• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Nothing to smoke out of? Ideas?

TheChillGuy

Greenlighter
Bomb weed, nothing to smoke out of. What would you use? If cig J's, what's the most efficient way to use them?

You can basically smoke out of anything. Especially if you have tin foil. Find an empty can, dent one side, poke holes in the side and smoke from the pop top. Or Find an empty bottle melt a choke hole and a mouth hole in the sides, preferably in positions comfortable for your hand and head, then take tin foil sculpt it to the top where you would drink out of, poke holes in it and use that as your bowl. Same Principles to anything really.

HOW-TO-MAKE-AN-APPLE-PIPE.jpg

yw

you don't even need a knife. I've made functional ones with just a pen & a piece of fruit.

I don't think I've ever used a knife to make a smoking device lol. always used my earing or liprinv or a fucking safety pin for my hole poking. For fruit ones I'd just take the ink part out of a pen and use that as my "scooping device"

Thanks everybody. I ended up going with the "can" idea someone up there suggested, sounded like the easiest/ least brain power required. Just dent the can, poke holes, use the mouth part to inhale herb milk.

I'm a bit confused as to the fundamentals of creating a smoking device though. I'd make a seperate thread for it, but I'll just ask here. What are the fundamentals for creating a smoking device from an apple, bottle, pen, etc.?

A simple breakdown of the fundamental principles would do wonders for me. I have very bad ADHD, people think it's something you grow out of but I'm 22 and nothing explained to me makes much sense unless it's well explained, and I can ask questions :/

Fundamental principles? Uhhh...

You need a bowl to place your herb in for combustion (example: a clean metal socket), a downstem to funnel the smoke (example: hollowed out pen tube) either into your chamber (example: the inside of a plastic bottle) or directly into the third important piece, the mouthpiece (example: another hollowed out pen tube) where you inhale the smoke from. An apple pipe won't have much in the way of a chamber, whereas a soda bottle bong will have a rather large one for the smoke to collect in before you take a huge pull. Any way you can manage to connect those three pieces into an airtight piece of junk (sorry, still in Fallout-mode), you should be able to smoke out of it. It's not always healthy to do so, but bongs are fuckin' simple to make once you know what you need.

A carb/shotgun is an optional feature that's basically a hole punched into the side of your chamber and allows you to control the airflow with your thumb or finger. Bowlpiece screens are also optional but make things so much cleaner.

Also, with an apple pipe you really just need something to punch correctly-sized and -placed holes into the apple. People like to coat the bowl-part of an apple pipe with foil for a cleaner burn, but at the end of the day that's really unnecessary. In a real pinch, three holes in an apple and you're good to go for a session or two.

Last edited:
go into your tool shed and grab a socket bit if you're opposed to using foil or a can, it's easy to use and you can just stick it in the lid of a bottle or just use it as a one hitter but the bowls are small unfortunately

You can use a soda can but that will hurt you in the long run causes Dementia. don't use anything plastic

Take one of those springy door stops and shove it into the side of a Gatorade bottle after you put a hole in it, add screen and weed, rush hole near the top optional. Boom, you have a bong.

go into your tool shed and grab a socket bit if you're opposed to using foil or a can, it's easy to use and you can just stick it in the lid of a bottle or just use it as a one hitter but the bowls are small unfortunately

what he said except i mold the socket into the side of the bottle by melting a hole in the plastic 20oz...which can be fucky but you'll get er, use the one you messed up on as a carb haha

You can roll a joint with a piece of the outside wrapper from a roll of toilet paper,don't use if it's the waxy shit. When I was locked up people would get tobacco smuggled in and that's how we rolled our smokes.

Aluminium Foil and a plastic bottle.

Burn hole in bottom of bottle
Put foil where lid of bottle goes
Punch holes in foil with ear ring
Take foil off
Cover hole in bottom with finger
Fill bottle with water
Put foil back on top and insert cannabis
Light lighter on cannabis
Remove finger from hole.
2l bottle will fill with smoke
Put finger back over hole
Remove foil and leave 1 inch of water in bottom of bottle
Remove finger from hole
Place mouth over where foil was
Inhale.

There you have it, what we call in Ireland a "fuck it"

Last edited:
Be careful with smoking tin/aluminum foil.
1) I take an empty bottle and a slider piece (use a pen and socket if you don't have one of these), burn a hole towards the bottom, place the socket in, and burn a seperate hole at the top for a carb. Make sure you have sufficient airflow before using, you may need to alter it with tape to tighten the seal.

2) Take an empty can and bend it in half. Then, use a knife or another sharp object to poke many tiny holes in the spot where the can was bent. Place your weed here then smoke through the top of the can where you drink from.

3) Make a steamroller. Take an empty toilet paper/papertowel roll, make a hole in it for a socket, check your airflow and smoke away.

4) Take the tobacco/filter out of a cigarette and use the paper as a makeshift joint. You can keep the filter on but the hits are not really worth it to me.

Be creative, and have fun smoking!

I don't think the tin foil problem is really a problem anymore? Could be wrong but I think tin has been replaced with aluminium which doesn't have the same bad health effects e.g alzheimers. I personally always burn the foil until it's black before putting it on the bottle (after putting the holes in it) just in case though.

Ram a pen tube in a soda bottle, put tinfoil over the cap hole and use it as your bowl. Inhale through the pen tube.

This actually works really well for a homemade pipe! It's very easy to make and it hits well.

Can leave air holes though if you wanna do this use some blue tack. That sticky stuff that's blue usual I can't remember what you Americans call it