• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

NY doctor, NJ medical marijuana?

charlie bucket

Greenlighter
Hello!

I've always gone to doctors in new york and lived in new jersey, and as I'm sure many of you know, medical marijuana is legal in NJ and not NY. I was wondering if it would be legal for my NY doctor to prescribe me marijuana, for me to fill in NJ where I am a resident.

Thanks

Hello!

I've always gone to doctors in new york and lived in new jersey, and as I'm sure many of you know, medical marijuana is legal in NJ and not NY. I was wondering if it would be legal for my NY doctor to prescribe me marijuana, for me to fill in NJ where I am a resident.

Thanks

Good morning Charlie,

At this current time that would not be a feasible option. As per state law the doctor writing your recommendation (the term prescription is designated SPECIFICALLY for schedule 2 substances) MUST be from the state whose medical marijuana program you wish to participate in. If you would like to find a closer more local doctor in the state of New Jersey who is willing to work with you and ultimately write you the recommendation I would advise that you visit our website https://www.marijuanadoctors.com/medical-marijuana-doctors/NJ and see if there is a doctor in our network close to you that you wouldn't mind working with.