View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Novice Acid / LSD question

ros1816

Bluelighter
Hi, I've just got hold of some acid and am keen to sample it. Did mushrooms 7 times about 10 years ago and loved them. Have done lots of mdma, coke and bit of ketamine in past year.

For my first time would it be ok to take it in the house on saturday morning, with my girlfriend there to look after me?

Will I be alright to work on Monday? Was thinking if I take at 10:00 am I will be asleep by 02:00 am Sunday ...

Will I have an ok time given it's just me and my straight girlfriend (she won't be on anything and will just be invigilating and she is happy with this!)? I was thinking that it might not be a great experience just around the house rather than out in nature and with friends - but it's still winter here in the UK and no friends are available for the next month or two to take it.

Is my plan of staying in the house and chilling out on it a sound one?

Sorry if a long post for such a basic question!

Cheers guys

You definitely should yea you may be a little tired but that should be all.
You probably will be able to sleep more by midnight or even earlier on sunday
If she's ok with you tripping and you trust her then I don't see why not, but when it's just you tripping sometimes you may wanna be alone with your thoughts and as long as she is able to understand that and not get offended or think you are trying to ignore or avoid her then there shouldn't be a problem

PS I have had stomach problems in recent years (as opposed to when I took shrooms years ago) so was thinking of doing it on an empty stomach - ie wake up and take it on an empty stomach. Good idea?

Good plan! I always get a bit stir-crazy staying inside the house, you might end up wanting to go out for a stroll at some point, but I think you'll have a great trip.

PS I have had stomach problems in recent years (as opposed to when I took shrooms years ago) so was thinking of doing it on an empty stomach - ie wake up and take it on an empty stomach. Good idea?

I get nauseous very easily on most drugs but I found acid to be very neutral on my stomach.
However I also noticed that the best way to combat nausea is to actually have food in your stomach, something light and easy to digest such as grains or cereal.
Perhaps some ginger root tea would help as well.
I have only had bad experiences with taking drugs on an empty stomach generally, and it really hurts when you end up having to vomit anyway but there's nothing in your stomach to throw up

Great thanks for replies - it's all quite exciting but Im also prepared for having either massive stomach problems or just finding it disappointing/boring haha!

Thanks Holy Toast I hadnt considered it might make me want to be alone - I thought I might need the social buzz of a few good friends!

Hopefully I can stay in the house and not get too stir crazy

Ok Im going to hedge my bits with some toast - hopefully food in the stomach doesnt stop the drugs working or make it take a long time to kick in

I should stop overthinking things - Ive always been good on drugs in the past (apart from cannabis paranoia!)

You definitely seem to be overthinking things which is not necessarily a bad thing when approaching a new drug.
When my stomach is empty I can feel LSD in maybe a half hour, probably an hour on a full stomach, but it should never stop the drugs from having effect.
And I would guess that you will want social interaction on LSD but there are times where you wanna lay down for a little bit and have some time to yourself.
As long as you have things to do such as movies or a nature walk or something of the like I don't imagine you will get to stir crazy

You should be fine and lysergamides are one of the least nauseating psys. Enjoy!

You should be fine by monday, that's plenty of time. Having just you and your girlfriend, indoors where you have everything you need, her being sober, sounds like the perfect recipe for an eye opening experience. I find the more people around me and the further I am from creature comforts, the worse the trip is.

But, keep in mind, I hate people on a general scale, I have anxiety in any crowds (even sober) and I HATE tripping outdoors where I have to search for a place to shit, or can't lay down, or can't change the temp, or can't just snuggle under a blanket and listen to vinyl. I'm a homebody by nature. You might not be.

Also, I'd eat a decent meal before hand, as if it's truly LSD you wont be eating for a good 12 hours unless you force yourself. That helps you feel less strung out.

IDK I can eat a lot during my trips, acid munchies are the shiiiiit
Everything you eat is like a new adventure

^ i can eat like fruit and vegetables and candy and shit, grains but meat sucks on acid IMO.

I wouldn't want something as chewy as meat, maybe some homemade roast chicken though, but that's probably just my current hunger talking haha

I can NOT eat on acid, total appetite killer. I'm with 240sxLover and like to make sure I'm well nourished beforehand for the same reason mentioned, so that I'm not completely strung out and worn out by the end.

I can eat on psys (other than those witch make me too nauseous), the taste/smell/texture of the food is a very interesting experience. However it's true that I don't usually get very hungry nor have a desire for huge meals. I guess it's again an individual thing.

LSD can be absorbed sublingually if you hold it in your mouth, between your gums and cheek. In theory the food in your stomach then shouldn't slow or stop some of the LSD from absorbing. However in general taking psychedelics with a full stomach doesn't seem to work quite as well for me (certainly with drugs that are taken orally this is true). What I like to do is eat a good meal a few hours beforehand, enough time for the food to have moved on from sitting in a lump in your stomach. Again it probably doesn't matter so much for LSD as long as you don't swallow the tab right away.

I think you should head outside at least for a little bit, at least once... I always get the most from being outside. But inside should be fine too.

Have fun! :)

LSD can be absorbed sublingually if you hold it in your mouth, between your gums and cheek. In theory the food in your stomach then shouldn't slow or stop some of the LSD from absorbing. However in general taking psychedelics with a full stomach doesn't seem to work quite as well for me (certainly with drugs that are taken orally this is true). What I like to do is eat a good meal a few hours beforehand, enough time for the food to have moved on from sitting in a lump in your stomach. Again it probably doesn't matter so much for LSD as long as you don't swallow the tab right away.

I think you should head outside at least for a little bit, at least once... I always get the most from being outside. But inside should be fine too.

Have fun! :)
I always have a healthy fear of the outside world lol. Doors have been a heavy theme in my trips hahahah.

I like switching from inside to outside on lsd :) the change in surroundings feels like... like changing the chanel on a TV or teleworking to a different world and gets me all excited inside :p
Ussualy I'll be in or out then I'll get the sudden urge to do an activity. Such as being inside and getting the urge to go lay on the grass.

Sounds like you're well prepared OP. Have a good trip!
Does your girlfriend have plans to do it with you on a later date?