• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Heroin Not impressed by 1st time Heroin use - other suggestions pls

wirkdy

Bluelighter
I tried heroin for the first time for hard pain relief, h was very light brown (beige) with little stones and acrid smell, initially I tried smoking it (chase the dragon), I did everything correct after reading and watching guides but results and effects were...ZERO! And that is strange!

So I tried snorting it, I did 4 small lines probably close to 0.2g in all and I felt the effects, they are nice and above all I got some relief from pain and could sleep but the affects are not very long lasting, the peak is I'd say a couple of hours then they start to dissipate, honestly I prefer something that has a slower but longer release like Tramadol/Dexketoprofen which I used.

That's my experience with h, not planning on injecting ever that scares the shite out of me and not looking forward to snorting soon again like I already miss it but try it orally I would if I'd get a slow and longer effects release but don't know how to do it safely. 1g lasted 4 days.
Any other suggestions opinion is welcome!

Last edited:
Heroin is a terrible choice for pain, unless you get pharma-grade diamorphine prescribed by a doctor.
I was also very unimpressed with heroin the first few times. Then I was very impressed with heroin for a few years.

My suggestion is switching to a longer acting opiate. You won't be able to give heroin longer legs whichever ROA you use (more than an hour or so, tops).

Heroin is a terrible choice for pain, unless you get pharma-grade diamorphine prescribed by a doctor.

My suggestion is switching to a longer acting opiate. You won't be able to give heroin longer legs whichever ROA you use (more than an hour or so, tops).
why is it?
which one would it be?
and sorry what's ROA?

why is it?
Because quality is inconsistent with street drugs, for starters. You'll never be able to keep to one specific dosage.
which one would it be?
I'd look into something like OxyContin or MsContin, with extended release. Do you have a doctor that could help you get a script?
and sorry what's ROA?
No worries. Route of administration. Snorting is one, I.V is one, oral is one, and so on.

If you are looking for legitimate pain management I also agree that your best option is pharma, not street dope.

Also just want to point out that about 30% of people who try heroin actually end up not enjoying it and typically never do it again. It's fairly common. Heroin isn't some "ultimate" drug that everyone in the world loves.

Doing heroin and not liking it I would actually consider a blessing in disguise.

yea i think it sucks

all opiates are garbage to me - i hate them all

they gave me dilaudid when i had an appendectomy - man was i fucked up - can't believe they give that to ppl

but yea - not injecting a drug is something ive never done either, and i feel like you're crossing a line if you decide to do that...so you're good there too

anyway - i think not liking opiates is a good trait to have - stay unimpressed

I believe opiates are drug that you only enjoy if your life circumstances are shit or you stick at it like I did til it feels good lol. (Or in my case, both..) Practice makes perfect as they say.. I’ve gotten a lot of “practice” over the years.

-GC

I believe opiates are drug that you only enjoy if your life circumstances are shit or you stick at it like I did til it feels good lol. (Or in my case, both..) Practice makes perfect as they say.. I’ve gotten a lot of “practice” over the years.

-GC
mine pretty much is :LOL: as I wrote I enjoyed the effects very much but they were something like opioid based medicines, I thought h would be much stronger by smoking or snorting.

I'd like to try that but personal doctor is a pos, isn't in favor of opioid medicine and just makes things harder for me.
I see. That's a bummer. There are a lot of fentanyl presses out there, but real Oxy's are still around. Just make sure to test them.
I enjoyed the effects very much but they were something like opioid based medicines, I thought h would be much stronger by smoking or snorting.
It wasn't until I had tried heroin a few times that it really hit me like I initially expected it would. Probably due to higher dosage or better gear. But after that time, I had tunnelvision, seeing only heroin. I'm not saying you'd do the same, but finding out how great heroin is usually doesn't end the relationship to it.

-GC
"Hard" drugs are really the soft ones and vice-versa, in a lot of ways. Opiates have an especially mellow effect that has a lot to do with your pre-drug state of mind, as you say. But many people are also surprised how subtle the buzz is when they try cocaine or meth for the first time.

Whereas nobody who takes an effective dose of mushrooms has to wonder "Am I feeling it?" and the same is basically true for the ultimate "soft" drug, cannabis. Especially when someone starts out smoking weed or hash and has no tolerance, the effects are arguably more "intense" - more disorienting and dramatic, at least - than it is to snort a line of heroin or a few of cocaine.

It wasn't until I had tried heroin a few times that it really hit me like I initially expected it would. Probably due to higher dosage or better gear. But after that time, I had tunnelvision, seeing only heroin. I'm not saying you'd do the same, but finding out how great heroin is usually doesn't end the relationship to it.
I completely agree. I believe it wasn't until my 3rd or 4th time smoking heroin that it really hit me like "wow... I really really really like this stuff". I can actually remember that moment. Smoked with some friends in a car, and when we were done I opened the door, stood up (my legs nearly collapsed), the cold air hit my face and I had the most intense euphoria. Felt like my eyes were rolling in the back of my head. And thus began the next 9 years of hell in life.

I think that was my first full dose.

Sorry to be so blatantly blunt, but OP this is a terriibleeeee idea. Terrible! Lol.

Heroin is the kingpin of suffering when it comes to opiates. It's just too easy to get wicked greedy and in such a short time period with such a powerful and enticing opiate. You will no longer care about the pain relief in time.. especially when it comes to a higher quality batch you would be so lucky/unlucky to encounter. Living with pain truly sucks and its unfortunate that opiates are such an equally hedonistic material to treat pain with as much as they are medicinally irreplaceable.

Honestly any other opiate route you take would be better. Even financially just taking the misery to your accounts and using strictly opioids like oxycodone/percocet, long-lasting morphine tablets... just anything not heroin. I do not know your situation and you don't have to say its okay, but morphine tablets are notoriously not the favorite cup of tea for addicts trying to get as high as possible for the funzies--but strangely very very good for pain relief. If your doctor has gone to medical school for a decade and is most likely from a high-demanding and wealthy family, then maybe he should consider actually preventing his patient from flocking to heroin for pain relief.

All I'll say on that one. ^^^^

Last edited:
I never got much euphoria from heroin - and still don't. Fentanyl is what gives me the best rush. That was the feeling I almost lost my life over - multiple times. Everybody is different. And opioids especially... take a while to really dig their claws in, however once you've been punctured its extremely hard to get them out. Meth is opposite, it immediately captures you with in your face euphoria, and you are hooked. But it doesn't take too long to release those hooks provide a lot of pain, and are actually pretty easy to remove. So in other words, opioid addiction takes a while to get started, but once its been firmly established its next to impossible to give up for good.

Anyway I'm pretty drunk but hopefully that made sense XD