• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

NSAIDS Which one?

FN57

Greenlighter
Which nsaid kicks in the fastest out of these four ketorolac, meloxicam, ibuprofen, or naproxen. Also, which of those four's effects are generally felt the longest?

I believe naproxen lasts the longest I'm pretty sure it's the active ingredient in aleive which is said to last 12 hours

As for which one kicks in the fastest I don't think it really matters as they all kick in close to each other to the point that the few mins won't matter tho if u want them to kick in faster eat something small like some crackers or something and then take the medicine, u don't want to take them on an empty stomach as that can upset it and most don't work well unless u eat something with it

I'm not sure if that is all 100% correct but I'm pretty sure it is your best bet would be to go to your local pharmacy and ask the pharmaciest there what the best would be for whatever your situation is and they could probably give you the best answer

Meloxicam is generally dosed 7.5mg twice daily or 15mg once daily with a half life of around 20hrs. I do not think there is a huge difference in time to effect either, but ketoralac provides superior pain relief.