***NYE Safety Guide (please read)***

liquidocean

Bluelighter
Hey, just want to make sure there are no catastrophies this NYE with anyone i know.
Please don't risk potential arrest, car accidents, death, injury, or massive drama just because you had a momentary lapse of reason.
Please take the following tips in stride and add your own:
Keep drugs hidden, stashed, and discrete.
Avoid holding drugs while on them.
Don't drive if at all possible, not only is it dangerous, you could hit a checkpoint.
Make a sign saying "going to ____, split cab?"
Get an address of a friend's place that's close in case you need to crash for a while.
Find the number of someone that's chillin' with a s/o in case you need an emergency ride. I'm sure they'll prefer that to you risking yourself.
Don't carry anything illegal on your person.
Know your dosage.
Buy before you go out. Avoid buying and selling the night of. At the very best, it will be messy, at the worst you could get DXM and ruin your night. Think about it!!!!
Don't make it a night to experiment with ghb. If you're used to it, don't do more than you usually do.
Don't overdo it!!! This is not a night to prove yourself, or to go macho.
Be here now. It makes the night so much smoother and keeps people from wanting things they don't need.
Don't sell to people, please. There's going to be so many amateur partyers out that you're not going to be able to distinguish between them and undercover cops. Not that i think cops will be busy with that, but you never know.
Pack some rubbers. You may not need them, but someone will. Hand them out.
Look very carefully before crossing the street, and make sure none of your group is wandering into the street when they shouldn't be. Remain vigilant about this. In SF lots of people die because of this.
Stay with trusted friends and make a meeting spot in case of dispersal. A tall recognizable central spot is good. Tell people to meet there on the hour or half-hour if you get split up. Color-coded lightsticks and blinky things are great as well.
Girls, if you're pretty high, get a friend's approval before going off with some guy.
Guys, take care of girls, make sure they don't get into uncomfortable situations.
Lastly, carry a piece of paper with your address, contact info, and a couple friends' info just in case you pass out or anything.
I love you all and wish you the best. Please add to this and keep it alive. I know it's pretty anal but i wish the best for everyone, and it's very possible to party responsibly and hard.

dood, that list was really awesome. made me really think about tomarrow. twas to be a night of much excess, but i really should take it easy. everyone, remember, the key is to be safe while having fun. brighten some peoples night:
-buy extra masks and vapo to give away to complete strangers.
-buy a bucket of beads, so elastic string, and some letter beads, and make bracelets and necklaces for the people you meet.
-give out free hugs
-tell someone they are beautiful.
-fall in love
-kiss someone at midnight. whether its a long passionate kiss with someone you love, or a quick peck on the cheek with someone you just met, mkae this new years special.
------------------
Open your eyes
See all the love in me
I got enough for ever.
Don't be afraid
Take all you need from me
And we'll be strong together.
-The Artist Formerly Known As EckstahsE

Thanks Spence, don't want to be all dry and stuff, just know that people tend to go on benders and go overboard. So much easier to have fun when everything's in control. Thanks for the boost.
smile.gif

liquidocean and the Spencer formerly known as Ecks... you both are the coolest. Thanks for the advice.
smile.gif

Got my candy bracelets and mucho random hugz ready.
smile.gif
Still gotta make the split a cab sign and id info card tho...
~*~ Ashke, typing this from one of those cyber coffee shop places ~*~