• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Nyquil & Valium together....safe? Advice please.

RavenW

Greenlighter
Hi!!!

Thanks for reading this. I have a really bad cold & take Valium (prescribed) every day. I want to take the nighttime Nyquil also. Should I be concerned? Is it safe? Up to how much is safe? I have a high tolerance to Valium, just so you know.

I could really use some help. I called the pharmacist but she was of no help. So I'm turning to all of you. I'd appreciate your advice very much!!! I wouldn't want to accidentally od.

Thank you!!! Hope you have a nice day!!!
Raven

As long as the doses aren't excessive, that combo is safe, gonna make you wanna sleep alot with the combo of doxylamine(anti-histamine in Nyquil that makes people very drowsy)and diazepam.

Agreed with RDP89, the antihistamine in combination with your diazepam are going to make you relatively groggy the next day, but you should have no problems otherwise

Hi,

Thanks for responding!!! I appreciate your answers.

I'm very sick, swigging from the Nyquil. Anyone have any idea how much would be too much? I have 2 bottles of Nyquil. I take the valium so I can just sleep thru this terrible cold.

Thank you!!! Hope you have a good night!!!!
Raven

the nyquil isnt enough for sleep? nyquil is actually quite good for sleep by itself
thread lightly because diff variations if not all versions of liquid nyquil contain alcohol which in combination with diazepam can really fuck you up if you take to much of either one
i would add in a multivitamin to help you get through the cold

It's pretty much safe to say that if you're on a regular diazepam dosage that you'll be fine with therapeutic levels of Nyquil. By fine I mean probably won't have any adverse health effects from it.... Sleeping through your alarm in the morning on the other hand, is a very real possibility, lol. Hope you get to feeling better soon!

Thank you all for your help!!! Hope you have a great Thursday!!! :)

Best Wishes!!!

Hi,

I'm very sick, swigging from the Nyquil. Anyone have any idea how much would be too much? I have 2 bottles of Nyquil. I take the valium so I can just sleep thru this terrible cold.

Don't exceed four doses within a 24 hour period. Use the measure cup and don't swig it. Nyquil also contains acetaminophen and using too much can be harmful to your liver so you have to be careful not to over-do it. Hope you feel better soon!

That's so raven.

What are you doing to get your body back to not being sick.

Hi,

Thank you for your best wishes T. Hope you have a good night!!!

Take care!!