• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

not getting high at all! need help

roby81

Greenlighter
so ive smoked weed for about 2 years and by now i need about 5 big ass hits to get a normal high. but i have about 2 days without smoking and today ama smike but idk if itll hit me. does anyone know a way i can get higher while hitting it ( i will use a normal pipe spoon) or maybe some food that can increase the high?

Mangoes, chocolate might help a little. Not smoking it helps too, if you can vaporize it then it'll last longer & hot harder, or if you just take breaks from smoking you'll lose your tolerance.

I have found that if i smoke the same strain for a long time it seems to lose potency...

Yeah, switching between strains definately helps a bit but a tolerance break is the only thing that will bring your tolerance down significantly.
Sad, but true.

Another thing is that, even with a long tolerance break, your tolerance will raise again fast when you start using again.
So the only thing that works long term, if your in a situation with heavy tolerance, is to take a long ass break.
After that, you will have to limit your use or else you will be back where you are now in a matter of weeks of using daily-
I have been through that several times in my life.

It is possible to get high everyday, on a smaller amount, but you will have to take that break first, and then you figure out what your new ideal dosage is and stick to it!
The real problem with tolerance happens when you start to increase your ideal dosage in order to get the same high as before. Soon you'll need even more and before you know it, you are smoking 5 bowls just to get a crappy high.

As a side note, I had a pretty bad Cannabis tolerance myself. I took a break and then started to smoke (well, vape actually) a lot less a session and not before night time or at least later on in the day.
Now, I have been vaping almost everyday for a year, I still get the desired high every time and I "only" use 0,2-0,6 g a day (not the best bud around, but close to it) and since Im restricting myself to this kind of use, my tolerance haven't developed further.
So it can be done, even with everyday use, but it takes some willpower to restrict yourself, it definately wasn't easy the first couple of weeks with my new way of using (I used to smoke up to 2-2,5 grams a day when my use was at it's peak)

I just got a vape last week & it's cut my weed use right down, it's much stronger than smoking, went from 1-2g a day to less than 0.5g, feels much healthier & tastes better too, my sense of taste is returning as well, I think smoking harms your taste buds & nose. You need to spend some money for a quality vaporizer, but it'll pay for itself quickly if you're a daily smoker. There's some competition in the vaporizer market now, so you can find quality vaporizers at fairly reasonable prices now, my Flowermate Vapormax V5 is awesome, very happy that I got good value.

Depending on the type of glass pipe you've got you might be able to hit it without burning the weed too much, keep the lighter further away or just heat the glass up. It's easier if you've got a glass pipe designed for vaping, like an eagle bill or similar. Even better if you've got good hash or oil, that vaporizes easily. If you burn your weed then you're burning some of the thc away.

Eating cannabis works too, that's the only food sure to get you much higher. A gram or two of hash in a yoghurt will get most people very high & the high lasts longer, most of the day. Even lower quality hash or weed that isn't very strong to smoke can work great in edibles, just dissolve it in some butter or oil & mix it into something small that doesn't need to cook for long or at high temperature (or at all), something with milk in will help it to absorb even better, yoghurt or hot chocolate works well. I like weed in hot chocolates, it adds a good flavour & hash yoghurt is amazing. It's just harder to judge doses when you're eating it, easy to either feel very little or start tripping for 10 hours & it takes a while to have any effect, don't eat it if you have anything else to do for the rest of day.

Try going a few days without smoking.. Changing the strain you smoke (IE: if you always get "headies/exotic" switch it up & get "mids") it'll be a different type of high.. Use some keef (if you have a grinder).. Switch up what you smoke out of (IE: instead of using a "spoon/bowl" use a "bong" or a "bubbler").. Try holding the hit in as long as you can each time.. Smoke in a more relaxed/quicker fashion (IE: take hits quicker or space them out a little longer).. Smoke "rez" here & there if you can scrap it out of your piece.

I have found that if i smoke the same strain for a long time it seems to lose potency...

This^^ The same thing happened to me not that long ago. For about a month I could only get the strain Bruce Banner for some reason(this was before we had dispensaries) and I'd say I'm a moderate smoker. Anyways after 2 ozs I just wasn't getting high anymore, but knew my tolerance couldn't be that high because I know a TON of people who smoke way more than me but still get high. Anyway I managed to get my hands on some OG Kush and I got so stoned, off like half a joint. Needless to say I hate Bruce Banner and will never buy it again.

Mangoes, chocolate might help a little. Not smoking it helps too, if you can vaporize it then it'll last longer & hot harder, or if you just take breaks from smoking you'll lose your tolerance.

Come on, now, don't bullshit the man!

Your tolerance to weed has gone up...unless you want much more of the same, but getting exponentially less high each time, I suggest you take a little break..long as you can stand.

That's the only remedy for tolerance...I've been smoking about 6 years without a break and I don't get high, unless I take a 20$ gram of some really potent shit to the face.

I still smoke about 6-10 bowls a day/night, and all I get is mild relaxation, mild analgesia, very mild buzz, and slight hypotension...not to mention this goddamn cough I got, it got old a long time ago!!

Switching strains and smoking methods really helps reduce your tolerance. I've gotten to the point where because I dab way more often than I smoke (cant easily smoke weed in a dorm aside from wax in a pen) toking the flower is like dabbing!

Ive made mango smoothies for my stoner friends and myself on several occasions and we find it does mildly increases the effects.

The mango thing is not bullshit, but it's less of a gamble if you just substitute lemongrass oil, which has much more of the relevant compound. It only works if the weed you're smoking is lacking that chemical, though. So it works better with older weed generally.

5 hits??? stop counting. smoke twice as much in the same time frame and you will fill it - science.

"Salt is good: but if the salt have lost his savour, wherewith shall it be seasoned?" - Jesus (luke 14:34)
So if you don't exclusively get your kicks from "5 hits", you will enjoy other things and weed more.

Yeah the best idea is to take a break. Then if you come across some nice stuff after a week off it you will get really high.

You shouldn't need to count hits, just have a few and see how you feel.

Dr Greenthumb - I stopped smoking bongs about a year ago and switched to vapes only, and I feel loads better/healthier. I also find I dont go thru as much weed and it tastes great thru the vape. I used to just use my extreme Q but but since that is not portable I bought an Arizer Solo so I can walk around the house and take it outside etc. I get really high off around 0.5 in the solo and .8-1g in the Extreme Q (it has a bigger section to put the buds) and it is fan forced, both are great, but I love switching between the two of them, the extreme Q is easier to toke as its fan forced, but the Solo is a nice thick vapour as well, just a bit harder to draw back on it.