• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Nothing works and still in pain...

Turbojezzus

Greenlighter
So to start I suppose I will tell everyone how everything started. [BTW long time reader (love the site!), first time poster]

So several years ago after many MRIs and X-rays and etc, it was confirmed that I have four herniated disks (3 lumbar and one cervical) and four bulging disks (two lumbar and two cervical). If you are interested in how this happened it all started with joining the varsity wresting team my freshman year of HS. I was six feet tall and weighed 96 pounds.(It was a pretty funny thing to look at! It's okay to laugh.) During that year of wrestling I was benching at least 150 pounds if not more every day at the gym and even broke two ribs at a wrestling match, which apparently never healed right because they are now displaced. I also feel that it is necessary to state that back and neck problems run in my family. The next year is when I started noticing pain in my back and neck, and ever since then the pain has been getting progressively worse.
Eventually I could not take the pain anymore so I decided to see a pain management doctor, the first thing the doctor put me on was perc 5. (up to this point I had never taken painkillers or any type of drug in my life except for antidepressants because at the time I wanted to kill myself) These percocets had absolutely no effect on me what so ever!! (even after tripling up!) So the doctor came to the conclusion that I am Naturally Opioid Tolerant! (How fucked up is that?) After that I was put on a mixture of fentanyl patches 50 mcg/hr to be changed every 72 hours and perc 7.5 for breakthrough. For the first few weeks this seemed to take the edge off so I was able to function at around 50%. It wasn't long until the full force of the pain came back, and that it when I started to chew or suck on the gel inside the patches, this seemed to work great for a bit. Eventually my dose was upped to 50 mcg/hr every 48 hrs (thats 15 patches a month), and the perc 7.5, but this time I was also given a special ketamine compound topical cream. Finally the pain was bearable and I felt like my old self!

Eventually I was taken off of all narcotics, and not because the reason you think! They did not show up in my urine test because my older brother started stealing from me. After that the doctor had me on Suboxone which was okay at first, but to be honest I hated taking them because they gave me headaches and the taste was so bad for me. So since then I have been in constant pain every day.

I have also tried muscle relaxers (Soma 350mg), but even after taking three of them nothing happens. And the same thing seemed to happen with yay, and it was not a bad batch because everyone else I was with said it was great, but for me 1.5g and nothing! (Only done yay twice before) Even trigger point injections, facet blockers, epidurals, and radio-frequency did not work for me. I have also tried dilaudid, xanax, focalin, and adderal, but had no affect on me. And even after snorting 90mg of roxi nothing happened at all. Absolutely no effect.

My questions are:
1. Does anyone know why no drug at all works on me?
2. Does anyone have any ideas of what I should do for the pain?
3. Is there a certain drug that I should try? (Weed is out of the question due to a promise I made to my late grandfather that I intend to keep)

Sorry for making this so long, but any help at all will be greatly appreciated!
Thank you

I have also tried dilaudid, xanax, focalin, and adderal, but had no affect on me.

Well, obviously they didn't have any effect on your pain.... they're not painkillers or muscle relaxants, I don't see what relevance they have to your question :?

As for the other stuff, you've sorta answered your own question. Bear in mind when I say all this - I'm not a doctor, I just struggle with pain management. You said 50 mcg/hr fent every 48 hrs, perc 7.5, and ketamine compound topical cream worked for you - how come you were taken off narcotics if it was working?

I don't really understand why a doc would prescribe fentanyl and such a low dose of oxy concurrently, it'd make as much sense to give you fent and paracetamol imho. Fentanyl is so strong that there aren't many other opiates that are regularly prescribed that would work any better than upping a fent dose. Fentanyl seems to be a favourite to prescribe, in terms of stupidly strong painkillers.

Perhaps the variable was the ketamine topical cream, if you find that opiates don't really work for your pain (a lot of the time they never really leave anyone totally pain-free anyway, they just dull it a lot). Considering ketamine topical cream is non-narcotic, maybe you should work on getting your doc to prescribe it again. It probably wouldn't be all that difficult, not like anyone's out there eating a bunch of k cream (well, I hope not)

If you're still on antidepressants, take a look at this thread http://www.bluelight.org/vb/threads/108959-Antidepressants-and-Recreational-Drugs-%28long!%29 because they do interact with a surprising amount of recreational drugs in different ways. I found that while on a heterocyclic antidepressant it blocked any effects of my opiates.

Good luck, hope you find something that helps.

