• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc Not getting effects from any drug I take

GuyDude

Greenlighter
So I should start off with saying the title is not 100% true, I smoke weed almost daily and I get effects from it just fine. On the other hand, any other drug i've taken in the last couple of months has done nothing. I'll snort oxy and wait and wait for effects, but I never get a nod or any euphoria and sometimes I just get irritated. Im prescribed a ssri for depression and I dont take it, ive heard ssri's can reduce effects of opiates but I havent felt effects on or off of them. I will take upwards of 8 grams of kratom and feel nothing, I took a handful and a half of my anxiety medication, which made me feel sort of sedated and good feeling the first time I did it, but lately im just not getting effects. I have extreme depression and I dont know if it is a factor. I dont think it is a tolerance problem because it happens with several drugs and I only do them about once a month. Has anything similar happened to anyone else?

Its tolerance dude id bet my money on that. Even if ypu only do it once a month youd be surprised at how quickly it can build..
Thats my 5cents anyway? Goodluck

I can't speak directly to your kratom/opiod question because I don't know enough about it, but I have also dealt with depression the past while, and feel like my ability to get high, as it were has been lessened.

So I think it's possible for depression to dull certain effects, as that's what I feel has been happening to me.

It could also just be tolerance though. Possibly both, I suppose.

Its tolerance dude id bet my money on that. Even if ypu only do it once a month youd be surprised at how quickly it can build..
Thats my 5cents anyway? Goodluck

^^^^yup....and opiate/oid tolerance does cross over into Kratom tolerance. They both stimulate the same receptors. If your receptors need a certain amount to make you feel good (you level of tolerance) nothing is going to work until you get to that level or above. Kratom, Oxy, anything that stimulates the opiate/oid/mu receptors have a cross tolerance. You either need to do more or, in my opinion, stop altogether.

It sounds like you have a naturally high tolerance coupled with the tolerance you've built up. If you don't get out of this habit, you're going to end up spending LOADS of money to get (or try to get) high. Quit while you're ahead.

Namaste

Last edited:
Umm how about be thankful for this happening to you!go out and get some real hobbies and productive ways to pass your time!i know this is a drug forum but drugs take up a lot of time and energy

Does opiate tolerance effect Kratom tolerance that drastically?

Yes, Kratom is an opioid and thus cross-tolerance to all other opiates and opioids exists. If you are used to Oxy, Kratom will not do much for you anymore.

dont smoke weed daily if you have depression,it tends to make things worse in the long run

yeah, and I would tend to think that the depression is playing a part in why you're not feeling the effects of the drugs your doing. Some people get more depressed on opiates and downers in general.