Now open for business: Bluelight Journals

Status
Not open for further replies.
sweet! one problem tho.. when entering an entry, i get this when i click submit (but it still submits and works:

line 10

error: 'entry.value' is null or not an object

peace and big up

thanks to everyone that worked on these things. easy to use, look good, and fit right in with the rest of BL =)

it'd be cool if urls are automatically parsed into links too..

cool feature tho :D

i hate to play devil's advocate

but this feature might be retroactive to this community's well being.

if people post information on certain subjects, that information is readable to anyone who has an email address and the minute or two to create the account... which could be anybody...

maybe it is good to be open.. but sometimes we just need to watch what we say in public.. and this.. well.. is public.

just my 2c...

otherwise i think it's cool.. i'll be using it.. probably just post endless nothings.. ramblings.. thoughts.. feelings..

nothinginside said:
probably just post endless nothings.. ramblings.. thoughts.. feelings..

well, the lounge might go out of business. :)

alasdair

awesome work guys :)

(except it might mean the death of my real blog, sadly. i think i'll let them fight it out - may the best blog win! :))

Things are shaping up well, everything looks good!

Very popular!!

just curious..
is there a way to get email notification of a comment like a PM deal? cuz i think right now it only says how many comments at the top...and say if you have a LOT of entries its gonna be hard to go back to check all the entries to see who commented where?

i love them personally :D

*adds RSS feed for every single BL blog....*

This is a great idea and kudos to all those who made this possible (*how* is this even possible?).

Just to endorse the warnings in the original post: I nearly got fired for comments made in my own weblog about my work. People will quite possibly read what you write - make it vague enough that it couldn't be traced back to you (or more importantly, your employer).

Journal Not Found
The user does not have a journal at Bluelight, or has their journal disabled.

If you feel you have received this message in error, please contact the server administrators.
In your message, please include the URL and the error message you received.

I get this error when I try to click my journal from the full list of members. WTF?

^ Well guess what, we just made it so it has bugs, no need to act bitchy about it...

At this point you have your journal disabled so I can't fix it, it's probably due to the * Characters * in your username (although I tested it on CMB and that worked).

Simon said:
Just to endorse the warnings in the original post: I nearly got fired for comments made in my own weblog about my work. People will quite possibly read what you write - make it vague enough that it couldn't be traced back to you (or more importantly, your employer).

Very good advice, I often write about work in my journals and I'm lucky enough that the Managing Director of this company considers herself "hip with todays evolving culture" don't ask, I didn't

It's amazing how easily people forget what they write anywhere online could be traced back to them.

tHIS IS A REALLY GREAT IDEA, THANKS TO THE PEOPLE WHO MADE THIS POSSIBLE!!! i KNOW i'VE GOT MY CAPS LOCK ON AND IT MAKES ME LOOK LIKE A RETARD BUT THAT'S OKAY.

Seriously, big ups to all involved, it's really appreciated. Now I have even more things to waste my time on Bluelight on.

skydancer...i was just curious on your opinion on what i said above...because as people are writing more and more entries its gonna be diffucult with the comments. i brought it up with BA and he agreed. i was curious if you had any ideas on this :) otherwise i looooove it hehe

can we get comment notification, and fix bluelight email. It needs to be my one stop interent experince. Throw in an internet search bar, and movie times. And i'll go nowhere else.

*Edit*

Shama is a moron. Carry on.

Status
Not open for further replies.