Eventually I could not take the pain anymore so I decided to see a pain management doctor, the first thing the doctor put me on was perc 5. (up to this point I had never taken painkillers or any type of drug in my life except for antidepressants because at the time I wanted to kill myself) These percocets had absolutely no effect on me what so ever!! (even after tripling up!) So the doctor came to the conclusion that I am Naturally Opioid Tolerant! (How fucked up is that?) After that I was put on a mixture of fentanyl patches 50 mcg/hr to be changed every 72 hours and perc 7.5 for breakthrough. For the first few weeks this seemed to take the edge off so I was able to function at around 50%. It wasn't long until the full force of the pain came back, and that it when I started to chew or suck on the gel inside the patches, this seemed to work great for a bit. Eventually my dose was upped to 50 mcg/hr every 48 hrs (thats 15 patches a month), and the perc 7.5, but this time I was also given a special ketamine compound topical cream. Finally the pain was bearable and I felt like my old self!

And even after snorting 90mg of roxi nothing happened at all. Absolutely no effect.

Sorry for making this so long, but any help at all will be greatly appreciated!
Thank you

Well, there is your answer. Fentanyl is basically the strongest opiate prescribed, and you were abusing your patches, and then you are wondering why 90mg of oxy isn't doing anything?

You may have had a bit of a natural tolerance in the beginning, but make no mistake, you now have a large tolerance because you abused your fentanyl patches and have built a tolerance.

That's how opiates work, the more you take them, the less effective they get, and abusing fentanyl is the number 1 way to skyrocket your tolerance.

Ya if you were gumming fent patches then you jacked up your tolerance and 90 mg of oxy is likely to do little for you, that is not being naturally opiate tolerant, you used an opiate and you gained a tolerance, so that is a false statement. Sure, certain people are naturally more or less tolerant to the effects of opiates. A lot of that involves metabolism, physical shape, weight, etc. But no one is so naturally tolerant to get no effect from 90 mg of oxycodone. But logn sory short, you built a huge tolerance from the fentanyl patches and you either need to stop using any opiates for a long period of time to get your tolerance back down or find a dr who will understand what you've done and prescribe an ungodly high dose of some opiate med(good luck with that these days, its is very unlikely). Otherwise I can't advise anything that is legal and I won't do so, either.

BTW, it is really ass-backwards to make a promise to someone to not smoke weed and in place of it abuse highly addictive and life destroying opiates. I would guess your grandfather wasn't too clued into the drug scene. Just like most old guys he probably called weed dope and thought it was the product of the devil. If he was aware that weed has is far more safe and reasonable to use than opiate medications then he would probably rethink this decision. I know my grandfather was from the school of thought that it was fine as long as a doctor prescribed it and his dr was some sort of bastions of knowledge to which he would put all his faith in.

Well, obviously they didn't have any effect on your pain.... they're not painkillers or muscle relaxants, I don't see what relevance they have to your question :?

As for the other stuff, you've sorta answered your own question. Bear in mind when I say all this - I'm not a doctor, I just struggle with pain management. You said 50 mcg/hr fent every 48 hrs, perc 7.5, and ketamine compound topical cream worked for you - how come you were taken off narcotics if it was working?

I don't really understand why a doc would prescribe fentanyl and such a low dose of oxy concurrently, it'd make as much sense to give you fent and paracetamol imho. Fentanyl is so strong that there aren't many other opiates that are regularly prescribed that would work any better than upping a fent dose. Fentanyl seems to be a favourite to prescribe, in terms of stupidly strong painkillers.

Perhaps the variable was the ketamine topical cream, if you find that opiates don't really work for your pain (a lot of the time they never really leave anyone totally pain-free anyway, they just dull it a lot). Considering ketamine topical cream is non-narcotic, maybe you should work on getting your doc to prescribe it again. It probably wouldn't be all that difficult, not like anyone's out there eating a bunch of k cream (well, I hope not)

If you're still on antidepressants, take a look at this thread http://www.bluelight.org/vb/threads/108959-Antidepressants-and-Recreational-Drugs-%28long!%29 because they do interact with a surprising amount of recreational drugs in different ways. I found that while on a heterocyclic antidepressant it blocked any effects of my opiates.

Good luck, hope you find something that helps.

Well dilaudid is a opiate painkiller, hydromorphone is its chemical name. It is very strong, at least by mg. A 4 mg dose is a standard dose for pain. They are pretty short acting, though, they do make an Extended Release version, I believe. But, ya the rest aren't painkillers, xanax is a benzo that works best for anxiety(it has some very mild muscle relaxant effects, but you'd want valium for a benzo with muscle relaxant properties that were worth a damn) adderall and focalin are stiimulants and will make it worse if anything.

The 7.5 mg percocets (w/500 mg paracetamol) are for breakthough pain. The fentanyl will provide a steady pain relief but when it flares up bad they give you the percs to help get through excessively bad pains.

Last edited:
Hey thanks for replying guys and i understand everything about the opioid tolerance now.

