expensive.

Thanks guys for the warning, I won't chug the bottle now but I'll take small amounts since I am sick with the flu currently. I'll ask my friend for the exact bottle he chugged so many times and warn him about the acetaminophen poisoning. He's been doing this for years tho and seems fine aside from bladder issues.

I don't live in the US but I did get Equate from Target, how did you know?

DO NOT take dxm with other active ingredients!! Especially acetaminophen! Don't take it, it's a very big risk. It isn't that hard to find cough syrup DXM only... try robotussin dry (i live in UK so i get benylin dry cough instead).

And just because your friend says it's fine, doesn't mean you'll be fine but he must be doing some long term liver damage if he takes high doses of this often. I'm suprised he hasn't had any noticeable problems yet.

An 8hr high isn't worth the risk! If you want to try DXM, find a DXM only product, and also check the DXM faq by wiliam white... excellent stuff and it includes a list of cough syrups that are safe to use and not safe to use (recreationally).

Please don't try it with that product as it's unsafe. :)

Advice well noted, I will tread carefully. I'm baffled by how nice and concerned everyone here is. Best community ever. This is my first time posting outside of Bluelight's MDMA section and there is noticeably more warmness here. So much for MDMA making you more empathic and lovey, lol.

We junkies, pillpoppers, and powder sniffers are pretty good people too. We may rob you for heroin though. :)