• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Not getting stoned for as long?

BlissfullyAddicted

Greenlighter
Hi, so I've been a daily weed smoker for about 3 years now. My tolerance is definitely higher than it used to be, but as long as I smoke two joints instead of one I always get good and stoned :) My only problem is, no matter how stoned I get (unless I'm blasted out of my skull) it always seems to completely fade away in 30 minutes or LESS. Is this normal? I used to get stoned for an hour and a half - two hours when I first started, along with lingering after effects. People say just smoke more but this isn't always possible (work overnght shifts and always rip a few before going in). Is there any way to make the stone last longer? I know edibles work but I'm very lazy ;) is this the only way? Any replies would be appreciated! Thanks!

Yep, normal. It's tolerance. Take a break or eat edibles, however edibles will skyrocket tolerance. Maybe invest in a vape pen and take little hits as needed?

Back when I was an all-day-every-day toker, this made weed smoking lose all it's value. Nowadays, I don't smoke before work and only smoke one bowl at a time (as opposed to ripping several bowls at once), rarely totaling more than 3 bowls a night now, spread out over several hours. This allows me to come home after a long day at work, sit on my deck and get BLASTED, every day, reliably without tolerance building too high. You gotta allow yourself to come down to feel yourself going up, otherwise it's just maintenance.

Try an experiment, like I did. First, try going to work without getting stoned and see how it affects your day. I find my day goes way faster and I'm generally happier at work, less zombified and numbed up. Then, reward yourself with that bowl after work, watch how stoned you get just from simply holding off a few hours, not even days.

Also, another thing to try is smoke just one good solid hit and put down the bowl, let that one single hit set in over the course of the next hour or so. You'll be surprised how stoned you get and for how long, and you'll realize that smoking that 2nd, 3rd, 4th bowl atop of the first hit you took doesn't actually get you all that much higher. This worked for me. Now, this is the only way I smoke, just one, fat hit.

Another thing to do is buy some really low grade, leafy shake and keep a jar of it on hand all the time. Allow yourself to run out of your good weed and simply smoke this crappy stuff for a day or two before resupplying with good stuff. You're still smoking, you'll be surprised with how stoned you got with this crappy weed (and differently stoned because it's a different strain), and then when you get your hands on the good stuff again, haha lookout!!! :)

Quote Originally Posted by 421 View Post
Smoke less! (Lower your tolerance)
Really?!

Yeah dude, really. What's your suggestion?

It does not matter what activity you're talking about, be it smoking pot, shooting heroin, rolling on molly, shopping, racing cars, having sex, playing sports, etc.....no matter what you do, if you do it every day, all day, it's going to lose it's novelty and just become 'expected' and routine.

I dunno about all that.

What don't you know? You can't say that if you had sex the instant you woke up, then again before work, then once on your lunch break, then maybe again before going home, then you get home and do nothing but have sex over and over and over again until you go to bed, and then wake up the next day and do it all again, and again, and again.......you can't tell me that it would still be as exciting to get laid.

Humans are designed to adapt, no matter how pleasurable or shitty the situation is. Just like jumping into a freezing ass pool, it sucks at first but then you get used to it. If you jump in the freezing pool every day, you'll eventually not even notice the temperature. Same thing, you enjoy getting stoned, but then you get used to it if you do it constantly and you notice the high less.

I can see your perspective. If we stop and think about this. Most things we do in life is automatic and we do it without having any fun. However, that is one of the reasons people use drugs.

What don't you know? You can't say that if you had sex the instant you woke up, then again before work, then once on your lunch break, then maybe again before going home, then you get home and do nothing but have sex over and over and over again until you go to bed, and then wake up the next day and do it all again, and again, and again.......you can't tell me that it would still be as exciting to get laid.

Humans are designed to adapt, no matter how pleasurable or shitty the situation is. Just like jumping into a freezing ass pool, it sucks at first but then you get used to it. If you jump in the freezing pool every day, you'll eventually not even notice the temperature. Same thing, you enjoy getting stoned, but then you get used to it if you do it constantly and you notice the high less.

I don't agree. Sorry. I don't know how people will get sick of fucking. I don't think we're wired to get sick of it. And sure you threw in the blanket of "everyday, all day" but that is implying that we'd die having sex because we would forget to eat. Being a little more realistic about constantly having sex? Well I believe a majority will not get sick of having it damn near constantly.

Weed is one of these things not to be done daily. You get nothing after sometime. But when talking about sex, that´s always rewarding.

If you can, and I know you might laugh this off, BACK OFF for a month or so. When you come back to THC, it'll come back to you...with a vengeance .

Weed is one of these things not to be done daily. You get nothing after sometime. But when talking about sex, that´s always rewarding.

For some, maybe. I don't see myself getting tired of the herbal... ever. That's coming 10+ years after my first toke, about 4 years of near daily smoking and the past two and a half years I've gone through a gram a day on average, every day.

I'll make sure to let you guys know when it stops being what I want it to be. ;)

For some, maybe. I don't see myself getting tired of the herbal... ever. That's coming 10+ years after my first toke, about 4 years of near daily smoking and the past two and a half years I've gone through a gram a day on average, every day.

I'll make sure to let you guys know when it stops being what I want it to be. ;)

If weed isn't hitting the spot try smoking H then you'll deffo get fucked up!!....(go easy on it I've heard it can be a bit moreish) ;)

Better keep up with weed instead of trying smoking H. It will definitely make things change. Besides if you go there, the next day will already be different.

Taking breaks is always a good idea. I just took a good 2-3month break after having it constantly for about 4yrs or so. After that, I got a 1/4, and I just took small hits here and there. Mainly using after work only. I was surprised how stoned I was getting when before, it was bowl after bowl. More a maintenance thing as someone said earlier. The 1/4 lasted 3 weeks, when before I could easily go through a 1/4 in a weekend. Everything in moderation.

I smoke myself sober roughly every 6 months, smoke that much that it stops doing anything at all after a while, gets to the point where it's not worth buying. Maintenance is boring. Stop for a while & your tolerance will drop, even a few days or a week off is enough to get some of the effect back. If you've managed to develop a habit, then a fast taper makes easy to get off it with no sickness, insomnia, depression, etc, just smoke half as much each day until you're under 1g a day & then quit. Changing varieties can help too, if I smoke a single strain for too long I develop a tolerance to that strain more than others.

Last edited:
I think that is normal, I know i used to get stoned a lot longer usually but a lot of times now it doesn't last as long. Though I have found some ways aside from taking what some refer to as a tolerance break to make it last longer. I try not to smoke the same strain over and over, I try and switch it up with different strains since they all have slightly different effects or sometimes even if I have plenty of marijuana to last a week or whatever I might switch it up with resin since I collect and keep that but some people don't like smoking that. I also decrease my smoking like maybe just load a bowl and just hit that a few times throughout the day especially if I am able to occupy myself to the extent I don't even think about smoking.

Take a tolerance break. Try to smoke at night if you can that should lower your tolerance. Right now I'm on a t break till Friday when I get paid.