View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Nutmeg bad experience?

cowardescent

Bluelighter
I tried Nutmeg in June of this year, 2 months ago and It was pretty f*cked up to be honest (in a good and bad way). Did not expect the reaction I had. I took it at around 18:30PM and ate half the bottle with some juice and sour sweets. Felt uncomfortably full and had the bad taste but felt nothing so I decided to have a nap until my parents came home.

This time my parents (mom went to her night-work and dad was at a bar) weren't home so I woke up at around 12:00PM. I felt 'stoned' at the time. Funny because I had smoked weed once before but did it incorrectly so I only got time dilation and hearing a few voices but no "recreational high". I decided to go to the living room and it felt like that marijuana high but so intense. Every time I zoned out, I just felt completely disconnected from space and time. I got some Pringles and juice to eat and was surprised at how tasty they were. Heightened tastes like I read with cannabis (note, I know it's not anything compared to cannabis but similar to what I read). I also watched some John Oliver on Comedy Central and found myself actually laughing literally every time at crappy jokes...lol. The best experience though was when I went back to my room and listened to music. I started hearing extra musical beats in songs which I knew were not there when I heard them sober. Funny thing is I saw weird ass visuals. A Windows OS desktop that was made out of beans popped in my mind...wtf? 8o

Here's where it got bad, I started feeling nauseous from the nutmeg that I ate along with the meal just a few minutes before and started getting a panic attack. It was the worst in my life. I switched off the music and turned off the lights but could feel my heart beating. I thought I was LITERALLY about to die from vomiting. I had to call the Ambulance to take me to the ER because I couldn't calm myself down. I've never panicked like that every before even when I was embarrassed in front of my 9th grade class.

They did some urine tests and told me that I'd taken weed even though that wasn't the case (they actually got mad for not admitting despite me telling them if I had weed, I wouldn't have taken nutmeg). My red droopy eyes and slurry voice didn't help my position at all. Eventually they gave me a free taxi ride back to the hospital and I arrived back at 07:00AM having spent 7 hours mostly asleep there. When I got to my bed, I took a nap for 10 more hours and when I woke up I felt surprisingly refreshed (almost like taking an anti-psychotic).

Anyone had a similar trip?

I find it interesting that you pissed dirty for cannabis and nutmeg has a cannabis like feel to it, possibly some unknown cannabinoids in there I wonder??

-GC

Fuckin hell, eating nutmeg as a naive teenager was one of the worst experiences of my life. Me and a few mates had bought a 50g packet of powdered nutmeg each and we proceeded to eat it all one evening with a spoon. That in itself was horrible - nearly 2 ounces of dry disgusting shit. But nothing happened - until I went home and tried to get to sleep. The world started spinning and I felt like I was falling off (imagine the worst whitey you've had then multiply it tenfold). Then I started vomiting whilst still spinning. This continued for over 24 hours before it finally subsided. I never got medical attention because I didn't dare tell my parents - they just thought I'd caught a bug.

In short, it's not worth the effort and is very hepatotoxic.

Nutmeg is one of the grossest ways anybody can try get high. I tried this once when I was a naive teenager. Ate loads and loads of the stuff. The nutmeg burps afterwards were disgusting, to say the least. I don't recall feeling any different either.