But would that still explain why i can not feel 8 350mg (2800mg) Somas at once? And i barely ever used muscle relaxers in the past. And the same question for coke. i only used it twice before, but in order to feel any effect from it I needed to take over 2g at once. Would being on the fentanyl explain all of this??

Soma is not a painkiller, and most cocaine is cut to shit (if it's actually pure, 100mg would be almost too much for most people) - also cocaine isn't a painkiller, either...

O i know that they are not painkillers, I am just wondering if the fent would attribute to them not working.

Sorry for being such a scrub.

ventually I was taken off of all narcotics, and not because the reason you think! They did not show up in my urine test because my older brother started stealing from me. After that the doctor had me on Suboxone which was okay at first, but to be honest I hated taking them because they gave me headaches and the taste was so bad for me. So since then I have been in constant pain every day.

Suboxone gave me headaches also, I have 1 herniated disk and the pain is pretty bad when sitting . I could not imagine 4x. I switcherd to SUBUTEX and the headaches went away, and the pain is good I dont feel a thing. unless im like getting up or something from sitting i can feel it a bit.

go and try subutex its a great pain killer. u still have to put it under ur tongue and the taste is just disgusting but seeming as u dont do other drugs and what not i guess that ur only choice. I shoot the subutex via Wheel filter to make sure it is the safest way possible and that has helped 1. the taste ( There isnt any taste) 2. (U get the full effects basically compared to sublingually where its only like 50-70%) I could be totally off with the % of how much is lost via the tounge but all i know is , it fucking works. Private message me if you have any questions regarding my post

O i know that they are not painkillers, I am just wondering if the fent would attribute to them not working.

Sorry for being such a scrub.

Possibly the fent is overpowering the effects of them.

I'm assuming you didn't start with 8 somas either so did they ever have an effect when you first started them?

ventually I was taken off of all narcotics, and not because the reason you think! They did not show up in my urine test because my older brother started stealing from me. After that the doctor had me on Suboxone which was okay at first, but to be honest I hated taking them because they gave me headaches and the taste was so bad for me. So since then I have been in constant pain every day.

Suboxone gave me headaches also, I have 1 herniated disk and the pain is pretty bad when sitting . I could not imagine 4x. I switcherd to SUBUTEX and the headaches went away, and the pain is good I dont feel a thing. unless im like getting up or something from sitting i can feel it a bit.

go and try subutex its a great pain killer. u still have to put it under ur tongue and the taste is just disgusting but seeming as u dont do other drugs and what not i guess that ur only choice. I shoot the subutex via Wheel filter to make sure it is the safest way possible and that has helped 1. the taste ( There isnt any taste) 2. (U get the full effects basically compared to sublingually where its only like 50-70%) I could be totally off with the % of how much is lost via the tounge but all i know is , it fucking works. Private message me if you have any questions regarding my post

Your older brother started stealing them? Really? Do you not know how to hide something?

Honestly, from what I've seen from people who abuse their meds like you did your fentanyl, they tend to run out early before their next script...

I could be wrong though and if I really am then I apologize.

u obviously didnt even read the top post, because i just quoted OP post and added to it. Lol...

typical shrubssss

Hey thanks for replying guys and i understand everything about the opioid tolerance now.

But would that still explain why i can not feel 8 350mg (2800mg) Somas at once? And i barely ever used muscle relaxers in the past. And the same question for coke. i only used it twice before, but in order to feel any effect from it I needed to take over 2g at once. Would being on the fentanyl explain all of this??

Soma (carisoprodol) is notoriously unpredictable in terms of dose-response curve. I've taken 350 mgs (one pill) and been damn near knocked out, and I've taken 4 or 5 and felt jack shit. My best guess is a combination of rapid tolerance accrual, and/or the drug is highly sensitive to stomach conditions (e.g. pH, food contents, enzymes present, etc).

Soma (carisoprodol) is notoriously unpredictable in terms of dose-response curve. I've taken 350 mgs (one pill) and been damn near knocked out, and I've taken 4 or 5 and felt jack shit. My best guess is a combination of rapid tolerance accrual, and/or the drug is highly sensitive to stomach conditions (e.g. pH, food contents, enzymes present, etc).
Absolutely true about Soma took 3 or 4 at a time and nothing. One night, I just took one and found myself passed out on the floor in front of my parents, after having "soma shakes" or a seizure. I don't fuck with those anymore.

I did abuse them but I always made sure to keep a box to wear for when i had to go back to the doctor. I would even tape them behind pictures and under drawers and shit... and then they go missing.

How bout Butrans? That must be the shit for pain! Nice low dose bupe through your skin all day.

I did abuse them but I always made sure to keep a box to wear for when i had to go back to the doctor. I would even tape them behind pictures and under drawers and shit... and then they go missing.

Sounds like you were high enough that you probably forgot you actually would hide them, and go take them while you were high as a kite and forget that you took them honestly.