• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Not feeling anything from 30mg of oxycodone?

pinkinterrupted

Greenlighter
Five days ago was my first time taking oxycodone and I barely felt a thing. I took five of 5mg prescription oxycodone by mouth. All I felt was a little euphoric but it wasn't anything I would rave about. I read other peoples stories of their experiences on 25mg of oxycodone and I was no where near as high as they described. A couple days later I took around 30mg of oxycodone (probably a bit more than 30mg) and nothing had changed from the last time, except both times I took oxycodone I threw up in the morning and I threw up more the morning after I took 30mg. Am I missing something painfully obvious? There has to be a reason I'm not getting as high as think I should be. The only thing I have a tolerance to is marijuana so I'm blind to what my issue seems to be. Can somebody please tell me what I'm missing and how stupid I am for missing it? I'm a 18 yo female who weighs 130, do those factors have anything to do with what I'm describing?

I'm the same as you, OP. My first time trying opiates, I got nothing from 20mg oxy, jumped it up to 40, felt something, jumped up to 80, and that was the feeling I'd been expecting. The I read other sites saying that 20 is way too high for a beginning user. I posted a couple threads here asking if anyone knew what was up, and no one really had a good answer. The best I could come up with is that possibly it just affects certain people differently. My fifth time taking oxy, I dose 140. Honestly didn't feel much different than 80, so I don't think I'll bother in the future. So, at the very least, you're not the only one. Unfortunate that it makes getting high quite a bit more expensive. :p

Everyone is unique, we all experience drugs differently and have different tolerances. Took me 40mg my first time to actually start feeling it, yet others are high as a kite on 20mg their first time.

Even though you dont feel much i dont suggest taking high doses like 80mg.
That's dangerous and you could od.

I suggest to take it as it is and dont experiment any further...stop now before you like it.

I could try snorting some idk if it would change anything but it's worth a shot or be smart and take it as a sign I can't get high on them anymore but I have such a bad metal addiction I fee I have to still even when off for awhile u don't want that

Some people just don't "get" the opiate high.

It's not like getting drunk, where you clearly have a changed perception, where you feel "f***ed up"

You can take opiates and go about your day and just feel energetic, talkative, social but no one would know you were "high"
That's for people new to opiates. Usually when you first try them you are not noddin out/passing out etc. Most beginners experience the opposite effect (energy, feeling good, sometimes can't sleep).

Doing opiates isn't like getting drunk, or rolling, or something where you are noticeably on something. Probably your expectations are what the issue is here.

And some people take opiates and love them from day one and feel like they've been missing that feeling their whole lives. Some don't like the way they feel. Some take it or leave it. Some like it after a few times.

From your post, i would say you were expecting something other than what opiates do, and probably you just don't have the taste for them. That's a good thing though--you won't end up a year down the road shooting heroin...

It's not like getting drunk, where you clearly have a changed perception, where you feel "f***ed up"

You can take opiates and go about your day and just feel energetic, talkative, social but no one would know you were "high"
That's for people new to opiates. Usually when you first try them you are not noddin out/passing out etc. Most beginners experience the opposite effect (energy, feeling good, sometimes can't sleep).

Doing opiates isn't like getting drunk, or rolling, or something where you are noticeably on something. Probably your expectations are what the issue is here.

And some people take opiates and love them from day one and feel like they've been missing that feeling their whole lives. Some don't like the way they feel. Some take it or leave it. Some like it after a few times.

From your post, i would say you were expecting something other than what opiates do, and probably you just don't have the taste for them. That's a good thing though--you won't end up a year down the road shooting heroin...

This.

Like seriously, I've seen about ten threads recently that are almost identical to this one, and I don't mean to be an asshole, but its like, what do you expect us to do about it? How are we going to help you get high off 30mg of oxycodone? You could take potentiators, you could take more oxycodone. But maybe it's a good thing you didn't feel a life altering high.

Cut way back before it finally kicks in. Get a gene test from your doctor. That will help them figure out what would/should work for you.

Its a blessing you didnt feel much. I would literally trade my right hand to go back in time and have that happen to me.

Even though you dont feel much i dont suggest taking high doses like 80mg.
That's dangerous and you could od.

I suggest to take it as it is and dont experiment any further...stop now before you like it.

"Stop now before you like it" is great advice.

For the opiate naïve with no tolerance, anything over 30mg oxycodone or 40mg hydrocodone (over the course of a day, not all at once) can be fatal. The people taking massive doses of hydro and oxy here are seriously dependent on opioids and have a very high tolerance.

Same here. I was opiate naive and the first time i took 20mg orally and didn't feel anything. Second time I took 20mg orally and snorted 20mg, still didn't feel anything (although I was a little drunk). The first time I really felt it I had to snort 40mg. Opiates are strange... they don't hit you strongly (unless you IV) like psychadelics/stimulants. At first they are subtle, and you almost need to 'look' for the high. After awhile though, you know what you're 'looking' for, and feel much lower does (although there could easily be some pharmacokinetics involved here). But yes, take care not to go above 40mg. Although some people (myself included) could take 80mg whilst opiate naive, some people will indeed OD...

But I will reiterate the advice from the thread: stop now while you're ahead. If you place any value on your life (and even if you don't), it's not worth chasing that high.

Agreed.

Stop trying to chase after the opiate high. You don't have a tolerance, or have a very low one if you take them frequently, and you are asking for addiction to them, or an overdose where you die. Stay safe.

Last edited:
I never felt anything from that dose either, I found oxy was a fine line between too little and too much. Very hard to get to that bliss point. Nothing like heroin which I what I was trying to imitate without going back down that path.